HDD: #1 Logic 251k ; #2 Chris Stapleton 222k

QueenofCopyPaste

5 minutes ago, dussymob said:

It's different from his old material but I like it.

I'll give it a shot!

4 minutes ago, dussymob said:

So y'all wanna get into him now because of his album sales. :huh:

Who's surprised? :cm:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dussymob

• QueenofCopyPaste

• alexanderao

• fridayteenage

2 minutes ago, Hilly said:

Are you really surprised? :fan:

Anyway im just glad more people wants to listen to him 

:rip: Funny thing is his album sales has always been great. This is on par with his last one in pure sales but SPS makes it bigger.

Amazing numbers for Logic. Didn't know that many people knew him.

Great numbers for Logic omg

JZHWudr.gif?1

Hope 1800-273-8255 blows up :'( 

3 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Who are these unknown people opening with such great numbers. wow!

Logic is a rapper who college kids love. He basically built a career by touring campuses.

Chris Stapleton is a very traditional country act who became a phenomenon (in country music) after some Grammy wins and a well-received performance.

wait so is luke the only country artist who can push 200k opening sales now? possibly sam hunt given how he's blown up.

...Last I checked on ukmix, Stapleton's last album is the 2nd bestselling album in the US from 2015, and is currently edging out 2016 releases as well.

Edited by fridayteenage

Russ is the only listenable on, tragic

27 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

wait so is luke the only country artist who can push 200k opening sales now? possibly sam hunt given how he's blown up.

...Last I checked on ukmix, Stapleton's last album is the 2nd bestselling album in the US from 2015, and is currently edging out 2016 releases as well.

Probably the unconventional (for country music standards at least) release strategy Chris is going for may have cost him a bit on first week sales. Country fans, especially older ones like his, aren't used to having the artist just drop the album before the lead single is even sent out to radio and before really promoting it (besides the promo singles). But I could be wrong I just can't think of any artist in country who have done something like this. 

2 minutes ago, Admiral Bobbery said:

Probably the unconventional (for country music standards at least) release strategy Chris is going for may have cost him a bit on first week sales. Country fans, especially older ones like his, aren't used to having the artist just drop the album before the lead single is even sent out to radio and before really promoting it (besides the promo singles). But I could be wrong I just can't think of any artist in country who have done something like this. 

Eric Church also suffered from that (I thought their strategy was terrible for his album), The Outsider was a big success but Mr Misunderstood (iirc the title) kind of came up short.

Edited by Tremor Christ

I have a feeling Stapleton's sales might be a bit underestimated, I'd wait til monday for a final verdict.

I was listening on a Spotify playlist and one of Logic's songs came on, "America" and it had me shook.

Now that is woke music. 

59 minutes ago, D_Man3379 said:

I was listening on a Spotify playlist and one of Logic's songs came on, "America" and it had me shook.

Now that is woke music. 

It's very well put together album. No filler. 

Metamorphosis

Logic is amazing. Happy for him.

9 hours ago, iHype. said:

The amount of times a Rap album has blocked a Country album on Billboard 200 since 2016 :deadbanana3:

Views blocked Blake Shelton's If I'm Honest

Views blocked Dierks Bentley's Black

Views blocked Aaron Lewis's Sinner

Trap or Die 3 blocked Kenny Chesney's Cosmic Hallelujah

C U L T U R E blocked Brantley Gilbert's The Devil Won't Sleep

Logic blocking Stapleton

All can be traced back when Luke Bryan blocked Dr. Dre on Billboard 200. Rap its revenge.:eli:

OT: A little bit low for Chris. He should release a music video for Either Way because his only MV (for non-single Fire Away) has such a large effect on sales and streaming that it is certified gold.

how many of those times did the country album outsell but lose in free streams?

9 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

how many of those times did the country album outsell but lose in free streams?

Free streams won. :fan:

Ok can someone explain WHEN Logic got so big? I looked him up and he doesn't even seem to have a hit.

On 4/26/2017 at 0:15 PM, Rentboy said:

Streaming is certainly hip hops new best friend.

A platform country acts certainly cant compete on.

Body Like A Back Road is setting streaming records for Country, and even it's stuck in the 20s. Cruise went Top 5, but that was obviously aided by the Nelly remix. And streaming totals in 2013 were far lower than they are today. FBI's HOLY reached the Top 40 on streaming, which helped it reach #14 on the Hot 100. If Hunt would just do a video for Back Road, he would probably reach the Top 5. The fact its gains at mainstream radio are (so far) larger than his losses at Country bears well for the song.

Logic is really good! Happy for him.

6 hours ago, All In My Head said:

Ok can someone explain WHEN Logic got so big? I looked him up and he doesn't even seem to have a hit.

Huge growing fanbase. 

Wtf where did this logic guy come from? Wow not him slaying pop girls numbers without a huge hit/huge fan base. 

28 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

Wtf where did this logic guy come from? Wow not him slaying pop girls numbers without a huge hit/huge fan base. 

dedicated fan base, quality music and Sucker For Pain being a top 20 hit gave him a bit of explosure

Edited by Mr.Fenty

3 hours ago, Superbitch said:

I think will be his second or third number one album. It's a really quality album, it deserves to top the billboard 200. :dies:

A month ago thought Stapleton had this in the bag, but I guess not :michael:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.