The Disappearance of Elisa Lam | Netflix Crime Documenter

20 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

They need to let this woman rest in peace. Can’t imagine how annoying it must be for her family to have to hear of this all of the time. 

Agreed. This is a huge and somewhat fascinating mystery, but let her and her family find peace.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• X~MoviePoP

• ReverseWarholian

• rihannabiggestfan

• its_britney_bitch

Witnessuss

Already at Episode 3 and there so many synchronicities with regard to her death but I really don't buy the government theory :rip:

watching this now — I know nothing about the case at all so this is going to be really interesting

Kevin2803

The story of the Cecil Hotel always fascinated me and the case of Elisa Lam was very disturbing and sad. I feel like i already knew most things about the case, but there were some interesting new facts in here and overall, it was well made. 

I just hated that they spend too much time with the "internet community". I had the same problem with "Don't **** with Cats", because they don't deserve that much attention. In both cases, they bullied and pressured an innocent person until this person tried to commit suicide and in Elisa Lam's case, they did it just because this guy was "different" and liked death metal and horror stuff. They jump to conclusions and make everything worse. These people don't care about the truth. They are just miserable and self-righteous and want to give their sad life meaning through the tragic death of a young woman. Disgusting.

Groteskou

But are they going to bring something new to this? On youtube there are so many great videos about this already people have made with no budgets, I feel like Netflix is just gonna capitalize off of the hype a decade too late and not offer anything new...

Gossip_Boy

I honestly feel the reason people are so fascinated with this case is because of all the misunderstanding and ignorance regarding mental illness. I’ve worked with mentally ill people in the past and immediately after seeing the video I was certain she was suffering from a manic/psychotic episode. People in the midst of an episode can do extremely irrational things. 

As for how she managed to climb into the water tanks, It would have been pretty easy to get on top of the tanks. They were right next to the elevator shaft building which had a ladder on the side. Very easily could have climbed that and dropped down onto the top of the water tanks. The tank door itself wasn't even a door. No hinges. Was light enough to be used more like a lid to a pot or pan. A lot of this was covered in the Lam's lawsuit.

There is a lot of misconceptions about this case that was definitely played up by the media for obvious reasons. It’s such a sad case but I wish they would just let the poor woman rest in peace because some of the batshit conspiracy theories are just... Elisa deserves so much better than having her tragic death being exploited like that.

Edited by Gossip_Boy
A Stan Is Born

I don't know about you but my fantasy is being found dead in mysterious circumstances and my death being talked about in news, youtube videos and documentaries! I'm not being sarcastic, I just love this kind of stuff and I would love to be at the center of a mystery like this.

The Witch
10 minutes ago, A Stan Is Born said:

I don't know about you but my fantasy is being found dead in mysterious circumstances and my death being talked about in news, youtube videos and documentaries! I'm not being sarcastic, I just love this kind of stuff and I would love to be at the center of a mystery like this.

chile... :rip:

17 minutes ago, A Stan Is Born said:

Bhabylon

I finished it earlier and the only question I have is how all of her clothes ended up off of her body

everything else adds up, and it's very sad and tragic what happened to her

Hay Amores

I hate that the key facts that determined whether she was killed or not just dismissed as human errors, just like that. 

2 hours ago, A Stan Is Born said:

A dream is a dream.

ot: this brings nothing to solve the case but all the insights, damn.

X~MoviePoP
3 hours ago, A Stan Is Born said:

Once in a while my brain randomly brings up the image of her with her fingers spread in that weird way and it creeps me tf out. The whole thing is just so mysterious and eerie I dont know if I even want to watch it 

duybeeGAshantiGA

Girl not you only having 6 posts since you started on ATRL and I have seen that you already made at least 2 super messy posts :lmao:

Kool_Aid_King

Good luck with booking that death you speak of

Kingpin

Likingstars

I remember seeing the elevator video back in the day and super creeped out by it and then I completely forgot about it until now :chick3: This is very sad tbh :chick3: I wish her family has found peace in their life.

Likingstars

But damn episode 3 really creeps the hell out of me :deadbanana2: I had to pause and look behind my back and turn on the damn light in my room :deadbanana2:

rooby.booby

Does this bring something new? There are so many youtube videos about this. Is it worth a watch?