I Care a Lot | Rosamund Pike | Now streaming on Netflix

spider-pig

Crazy how Rosamund Pike can make you root for a villain most of the time throughout the film. What a star.

Also, what a satisfying ending; you just *don’t* mess with people’s mothers. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SchmoodRing

• Kevin2803

• Hector

• Littlejfrey

Y'all were rooting for her? I actually wanted her to suffer a horrendous end tbh.

The ending barely made me satisfied. Amazing movie though and very interesting angle/setting :clap3:

SchmoodRing
On 2/20/2021 at 10:25 AM, kayliah said:

This was a fun movie ill rewatch it again soon. A BLAST AND PIKE is such a star she needs films that match her talent. I thought of J.Lo in this type of role too, she reminds me a lot of Ramona without the crazy and sociopath tendencies.

A role like this would be perfect for JLO

4 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

"I Care a Lot" reminded me a lot of "Nightcrawler" in all the best ways. Like Louis Bloom, Marla Grayson is a very manipulative and vile person, who only cares about her profit. And yet, it's admirable how determinante and charismatic she is. I couldn't really root for her character, because i am a big Britney Spears fan and it just reminded me too much of her situation and the evil people around her, but she was still captivating to watch and there was not one dull moment in this movie.

And while she was a vile person and i didn't really root for her, i am also not sure if i feel satisfied or sad about the way it ended. Random story, but i took a personality test a few days ago and it said that i am person that is able to put myself into somebody else's shoes and understand what they feel and why they do what they do, even if i don't agree with their views or what they doing and i feel like that is very much true. And because of that, i love movies like this even more, because they are challenging and trigger so many complex and mixed feelings in me.

I use to think like that and couldn't afford to anymore because that kind of mindset trapped me in toxic environments and relationships 

53 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

I use to think like that and couldn't afford to anymore because that kind of mindset trapped me in toxic environments and relationships 

Yes, i know what you mean.

But i don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to be empathetic. Personal stuff aside, it really makes me enjoy movies more. I am a big horror fan and while most people see the decisions horror characters make from a outside perspective and call them stupid (what they probably are if you look at it rationally), i can really feel and understand why they do certain things in certain situations and why it would make sense to them.

4 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

Yes, i know what you mean.

But i don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to be empathetic. Personal stuff aside, it really makes me enjoy movies more. I am a big horror fan and while most people see the decisions horror characters make from a outside perspective and call them stupid (what they probably are if you look at it rationally), i can really feel and understand why they do certain things in certain situations and why it would make sense to them.

Yeah I'm already a very sensitive and emotional and empathetic but it's been taken advantage of by people who are very manipulative so it's just not something I can afford to do anymore. Like I still am those things just much more toned down. Funny enough I think that's why I like horror movies so much. Seeing the final girl or guy or whatever just overcome all that horror gives me some sort of hope that I can do the same in real life if that makes any sense? 

This movie was interesting. Pike is very good at roles like these. I think the movie provides ample ground for a critique of “power feminism” and the girlboss mentality, while also highlighting some of the inherent sexism present in white collar America. 

I thought the film was more nuanced than Promising Young Woman though not as compelling or coherent. Both strong films in their own right though. 

Edited by Rotunda
8 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Funny enough I think that's why I like horror movies so much. Seeing the final girl or guy or whatever just overcome all that horror gives me some sort of hope that I can do the same in real life if that makes any sense? 

It definitely does!

Rosamund Pike needs to be talked about more and needs to be in more movies because she’s one of the best living actresses alive, it’s a shame her career didn’t take off after Gone Girl 

10 hours ago, yonsé said:

lol that movie sucked 

9 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Ikr. This movie is soo interesting and like wow. 

Pyw was mediocre 

PYW - 7,5 on imdb / 91 on RT

ICAL - 6,3 / 81 on RT

tenor.gif?itemid=4171177

7 hours ago, Sharapov said:

ICAL - 6,3 / 81 on RT

tenor.gif?itemid=4171177

lol ok? just because the critics liked it doesn’t mean I have to? u thought u did something lol 

7 hours ago, Sharapov said:

ICAL - 6,3 / 81 on RT

tenor.gif?itemid=4171177

To be fair, a far more accurate indicator of critical reception would be MC - and I Care A Lot isn't that far off (66) when comparing to PYW (72). 

There are a lot of things this movie does better than PYW, actually. The directing isn't a mess, the tonal shifts aren't all over the place, the writing isn't clichéd with every gotcha! moment possible. And, quite frankly, it does hold the attention of the viewer so much better with its pacing. PYW was quite weak in that regard - tbh it was a chore to get through (but I got through it because of CM's godlike performance nevertheless). The only thing I'd fault this movie with is that they went all bonkers in the second half, and while entertaining, it just wasn't believable anymore (I was able to let that slide with a dash of suspension of disbelief but they could've pulled it off much nicely). 

this was cute! very entertaining although it was getting more and more messy as the plot progressed. it felt like they forgot about Jennifer half way through :rip: