Tinashe - "I'm Every Woman"

GustavoBardusco

GustavoBardusco

The “Music For The Movement/Black History Always” EP is set for release February 26.  The EP is the second volume of the ongoing project between The Undefeated, ESPN’s content initiative exploring the intersection of sports, race and culture, and Hollywood Records. The EP aligns with ESPN’s “Black History Always” initiative which was announced yesterday.

Thematically, Volume II balances the realities of Black America’s continued struggles, while also celebrating Black beauty and offering messages of hope. The “Black History Always” EP is the follow up to “I Can’t Breathe/Music For the Movement,” which was released last fall and drew national attention from Associated Press and ABC’s Good Morning America.

Singer/songwriter Tinashe offers a contemporary recording of “I’m Every Woman.”  Originally released in 1978, “I’m Every Woman” was Chaka Khan’s iconic debut solo single.  The song embodies female strength and empowerment, and the connectedness of all women. At a time when Black women deserve their flowers the most, this record stands tall.  Tinashe is from Lexington, Kentucky, and has collaborated with many artists, from Ty Dolla Sign to Britney Spears, making her a much sought-after R&B artist.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2021/01/music-for-the-movement-black-history-always-by-the-undefeated-set-for-release-february-26/

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nuclear

• dantemarquis

• redsing707

• Indie Go Mind

Indie Go Mind

Shaking!!! One of my absolute favorite classics being reimagined by my fave artist!!! Just LOVE it all!!! :jonny5:

Indie Go Mind

I wonder how she's gonna reimagine these iconic renditions of the song. I'm sure she's gonna make it into her own with her own signature Tinashe sound. :heart:

redsing707
4 hours ago, Indie Go Mind said:

I wonder how she's gonna reimagine these iconic renditions of the song. I'm sure she's gonna make it into her own with her own signature Tinashe sound. :heart:

Yes! <3

If she was able to do it with Xmas songs, she'll do it again

• 2 weeks later...
GreatestLoveofAll
On 2/5/2021 at 3:53 PM, Buffy said:

Miss Taylor, her impact.

:rip: is this real cause

OT: this might be iconic! This is a third release to such an iconic song and I hope Tinashe keeps the same sound with just modern production. 

GustavoBardusco
2 hours ago, nuclear said:

When is this coming out?

Feb 26 as it's stated on the OP.

20 minutes ago, GustavoBardusco said:

Feb 26 as it's stated on the OP.

I didn’t mean to quote you. 

wait this actually coming with the EP I thought it would be out before that

GustavoBardusco

ESPN will televise The Undefeated Presents: A Room of Our Own, a one-hour special that explores the connection that Black athletes have with music and the impact of that association in powering social movements. The program will debut Sunday, Feb. 28, at 12 p.m. ET on ESPN, with an encore presentation Sunday, March 7 at 4 p.m. on ABC.

Musicians Freddie Gibbs, Jensen McRae, and Tinashe, all of whom are featured on The Undefeated’s “Music for the Movement” Volumes I and II, will host the special. Gibbs and Tinashe are among the headliners on Vol. II, to be released Friday, Feb. 26. McRae was featured in Vol. I of The Undefeated music series, which was released in October 2020.

She looks good on the trailer :jonny: