I Care a Lot | Rosamund Pike | Now streaming on Netflix

A woman who makes her living stealing from the elderly by deceiving judges into appointing her as their "legal guardian" lands into hot water when her latest victim turns out to have ties to a powerful gangster.

Edited by Anye
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SchmoodRing

• Kevin2803

• Hector

• Sharapov

Rosamund's voice,  hair,  and her narration gave me Gone Girl flashbacks.  :jonny5:I loved it! A good,  fun heist movie! Plot was ridiculous but not enough for me to be annoyed by it. Rosamund herself was very good in the movie overall. 

4 hours ago, Daddy said:

Rosamund can't do no wrong. That was such a fun and entertaining movie. A star!

The whole plot is so current due the whole Britney thing

I thought this too! Eerie:

I was thinking about Britney when I watched this too

Spoiler

And it makes my blood boil that in the end she got away with everything. Marla is a vile human being that deserves to rot in hell. 

Rosamund was so good in this :jonny2:  I hope this and Free Britney are making the GP more aware of predatory guardianships

@LikingstarsShe died though so she kinda didn’t. I think it showed how the first scam of stealing from the elderly that we see her taking part in comes back to kill her in the end. I will say the tone of the film felt strange at some points though, like it almost felt at points that we were meant to be rooting for her, but she was so evil so it was impossible to.

Edited by Beyonnaise
6 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

Rosamund was so good in this :jonny2:  I hope this and Free Britney are making the GP more aware of predatory guardianships

Hide contents

@LikingstarsShe died though so she kinda didn’t. I think it showed how the first scam of stealing from the elderly that we see her taking part in comes back to kill her in the end. I will say the tone of the film felt strange at some points though, like it almost felt at points that we were meant to be rooting for her, but she was so evil so it was impossible to.

Spoiler

She basically played the perfect anti-hero(ine) in that she was so remarkably clever that even if you couldn't root for her,  you either loved her or loved to hate her. 

This was a fun movie ill rewatch it again soon. A BLAST AND PIKE is such a star she needs films that match her talent. I thought of J.Lo in this type of role too, she reminds me a lot of Ramona without the crazy and sociopath tendencies.

1 hour ago, fountain said:

I think it’s only Netflix US, and Amazon Prime internationally 

Yea found out eventually. That sucks. One of the rare times I’m willing to watch a Netflix original right away, their stupid geographical segregation gets in the way again :mad:

5 hours ago, Bey'Knight said:

Yea found out eventually. That sucks. One of the rare times I’m willing to watch a Netflix original right away, their stupid geographical segregation gets in the way again :mad:

JFC, just realized this isn't on Netflix Canada.  How can they market this as a Netflix original when it's only available in the US.  Stupid.

Guess I'll get it another way...

This was such a great dark comedy!

1 hour ago, Miles. said:

JFC, just realized this isn't on Netflix Canada.  How can they market this as a Netflix original when it's only available in the US.  Stupid.

Guess I'll get it another way...

Netflix: US, France, Germany, South Africa, Latin America, Middle East and India

Amazon Prime: Australia, Canada, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand and UK.

Mr. Blue_Shirt

The film itself it's really gut wrenching. Pike nailed her part but i can see this film become polarising among the people who watched it

The film basically has villians with no redeeming qualities as protagonists but thank god they get what they deserves in the end. 

"I Care a Lot" reminded me a lot of "Nightcrawler" in all the best ways. Like Louis Bloom, Marla Grayson is a very manipulative and vile person, who only cares about her profit. And yet, it's admirable how determinante and charismatic she is. I couldn't really root for her character, because i am a big Britney Spears fan and it just reminded me too much of her situation and the evil people around her, but she was still captivating to watch and there was not one dull moment in this movie.

And while she was a vile person and i didn't really root for her, i am also not sure if i feel satisfied or sad about the way it ended. Random story, but i took a personality test a few days ago and it said that i am person that is able to put myself into somebody else's shoes and understand what they feel and why they do what they do, even if i don't agree with their views or what they doing and i feel like that is very much true. And because of that, i love movies like this even more, because they are challenging and trigger so many complex and mixed feelings in me.

I've seen some people didn't like this movie and I really can't understand how :rip: it was great. Rosamund did that again, modern queen of Thrillers if you ask me.