• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beyonnaise

• J Legend X

• The Slayer

• Joemo

Truth Teller

To me, she has the highest chance to make it solo. She's very well liked in the UK after her documentary, she has the "first person leaving the group" hype and she has a distinctive voice.

But this is not cool. She left the group in the middle of an active era because of the stress on her mental health and now, just a couple of months later, she's already back in the studio and promoting it on social media? It's not a good look at all.

XtinaStripped

So she left because of the pressures of fame/being in a girl group being judged for her appearance so... got rid of the support of being in a girl group with 3 others and went solo to deal with the pressures of fame all on her own... perfect sense there.

1 minute ago, CrisPop said:

Did you all even read her letter? :skull:

Of course they didn’t :rip:

Do you really expect anything different from ATRL though? This place has form when it comes to anything Little Mix related, it’s not worth trying to reason with them :toofunny3:

FabriEmma
14 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

But I thought she wanted to step away from stage and music industry?

Hope she flops:heart:

Same, sis. This is so contradictory lol

Beyonnaise

Their stans already melting down from actually believing the “we’ll never go solo<3” PR interview answers for a decade :ahh: 

They watched the 5H drama with glee and thought it would never happen to them, the clown came back to bite

Edited by Beyonnaise
40 minutes ago, Sept said:

Literally the Zayn of the group

without the #1 album and #1 hit

She will skip the Mind of Mine era and jump to the Nobody is listening era :dies: 

Sad Serenade

She can do whatever she likes, music included. But her departure is illogical now. She will have the pressure even as a solo artist. To be honest even more. She will be under the spotlight alone.

Ampersand13
14 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

I’m already anticipating a vast number of certain individuals to come running in here, since Little Mix have a habit of getting this forum perpetually bothered for absolutely no reason.

I have no interest in engaging in pettiness and I also have no time to start quoting individual members and getting in to arguments, so I’ll say this once and I’ll say it loudly for everyone:

Jesy never, ever said that she left Little Mix because she wanted to move away from being a performer or a singer. Singing and performing is her dream job and it’s what she loves to do. Just because she no longer wants to do that as part of Little Mix doesn’t mean that she has no right to explore music on her own.

She left because the pressures of being in a girl band (where you have to compromise a lot) have taken a toll on her mental health. This does not only mean the scrutiny of her appearance, but also the pressures of constant promo, intense work schedules and huge arena tours etc. Things Jesy has done continually for 9 years straight, without ever taking a real break.

If she wants to pursue a solo career, it means she can do it own her own terms and at her own pace. It does not mean that she’s planning on Little Mix levels of promotion and public appearances. She can easily go down the Zayn route and focus more on music and less on promotion and public appearances.

She has gone on record many times and made an entire documentary about her struggles with mental health, so if anyone is going to try and discredit or invalidate her personal experiences you can just stop typing and leave the thread now :coffee2:

Say it louder for the people in the back

J Legend X
25 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Probably the smart move for her to ride off the hype of being the first to go solo like Zayn. But wasn’t the whole point of her leaving the group that she hated being scrutinized for her appearance? That will only get worse as a soloist :skull: 

Jade is the only one I can see becoming a main UK pop girl

Ampersand13

The timing rubs me the wrong way a little but it’s her prerogative to continue pursuing music :michael:

sickening
27 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

But I thought she wanted to step away from stage and music industry?

Hope she flops:heart:

the odd aggression in this post :rip:

Heartbreak Prince

Leaving a girlband because of the pressure taking a toll on your mental health then 2 months later working on solo material where the spotlight will no longer be shared & scrutiny will be higher? 

OK sis. 

She’ll flop though, Cheryl she is not.

22 minutes ago, FabriEmma said:

Same, sis. This is so contradictory lol

Yeah, that's why I won't be supporting her solo career. 

Xpress2019

Oh boy....I thought this was coming lol. 

I can't help but be annoyed at her and I'm sure the girls are too. If she did leave to do solo music, she honestly couldn't wait until AFTER she finished promoting Confetti with the girls. The tour isn't happening next year so I can imagine that not making her stick around but this smells foul to me. 

I do remember her referring to "pressures of being in a girl group" being the factor thats affected her mental health so I assumed she would return to music at some point but this isn't sitting well with me I don't know why. You leave instagram (understandable), but then you skip ALL major promo appearances you were designated to do and now you're posting selfies with a new hair do and you in the studio? Make it make sense. 

99sandthe2000s

giphy.gif

.... wishing all parties involved the best

*silently judging*

Xpress2019

She is gonna be ripped apart for this and I won't be defending her. No ma'am. I'm done with Miss Jessica Louise Nelson. 

she's not the typical girly-girl, no idea how she would brand herself in the mainstream on top of what kind of music she would even do. she could become the DJ-hook girl-type of artist

37 minutes ago, DiamondHoe said:

Yeh she's gonna tank solo

kinda shady of her to claim she left the group for personal reasons only to go and try it solo weeks later :dies:

this. a bit of a mess!

UnusualBoy

They're gonna roast her for this. Her excuse for leaving LM doesn't make any sense if she goes solo this fast but do you do Jesy.