Galantis, David Guetta & Little Mix - "Heartbreak Anthem"

shark_heather

8 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

You’re all probably right but I just don’t understand how and why it was sent out to radios if it’s not getting released any time

soon nnnnn :rip:

Looks like they’re keeping the tradition of messy releases alive for the next era :party:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shark_heather

• tbhmatt

• KKKIMO92

• The Slayer

So... David Guetta is credited on the new Joel Corry/RAYE song out next week :rip:

So what the **** happened to this? Do you think they decided to scrap it last minute? 

There’s surely zero chance now that it’s coming any time soon since I highly doubt David Guetta is going to release two songs on the same day.. :toofunny2:

Why was this even sent to radios? What an absolute mess :dies:

15 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

So... David Guetta is credited on the new Joel Corry/RAYE song out next week :rip:

So what the **** happened to this? Do you think they decided to scrap it last minute? 

There’s surely zero chance now that it’s coming any time soon since I highly doubt David Guetta is going to release two songs on the same day.. :toofunny2:

:rip:

Not me joking about the possibility of it getting scrapped potentially coming true :dies:

• #FreeBritney Activist
40 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

I genuinely think this just leaked SO early!

I think this was supposed to be the next David single after his current song with Joel/Raye!

33 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

I think this was supposed to be the next David single after his current song with Joel/Raye!

This is what I'm thinking 

53 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

It wouldn’t surprise me nnn but how messy for it to leak like that if it’s not getting released any time soon :toofunny2:

10 minutes ago, DavidSMateus said:

The chorus is incredible but the song structure :biblio: wtf is that Guetta???

I think it would benefit from having a middle 8

• #FreeBritney Activist
6 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

So yeah.. this has definitely been scrapped or delayed last minute, right? 

all i've got to say is...

HUH!?

Just now, The Slayer said:

all i've got to say is...

HUH!?

Well apparently according to Buzzjack, the reason why Rita isn’t pushing ‘Big’ is supposedly because David was supposed to be pushing this and he/his team didn’t want two songs being pushed at the same time..

Fast-forward to today and this hasn’t been released or even announced, and instead he’s announced a new track with Joel Corry and Raye out next week.

So.. potentially there has been a massive miscommunication between David, Galantis and Little Mix’s team..? Maybe this was scrapped in favour of the Joel/Raye song? 

I would say maybe there was a possibility it was never supposed to be out today, but everything we have basically confirms it should have been, so..

I don’t want to tag or message them, in case they either don’t know anything or don’t care enough to share, but there’s a user on here who seems to be a reliable insider with knowledge of this song/David’s plans.. :emofish:

Hopefully they’ll be able to clarify what’s happening here because I don’t think we’ll hear anything from Little Mix/David/Galantis any time soon.

I wouldn't mind if they scrapped this altogether. There are cute aspects of the song but from the moment Jade sang "hello it's me, your ex" I was bored. It's just we've gotten so many different variations of addressing-boyfriend / breakup-accepting / moving-on-from-breakup songs from them over the years. "Break Up Song" was incredibly lush & the sound was current to today's hit + "Sweet Melody" had a creative lyrical approach, but this doesn't bring anything new to the table except it being over Electronic-club music. Even the vocal distribution is the same as "No Time for Tears" & they felt a bit separated (one member doing backgrounds during another member's verse adds nice touches to their songs, but that was missing here as well except for the post-chorus).

It's a cute leak to go back to & play from time-to-time, but for their first song out as a trio a standalone single a la "Bounce Back" with no feature would punch. At least this leak being covered by outlets in the press will give them some hype which is nice. & with the other teasing they've been doing, hopefully the real thing isn't too far away.

Mess :dies:

I just hope it gets tacked onto his album because I want it to be released properly. I’m okay with it not being a single or getting a push though :michael:

But why does it matter if David Guetta has other songs out with Joel Corry/Rita etc.? Those songs aren't HIS singles, he's just credited on them. It's not like radio won't play all 3 at the same time. If he was a vocalist then perhaps they wouldn't but UK radio would happily push all 3.

30 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

Just back again to say how much I love this song :jonny6:

We appreciate it. Still absolutely adore this track as well. It BEST see the light of day 

52 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

But why does it matter if David Guetta has other songs out with Joel Corry/Rita etc.? Those songs aren't HIS singles, he's just credited on them. It's not like radio won't play all 3 at the same time. If he was a vocalist then perhaps they wouldn't but UK radio would happily push all 3.

There’s lots of potential reasons, I suppose. I can’t remember the last time radio got behind 3 different singles with the same

artist attached at the same time. It’s very possible that David’s team is conscious of overexposure, or that possibly they just don’t have the time/resources/budget to commit to promoting 3 different songs all at the same time.

It might be that they just want to focus on the song they think has the biggest potential. 

Then again, the delay in releasing this may have absolutely nothing to do with David or his team at all. We may never know at this rate.

10 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

There’s lots of potential reasons, I suppose. I can’t remember the last time radio got behind 3 different singles with the same

artist attached at the same time. It’s very possible that David’s team is conscious of overexposure, or that possibly they just don’t have the time/resources/budget to commit to promoting 3 different songs all at the same time.

It might be that they just want to focus on the song they think has the biggest potential. 

Then again, the delay in releasing this may have absolutely nothing to do with David or his team at all. We may never know at this rate.

But surely Guetta's team wouldn't need to devote any time or resources to promoting the Joel/Rita tracks because they have their own teams to do that

Plus, artists having multiple songs at radio at the same time happens more than you think. Ed Sheeran, Bieber, Ariana have all pulled it off recently. I'm not saying Guetta is necessarily as popular as all of those right now but he's a radio staple. He's by far had more radio hits than all of those over the years.

We don't know the reason this song isn't coming out yet but I actually doubt it's because he has credits on other tracks right now. I mean, the Rita track got pulled from radio because Bang Bang was taking off instead, not because Bed is being released as somebody else in this thread suggested

I'm frustrated cause I've had this song stuck in my head all week, I need it on my iTunes NOW!

Just now, Dizzy said:

But surely Guetta's team wouldn't need to devote any time or resources to promoting the Joel/Rita tracks because they have their own teams to do that

Plus, artists having multiple songs at radio at the same time happens more than you think. Ed Sheeran, Bieber, Ariana have all pulled it off recently. I'm not saying Guetta is necessarily as popular as all of those right now but he's a radio staple. He's by far had more radio hits than all of those over the years.

We don't know the reason this song isn't coming out yet but I actually doubt it's because he has credits on other tracks right now. I mean, the Rita track got pulled from radio because Bang Bang was taking off instead, not because Bed is being released as somebody else in this thread suggested

I'm frustrated cause I've had this song stuck in my head all week, I need it on my iTunes NOW!

Well, I think we need to remember that release dates are usually set strategically to ensure songs can reach their fullest potential.

I have no idea how the industry works, but I assume that David’s label stands to profit more off a single where he’s the lead artist. From what we understand, that’s the case with Heartbreak Anthem. Potentially their label don’t want this song to be overshadowed by a different David Geutta song under a different label?

Maybe they’d rather wait until this has a better chance, with less competition. Plus, I imagine release dates have to be mutually agreed by all parties, and Little Mix being under a different label probably complicates things. They’ll have their own release schedules they’ll want to be mindful of. 

Maybe it’s been scrapped or pushed back last minute because RCA don’t want it out yet? Who knows.

I'm sorry but this mess is so funny to me :dies:

We're ready for the real LM3 debut single now guys!

5 minutes ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

I'm sorry but this mess is so funny to me :dies:

We're ready for the real LM3 debut single now guys!

BAP featuring Ty Dolla $ign coming soon 

Eumhj1nXYAAVXo4?format=jpg&name=large

:eli:

22 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

BAP featuring Ty Dolla $ign coming soon 

Eumhj1nXYAAVXo4?format=jpg&name=large

:eli:

Serving stan twitter levels of delusion right now :toofunny2: