Top Posters In This Topic

• Buffy

• Near

• By the Water

• TayDine1989

Reputation6754
1 hour ago, Michael196 said:

yes it's her 8th best album:fan:

8th?? Nah. I would say it’s her 5 or 6th best album. Definitely above Lover, Fearless and Evermore (sorry). Invisible, Mary’s Song and Cold As You are one of her best songs. 

13 hours ago, Reputation6754 said:

8th?? Nah. I would say it’s her 5 or 6th best album. Definitely above Lover, Fearless and Evermore (sorry). Invisible, Mary’s Song and Cold As You are one of her best songs. 

I forgot how good Mary's Song is, debut is better than Fearless imo

ahauntingnearu
13 hours ago, Reputation6754 said:

Omg, another ST Stan. We must stick together and protect this precious album at all costs 

:celestial3:

Reputation6754
2 hours ago, Burqa said:

The Debut is so underrated. It has one of her best album tracks. I prefer it over Fearless. 

1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Omg, another ST Stan. We must stick together and protect this precious album at all costs 

We sure do! I don’t get the hate for it. Is it because of her voice? It’s a really solid album. Better than Lover and Fearless 

2 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

3 hours ago, Burqa said:

48 minutes ago, Reputation6754 said:

The Debut is so underrated. It has one of her best album tracks. I prefer it over Fearless. 

We sure do! I don’t get the hate for it. Is it because of her voice? It’s a really solid album. Better than Lover and Fearless 

Finally more people who have woken up :jonny2:

JawBreaker

Imagine thinking debut is better than any other taylor album :deadbanana4:And evermore of all albums at that?

Is it crack?:mazen: Like I understand preferring it over other albums but come on...

7 minutes ago, Juanny said:

How are they getting it. Don't wanna follow. lol

Industry friends and the people in the music industry are aware they’re sharing info but none of the things they’re posting actually violate any non-disclosure agreements, and the higher ups are OK with them doing this because of the free publicity. It’ll only be a problem if they share more than they’re supposed to. 

Also, there’s no third Folklore album. Taylor has been writing songs for TS10 but none of them have gone to any producers yet.

Edited by Buffy
Magickarp

Debut is better than PrEP, Filler, & half of Everbore :allears:

Teardrops is better than ATW :allears:

PTB is a song she has never topped, and probably lacks the talent to ever top :allears:

Noooo I need a folklore album :sosad: it just FEELS like a trilogy. Just two makes evermore feel like B-sides almost 

6 hours ago, By the Water said:

Mixtape is her worst album and that's ok. No need to lie

I wouldn’t say Lover is a mixtape :huh:

Reputation6754
18 hours ago, By the Water said:

Mixtape is her worst album and that's ok. No need to lie

It’s no where near her worst, lover and fearless are much worse. Cold as you, Mary’s song and invisible are better than anything from those 2 albums. 

50 minutes ago, Reputation6754 said:

It’s no where near her worst, lover and fearless are much worse. Cold as you, Mary’s song and invisible are better than anything from those 2 albums. 

Tied Together With A Smile is also better than half of Fearless and Lover. 

Reputation6754
7 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Tied Together With A Smile is also better than half of Fearless and Lover. 

Exactly. Lover and Fearless are super overrated. Lover and fearless have 3 good songs. All the other songs are stale. 

9 minutes ago, Reputation6754 said:

Exactly. Lover and Fearless are super overrated. Lover and fearless have 3 good songs. All the other songs are stale. 

I was pretty disappointed when Fearless first came out. The whole album sounded very watered down and commercialized with its pop/country crossover appeal. Her songwriting on her self titled is stronger than Fearless. But then she redeemed herself with Speak Now. Red is super clunky to me — it was the era she was chasing 2 rabbits (pop vs country). Her music suffered as a result. 1989 was pop perfection. Lover is ME!h. Folklore returns to her strong songwriting roots, reminiscent of her self-titled days when she truly focused on the lyrical aspect.

This is why I appreciate self titled so much because of how raw the lyrics are. She didn’t have to think too much or please the haters. She was an open book.

Edited by Buffy
Reputation6754
1 hour ago, Buffy said:

I was pretty disappointed when Fearless first came out. The whole album sounded very watered down and commercialized with its pop/country crossover appeal. Her songwriting on her self titled is stronger than Fearless. But then she redeemed herself with Speak Now. Red is super clunky to me — it was the era she was chasing 2 rabbits (pop vs country). Her music suffered as a result. 1989 was pop perfection. Lover is ME!h. Folklore returns to her strong songwriting roots, reminiscent of her self-titled days when she truly focused on the lyrical aspect.

This is why I appreciate self titled so much because of how raw the lyrics are. She didn’t have to think too much or please the haters. She was an open book.

She tried to cater to both pop and country for red/fearless. The songs aren’t as strong, especially those horrible pop remixes. Red has some solid album tracks, but stay stay stay and starlight are sort of embarrassing. I like the fact that she always aims for a better follow up. Fearless followed up with Speak now, which is 1000x better. Red followed up with 1989 which is way more cohesive and straight to the point. 

Holiest Dreams

Debut is only better than reputation as of now but after rerecordings it might surpass Fearless and Lover for me too

Debut is only at the bottom of her discography because Taylor has grown consistently in her career with each release. It doesn’t mean Debut is bad, it is a very good album, and it will get even better with updated vocals. Her subsequent albums are just more polished/cohesive/stronger lyrically and sonically/have better vocals. All of these things come with experience.