Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lee!!

'13 Reasons Why' Near Season 2 Renewal at Netflix

Lee!!

Netflix is on the cusp of renewing 13 Reasons Why.

The streamer is near a deal for a second season of the controversial drama about teen suicide, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Sources tell THR that a writers' room for the sophomore run has been up and running for a few weeks. Netflix declined comment.

Source

Not surprising

FrederickSpears

Obviously it was going to be 

LuLuDrops

Duh. So many lose ends and bish that better not be it.

I.T.

Oh god not another season of these bitches. Who kills themself this time?

Courtney Love

:alexz: 

PurpleQueen
3 minutes ago, I.T. said:

Alex already killed himself 

Leppie

Obviously. Surely the biggest Netflix show since Orange is the New Black?

cloudinthesky

As much as I liked the first season, the ending was stupid and horribly anti-climactic. You can tell they purposefully half-assed it just so they could fit in a second season and honestly I don't feel like this is the type of show that needs one. They could have wrapped up everyone's story easily in the finale or with one more episode. This just seems forced :doc:  Like I don't know if I can sit through another 12 episodes of slow build up just to end in another half-assed finale that leads no where

Aston Martin
5 minutes ago, I.T. said:

Me if i have to keep listening to my friend bring up this damn show every three seconds. 

Kanji

Really? There are a few things left to be cleared up but I don't think it needs a whole new season to do so. They could easily fix everything with a one off episode instead of dragging it on like they are doing now

Javan
Just now, cloudinthesky said:

As much as I liked the first season, the ending was stupid and horribly anti-climactic. You can tell they purposefully half-assed it just so they could fit in a second season and honestly I don't feel like this is the type of show that needs one. They could have wrapped up everyone's story easily in the finale or with one more episode. This just seems forced :doc: 

It wasn't anticlimactic. You were only promised a listen of all the tapes and that's what you got. Don't be entitled :cm:

I.T.
Just now, Aston Martin said:

me if i have to keep listening to my friend bring up this damn show every three seconds 

pffffft; will your friend be the star of all 13 tapes?

Roberto

How? No Hannah, no 13 Reasons Why. 

Buffy

Aheeemmm spoilers for those who havent watched.

That "person" at the end didn't die though. He just suffered a gunshot wound to the head. Isn't he in critical condition? 

Javan
1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Really? There are a few things left to be cleared up but I don't think it needs a whole new season to do so

It may not even be 13 episodes tho. Black mirror only has like 4 episodes per season. Netflix doesn't follow the rules of cable television because they don't aim for syndication.

Pozeidon
4 minutes ago, PurpleQueen said:

Alex already killed himself 

Nn. According to the principal, he did. No one knows what actually happened.

OT: YASS. They need to solve some plots. :alexz: 

eaucitronnée

possible spoilers for anyone who hasn't finished series 1 of 13RW:

Spoiler

not exactly unexpected tbh. they ended it with such looseness. for it to not get a second season would be **** tbh :doc:

Phuccery, Inc.

As much as I would want one it doesn't need it. THeyre better doing an epilogue. The show left me wanting more but the ending sufficed.

anklebiterrs
Just now, Javan said:

It may not even be 13 episodes tho. Black mirror only has like 4 episodes per season. Netflix doesn't follow the rules of cable television because they don't aim for syndication.

Most series on Netflix are usually 8 (for miniseries) or 13 episodes (for full season). Black Mirror is more of an anomaly I think, especially since it was on BBC for the first 2 seasons. In any case I didn't think this needed a second season. 

Phuccery, Inc.
1 minute ago, Javan said:

This soothes me a bit. If anything I hope they take this route. 

Buffy

TBH, they should've flash forward to the future and showed who ended up getting put away to jail etc. a second season is so pointless. If they're just gonna wrap up the series by putting out a few more episodes, they should've just finished it all in 1 season.

cloudinthesky
1 minute ago, Javan said:

It wasn't anticlimactic. You were only promised a listen of all the tapes and that's what you got. Don't be entitled :cm:

But how was it not anticlimactic? They literally didn't resolve anything. The least they could have done was give Hannah's parents' story some type of closure. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show for what it was, but I expect my shows to have stories that actually lead somewhere :cm:

heartbeats

whatever y'all i want another ****ing season and im gonna get it stay mad

PurpleQueen

This show annoys me. It comes across as revenge suicide and it is a negative influence on its audience. 

Also it is quite pathetic to me how these white girls who adore the show hate Jessica so much because "she was mean to hannah and justin" but sympathize with the cute white boy asshole Justin. 

cloudinthesky
4 minutes ago, Buffy said:

TBH, they should've flash forward to the future and showed who ended up getting put away to jail etc. a second season is so pointless. If they're just gonna wrap up the series by putting out a few more episodes, they should've just finished it all in 1 season.

Exactly this. Like I just don't see where else this show can go, other than

1) making season 2 extremely short just to tie up everyone's stories

2) starting an entirely new story following one of the other kids, most likely Alex, considering the way they left him in the finale

But I can't see people being here for another season following the same formula even if it centers around a different character. Like, the novelty of the suicidal person leaving their "reasons why" wears off really quick imo. It's just not the type of show that demands multiple seasons. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong. Hopefully they can find a good way to make season 2 just as gripping as season 1 but I'm very skeptical.