“We’re Good” bumped to #1 on TTH despite weak opening, why?

gngzack

Despite the song having already dipped to as low as 1.8M daily streams, it has been seen worthy as the #1 current “hit” by Spotify. Why?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seanbworth

• infrared

• Psycho

• unclefloprry

duybeeGAshantiGA

Why are we acting like we're surprised tho? It always happened with her. This is just the beginning of the shoving down the GP's throats process.

seanbworth

Well, i mean Today’s Top Hits is a Spotify curated playlist that all labels sit in a room or email/call the heads of Spotify to put certain songs up there, the same happened with “Black Parade” by Beyoncé and a lot of other songs that had astronomically weak numbers. “We’re Good” opened with 3.04m, that’s not that weak especially judging by the climate we’re in.

seanbworth
2 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Why are we acting like we're surprised tho? It always happened with her. This is just the beginning of the shoving down the GP's throats process.

I’m confused to how this is “shoving down the GP’s throats” I don’t even play that playlist whatsoever 💀 and If I don’t play it, it’s not hard for you or anyone else to do the same; you can skip the song or even block her on the app, ain’t nothing being forced down your throat — it’s just a you problem.

Starchild

I was right about it yesterday I just didnt think they would put it at #1 just a day after :bibliahh:watch it stay at #1 for weeks while its floating around the 50s range on the h100 then miraculously get pushed by radio to become an "organic hit"

seanbworth
2 minutes ago, Starchild said:

I was right about it yesterday I just didnt think they would put it at #1 just a day after :bibliahh:watch it stay at #1 for weeks while its floating around the 50s range on the h100 then miraculously get pushed by radio to become an "organic hit"

well, most of her songs are streaming hits. Most of her ODS have been coming from Amazon Music (they love her over there). The radio helps, but without those sizable streaming numbers and sales, ‘Levitating’ or ‘Don’t Start Now’ wouldn’t have peaked where they did.

JawBreaker

This is disgusting 

"We curate playlist based on publics interests" my ass :zzz:

Now queue all the local country playlists in the coming weeks which is what will make this appear to be a hit and have longevity. :juanny:

5 minutes ago, seanbworth said:

Well, i mean Today’s Top Hits is a Spotify curated playlist that all labels sit in a room or email/call the heads of Spotify to put certain songs up there, the same happened with “Black Parade” by Beyoncé and a lot of other songs that had astronomically weak numbers. “We’re Good” opened with 3.04m, that’s not that weak especially judging by the climate we’re in.

What climate are we in? She has 62m monthly listeners :rip: building off her highly successful and highly promoted era. 

at this point, she’s not a new girl, she’s expected to have good debut numbers 

Delirious

I mean Tate McRae's song "you broke me first" reached #1 on TTH despite during that time, it barely cracked the Hot 100 at like #99 or whatever...

Spotify doesn't wanna admit it but it's pure Payola, but it's not illegal since it more likely Spotify had a deal with record labels...

seanbworth
3 minutes ago, infrared said:

What climate are we in? She has 62m monthly listeners :rip: building off her highly successful and highly promoted era. 

at this point, she’s not a new girl, she’s expected to have good debut numbers 

and she did, 3.04m is really good for her, it did around as much as the “34+35” remix when it debuted, she’s not like a Taylor Swift-level artist with a massive fanbase, she’s not gonna be doing a 7M debut. Climate has all to do with it, the entire global Spotify chart is extremely weak rn due to the ongoing pandemic.

unclefloprry
2 minutes ago, Psycho said:

#26 on the charts but #1 on Today's TOP Hits... :huh:

some artists hits the Top 10 on Today US Hits but never enters at Global Top 50 40 30 :michael:

6 minutes ago, seanbworth said:

and she did, 3.04m is really good for her, it did around as much as the “34+35” remix when it debuted, she’s not like a Taylor Swift-level artist with a massive fanbase, she’s not gonna be doing a 7M debut. Climate has all to do with it, the entire global Spotify chart is extremely weak rn due to the ongoing pandemic.

Remix is different from a new song. Most remixes are seen as cash grabs and unnecessary by the GP. 

not the climate excuse, we’ve been in the pandemic for a year and seen songs from all sorts of artists with big debuts. Pretty sure she hasn’t left the top 5 monthly listeners since FN debut - it’s pretty hard to maintain 50/60 m listeners year round. People know she has new music out, it’s just not hitting on first listen. There’s always the possibility it will grow but that’s going to take her usual heavy payola.

Mrguilbeaux
33 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Flashback to me getting forced to watch five seconds of just dance before the videos i ACTUALLY wanted to watch. 

literally Gaga was the first artist to be promoted in the way she was, forced down our throats. And we ended up liking her. Bitch and moan about label darlings/pet projects all you want but our fave was one of them once upon a time darling

starataneori

Songs like Drivers License should stayed #1 on TTH not this forced garbage mess. This is what happens when you have spotify payola at the back of your hand