9 minutes ago, period sis said:

Who’s next??

CB2 is next.

Ugh :jonny5: and she really said **** it! Truly legendary 

Isn't this like the 3rd thread?

But yes legend lauryn. 

1 hour ago, period sis said:

first female rap album to accomplish this. Who’s next?? :intoit:

it's not even your misspelling in the title...this is actually not a rap album.

It is a r&b album by a female rapper.

There are only 3 songs containing rap on the album. The remainder is R&B and soul. Lauryn won her grammy's and other awards for R&B soul.

Technically Salt n pepa's very necessary which is 5x platinum is the top selling female rap album.

Now Cardi B's Invasion of Privacy is actually eligible for 5x platinum currently...make of that what you will.

I feel like it's been sold over 10 million in the US over a decade ago but they were slow to certify it diamond. There's probably quite a few albums by black artists from that period that should've been certified diamond by now. Hell, I feel like Fugees The Score has sold over 10 million in the US.

I thought it surpassed 10 million in pure years ago tbh, but slay queen! She joins Mariah and Whitney as the only female artist of color with diamond albums now. 

18 hours ago, Katamari said:

Is the score diamond?

7x Platinum.

Edited by jdmc219

3 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

I thought it surpassed 10 million in pure years ago tbh, but slay queen! She joins Mariah and Whitney as the only female artist of color with diamond albums now. 

Norah Jones, whose father is from India, has a Diamond certification for her 2002 album Come Away With Me. 

8 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

Norah Jones, whose father is from India, has a Diamond certification for her 2002 album Come Away With Me. 

I know of her and father but i wasnt familar with that fact, thank! I guess that makes four 

1 hour ago, jdmc219 said:

7x Platinum.

Well let’s get it to diamond then !

6 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

You think destinys child writing on the wall will hit diamond?

On 2/17/2021 at 8:17 PM, Enoch said:

You think destinys child writing on the wall will hit diamond?

I'm not sure what it's recurrent streams are, even with a cross generational classic like Say My Name. 

1 hour ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

I'm not sure what it's recurrent streams are, even with a cross generational classic like Say My Name. 

Dont forget BBB and Jumpin Jumpin:chick1:

19 minutes ago, Enoch said:

Dont forget BBB and Jumpin Jumpin:chick1:

They get good playlisting I think so that should help. How close are they, 9x Platinum? 8?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.