• X~MoviePoP

• ReverseWarholian

• rihannabiggestfan

• its_britney_bitch

A Stan Is Born
10 hours ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Good luck with booking that death you speak of

Kingpin

thank you! i wouldn't make it on purpose, though. but i just know if something like this happened to me, the media and the gp would suspect my sister because she's always been kinda mean to me and she would appear cold and unattached on interviews about my case and that would raise red flags even if she was innocent.

i know it sounds stupid but i love mysteries like these. i'm always reading about unsolved mysteries. they captivate us.

love her or hate her, there's a reason why so many years later we're still talking about elisa lam.

X~MoviePoP

Bruh reminds me of when i went to LA  alone 4 years ago..that place is scary af. Especially at night time.

After watching this I hope people stop with their theories and just let her rest in peace.

another victim of this tragedy was that metal singer :rip: his career and life literally ended because of those idiots.

Julianna Calm Down

Things I learned from watching this:

1. Downtown LA is a sad and scary pit.

2. The government trying to contain a city's poor, lost and hurting souls in one district or neighborhood is beyond brutal. It's truly Trump-esque. 

3. The manager was weird and creepy. It probably takes a specific kind of person to work in a hotel and an area that scary, unpredictable and dark. I just think how many times she have had to look the other way when things were happening in that hotel over the years... 

4. The connection to the movie Dark Waters and the TBC test being called the Lam-Elisa is still something that is hard to look away from or rationally explain. Methinks. 

5. However, the most rational and logical sequence of events is that the poor girl had a bipolar episode or psychotic break. 

6. Some internet troll people were way too invested in this case, to the point that they felt a close bond to the girls which is just creepy, inappropriate and insensitive to the ones who actually knew and loved her.

7. It's scary the amount of damage internet amateurs can do to people's lives and how much their actions can fuel ridiculous stories and theories that drift further and further away from truth and evidence. 

But good documentary that provided a scary, entertaining and thorough grip on the whole story. And above all, gave good closure to the tragedy and supposed mystery. 

What an eye opening docuseries! I knew very little about this hotel (other than it being the basis for American Horror Story: Hotel) and how truly horrifying Skid Row was until watching this. 

I do have to say that:

Spoiler

I totally thought Morbid murdered her based on his visual content and his music :mazen: But his story did check out. 

I thought she was murdered because we heard the lid was closed and we don't hear that it was open till the very end. 

Although why were the 50 seconds taken out of the video? There's still the possibility she could have been murdered. 

The murderers going in and out of that hotel as they pleased :mazen:

Also that hotel manager remains sketchy as hell.

its_britney_bitch

This irritates me, it feels like damage control from the hotel. Even the title focusing on the Cecil Hotel, the Elisa Lam case is well known, I didn't instantly recognise it from the advertising. Her being mentally ill doesn't automatically make it suicide, this case is just too weird. Why would they doctor the footage at all if they had nothing to hide? I haven't finished yet but if it was the hotel, why didn't that ring alarm bells with the police, and if it was the police... why would they tamper with evidence? The Lam-Elisa thing is weird as ****. I knew Netflix would disparage anything that points to it not being suicide as a "debunked conspiracy". And I don't like how they're painting my girl Stephanie Harlowe out to be a QAnon tin foil hat nut job, I hope they compensated these YouTubers well. True crime YouTubers are much more balanced in their presentation, this documentary skews heavily in favour of the hotel. Although that blonde manager woman just made me even more suspicious :rip:

I really don't buy that she was experimenting with drugs. I just can't see a 21 year old Tumblr-blogging Harry Potter fangirl going out and buying crack on Skid Row :rip: They're claiming that with no evidence.

I do feel sorry for that metal guy but his incredulity at being accused... whether it's art or not if you portray yourself as a murderer you shouldn't be surprised when you are accused of being one, considering the circumstances :rip: I feel like the shocked Pokemon meme would be appropriate here :rip: Why is he shocked about his snuff tape music videos being removed from YouTube? I needed to sign in to watch the Not Myself Tonight video earlier, I would HOPE a murder fantasy would be the same :rip:

its_britney_bitch
2 hours ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

2. The government trying to contain a city's poor, lost and hurting souls in one district or neighborhood is beyond brutal. It's truly Trump-esque. 

3. The manager was weird and creepy. It probably takes a specific kind of person to work in a hotel and an area that scary, unpredictable and dark. I just think how many times she have had to look the other way when things were happening in that hotel over the years... 

4. The connection to the movie Dark Waters and the TBC test being called the Lam-Elisa is still something that is hard to look away from or rationally explain. Methinks. 

5. However, the most rational and logical sequence of events is that the poor girl had a bipolar episode or psychotic break. 

6. Some internet troll people were way too invested in this case, to the point that they felt a close bond to the girls which is just creepy, inappropriate and insensitive to the ones who actually knew and loved her.

7. It's scary the amount of damage internet amateurs can do to people's lives and how much their actions can fuel ridiculous stories and theories that drift further and further away from truth and evidence. 

But good documentary that provided a scary, entertaining and thorough grip on the whole story. And above all, gave good closure to the tragedy and supposed mystery. 

But how did she get up to the roof without triggering an alarm and climb in by herself? Was the water tank open or not? Why didn't police search inside there sooner? I know they tried to explain the elevator thing, but why did it close as soon as she left the scene?

watching the first episode rn

her tumblr still being up :mazen: why did I search it, I feel so uneasy..

Adam’s Eve

Just finished EP 2. The blonde manager lady is starting to irritate me idek why. :skull:

I personally think she was given some kind of drugs on the street and was tripping out, hence the weird behaviour and maybe she stripped off and climbed into the tank thinking it was a bath or something and drowned? :michael:

She seemed like the type who was open to try new things and maybe even a bit naive and possibly accepted drugs from someone.

I have to admit though the thing with the other shoe and the camera footage potentially being tampered with was very odd. :duca:

Edited by Adam’s Eve
A Stan Is Born

just finished the whole thing. i am satisfied with the explanation they concluded. well, satisfied maybe is not the word because it's so sad.

what gets me the most about this is that she had a "i wanna go out and do things and live life" mentality and she had to die so young and tragically...

in comparison, my life in quarantine is the same I've been having almost my whole life as a chronically depressed person :rip:.

also, did anyone else get hunty vibes from the detective? he's so suave. a soft daddy.

Crime-Scene_-Cecil-Hotel-768x432.jpg

Edited by A Stan Is Born
Gossip_Boy
17 hours ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

!!!

This reminds me of another case, the disappearance of Maura Murray. There’s a logical explanation there as well but the case has become one of the most famous/talked about cases among true crime fans because of all the conspiracy theories people are coming up with. Like I’m all up for a good conspiracy theory but some people are doing way too much.

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi

Ooooooh I needed something to watch after Knight Stalker! Added!

Dula Peep
On 2/12/2021 at 7:16 AM, Julianna Calm Down said:

Im still not over this :mazen:

the new owners wanting to put a pool on the roof :mazen:

If Ryan Murphy would've just followed this story it would've been wayyy better than AHS: Hotel :ace:

Edited by Dula Peep
SchmoodRing
5 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Im still not over this :mazen:

the new owners wanting to put a pool on the roof :mazen:

If Ryan Murphy would've just followed this story it would've been wayyy better than AHS: Hotel :ace:

Followed it in what sense?

On 2/12/2021 at 7:16 AM, Julianna Calm Down said:

4. The connection to the movie Dark Water and the TBC test being called the Lam-Elisa is still something that is hard to look away from or rationally explain. Me thinks. 

It's been years since I've seen DARK WATER but from what I remember about this case the movie is a very strange parallel considering obvious circumstances like the water tank, the building being haunted and the main character obviously suffering from mental health issues.

This really didn't need to be as long as it was, I feel like they could have compiled this into a 90 minute special

5 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

I kept thinking this

I loved the first two episodes, couldn't even finish the third. It was literally 95% loser youtube conspiracy theorists with no life over analysing everything without the knowledge or training to do so. It still is such an interesting case, but next time they should focus more on the professionals opinions/stories.

Kevin2803
5 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

It's been years since I've seen DARK WATER but from what I remember about this case the movie is a very strange parallel considering obvious circumstances like the water tank, the building being haunted and the main character obviously suffering from mental health issues.

I just rewatched the US remake a few days ago and a lot of scenes are also taking place in the elevator. Another strange coincidence. But i think that's all it is. Weird, but a coincidence. There are things in TV that i find more strange, like The Simpsons predicting so many future events.

Ew @ them bathing and drinking the water :rip:

And yeah I heard about Skid Row but never really knew  what it was, it's so dystopic and no doubt 100x worse in real life. Really an eye opener to something that needs to be fixed

Just finished it, it was a big "meh..."

I don't usually believe conspiracy theories, even though I find them entertaining, but the Lam-Elisa test for TB part though & the Dark Water parallels... :mazen:
And whole 50 seconds missing from the video while no one can explain why that part is missing or who edited the video. That one guy said the media might have cut those 50 seconds... then why they didn't provide the original one? This whole case is so weird.

RIP Elisa :heart:

Fireman25

I saw this last night! She was obvously murdered by someone who stayed in that hotel or worked there. They said one minute footage of that elevator video is missing. So I think someone else was on that video and somebody tampered the video to remove that person