Galantis, David Guetta & Little Mix - "Heartbreak Anthem"

shark_heather

25 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Screaming :rip:

If this is going to be another Fergie situation with an ATRLer who leaked something :skull:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shark_heather

• tbhmatt

• KKKIMO92

• The Slayer

I don't like this at all :rip:

They need to move away from this sound, not regress into early 2010s music.

Also the lyrics...

"This ain't a heartbreak anthem"

"This ain't another pop song"

"So tonight I'll sing another, another break up song"

8042e625f0cc53ee008a1692b0f110331f1e14af

19 minutes ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

Also the lyrics...

Nnnnn sis it’s just a David Guetta feature :rip:

Their lead single won’t sound anything like this (I pray)

36 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

The cackle I just let out :dies:

It’s the subtle drag in the “it has a 2011 vibe” that makes me cackle nnnn :rip:

3 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Nnnnn sis it’s just a David Guetta feature :rip:

Their lead single won’t sound anything like this (I pray)

Lemme join you in those prayers :toofunny2:

7 minutes ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

Lemme join you in those prayers :toofunny2:

I’m still 50/50 on whether this is a smart move but if it takes off across Europe it puts them in an even better position to launch their next project with a Sweet Melody-style lead single soon after.

It would be nice for them to focus more on international markets, just for their fans if nothing else, so getting in to European radio’s good books with a cute lil David Guetta feature may work out for them. 

I just hope they’re still working on Trio Mix music and they’re not planning on relegating themselves to permanent EDM/DJ feature girls :skull:

I LOVE this :jonny5:

They sound absolutely amazing. I love it. Great fun feature! Happy for them. 

2 hours ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

Also the lyrics...

You read my mind...

I'll still support tho!

Yeah... love the girls to death but this doesn't intrigue me at all. I wish the first song we got from them as a trio was just them (even if it was a standalone single a la "Bounce Back") & the fact that it's called "Heartbreak Anthem" is quite stale.

The way this has started getting played on radio in Europe without it even being announced is giving me 2009 teas, I'm loving it. Can't wait to hear it! Interesting trio of artists.

This is giving me strong early 2010’s vibes and it’s quite basic but it’s still v catchy and I rlly like it.

I wish the final “but I ain’t got no tiiiime to dwell on it” at the end of the song was immersed throughout the song/drop. That line is so catchy and it was underused smh 

7 hours ago, tbhmatt said:

@shark_heather’s impact!

Haha what an honor.  But i only gave the exclusive news on ATRL 

As i said before i think this is a brilliant move , that either will work or not 

The girls are suffering from a WW push and its not because of their songs ( SM could have smashed in Europe and Oceania ) but is because they are mishandled WW by their label ( the song wasn't even sent to radios outside UK , which is a basic move from a label ) 

Even if they release a massive song as their debut , it will do well only in UK like SM did .

But if HA does well in Europe and Oceanía maybe it will open the way for their lead 

The song is true that is 2010ish and nothing special,  but we dont need a masterpiece.  All we need is a radio friendly sound , so their names and voices will be heard outside of UK 

4 hours ago, Jukebox said:

The way this has started getting played on radio in Europe without it even being announced is giving me 2009 teas, I'm loving it.

Totally agree . I remember Britneys 3rd album was sent exclusively to a local radio 2 weeks before the release and i recorded "Cinderella" and "Bombastic Love" on a cassette. 

Ofc now we dont have cassettes , we have youtube.  I wish though there would be smth like a voice over the song saying smth like "exclusively on radio 1" 😂🤣

Ive listened to it and its better than No time for tears imo. Definitely a summer song that you'll hear in clubs & do well in the UK. 

Edited by Dysmorphia
Spelling Mistake

Just now, The Slayer said:

you're seeing the light :WAP:

A basic bop but a bop nonetheless, I fear :clap3:

I haven’t heard it in HQ but I think this is my favourite Perrie studio vocals in a long time. She sounds brilliant on this, imo.

1 minute ago, tbhmatt said:

A basic bop but a bop nonetheless, I fear :clap3:

I haven’t heard it in HQ but I think this is my favourite Perrie studio vocals in a long time. She sounds brilliant on this, imo.

I absolutely loveeee Perrie's voice in this!

I really hope they promote this song!

I will be pretty sad if this becomes a big hit in Europe, while Sweet Melody never was. This is probably their worst single even considering this is a feature, after Cannonball for me