• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stepfon

• Badboidami

• QueenofCopyPaste

• slw84

CrossingTheCosmo

If her announcement instagram video is any hint, the song will sample "Addictive" by Truth Hurts. 

She randomly started playing it at the end of the video. It was such a random song to start playing, so I feel like she was hinting at that or it was a direct sample. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, CrossingTheCosmo said:

If her announcement instagram video is any hint, the song will sample "Addictive" by Truth Hurts. 

She randomly started playing it at the end of the video. It was such a random song to start playing, so I feel like she was hinting at that or it was a direct sample. 

That would be FIRE!!! :WAP:

FLAallday
2 minutes ago, CrossingTheCosmo said:

If it samples this I will lose my MIND

That song is such an under appreciated BOP!!!!  A timeless classic. 

So excited for this!!!

Sidenote, do you think they will add Money and Press to the album? How would you feel about that? I kinda would like for these to have a home but they’re so old now :rip:

X~MoviePoP
12 minutes ago, CrossingTheCosmo said:

Is that indian sample i hear???

X~MoviePoP
12 minutes ago, CrossingTheCosmo said:

The lyrics of this song match the title " Up "

1 hour ago, Riri. said:

Watch this... nvm

Finish your statement BRO!

I want to bump this thread when you end up being WRONG again 

33 minutes ago, CrossingTheCosmo said:

Thissss is my biggest hope for this release 😭. Like WHY else would they have played that song in that video 😭

33 minutes ago, FLAallday said:

If it samples this I will lose my MIND

That song is such an under appreciated BOP!!!!  A timeless classic. 

Literally though. 
This song is amazing af

Excellent. Lock him UP - Cardi mp3  :twirl3:

tenor.gif

Hope she uses the Bollywood sample from her announcement video :duca:

Queen Riri.
19 minutes ago, Raver said:

Finish your statement BRO!

I want to bump this thread when you end up being WRONG again 

Payola is her type of thing sis, so I'm sure it will! BRO! 

Just now, Riri. said:

She literally disproved that with her last single :rofl: But of course your slow ass made sure to ignore that huh :celestial6:

Queen Riri.
1 minute ago, Raver said:

She literally disproved that with her last single  But of course your slow ass made sure to ignore that huh :celestial6:

You should format a proper sentence. I would like to see Cardi do that! :rofl:

• #FreeBritney Activist
Superbitch
4 minutes ago, Riri. said:

Sis stop projecting.. other girls get fake tidal streams for top 10 peaks. 

y’all didn’t learn from wap 

tenor.gif

Just now, Riri. said:

You should format a proper sentence. I would like to see Cardi do that! :rofl:

I know you didn’t just type this out. With your post history PLEASE :ahh:

professor2000
59 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Is that indian sample i hear???

Yes, and Dr Dre and Interscope were sued $500M for it back in the day.  So I hope she got it properly cleared if she did sample it...:skull: 

Phuccery, Inc.

Her eye for visuals is second to none. She has a perfect mv discography. 

• #FreeBritney Activist

the expectations are real high. excited!

X~MoviePoP
53 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Yes, and Dr Dre and Interscope were sued $500M for it back in the day.  So I hope she got it properly cleared if she did sample it...:skull: 

500??? Did they end up having to pay??

professor2000
18 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

500??? Did they end up having to pay??

No, they just took the record off the shelves.  That’s why you can barely find the song anywhere.

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.20366/title.truth-hurts-reveals-why-she-left-interscope-explains-penthouse-spread

Spoiler

DX: $500,000,000 seems so excessive. That’s a crazy amount of money. 

Truth Hurts: It was a crazy amount that they never got. They didn’t get not a penny. 

DX: Was there an injunction put on performing the song? 

Truth Hurts: Not on performing the song. There was an injunction put on the credits. They took it off the shelves. It was supposed to be properly credited then put back on the shelves. At the time, I thought that Interscope [Records] would completely give up on my career and shelve me also because once they had to pay their lawyers to go through the lawsuit, I said let me see if I can get away while I can and maybe sever ties. Me and Dre talked about it and he said, “If you really want to go and you think this will disrupt your relationship with Interscope, then you go ahead.” I was like, “You would let me go?” He released me [from Aftermath Entertainment] and said if I want to go, I can go. So I did. I found out later that they just took the record off the shelves. There was no money contributed. The record was never put back on the shelves because I left Interscope. From there, the record stayed off the shelves. People look for it now and want to buy it but you can’t buy it. You can’t purchase it anywhere unless it’s used.