Joshua Bassett - "Only a Matter of Time"

Starkboy

Ampersand13

Was just about to post this lol

Excited to see another track from the EP

JustHoran
11 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

they're really milking Olivia's hype huh? 

Joshua has been releasing music and was even signed before Olivia, so no.

beatinglikeadrum
1 minute ago, JustHoran said:

But he wasnt successful. And nobody paid attention to him.

Baby Judas
11 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

Oh I see. I guess releasing 2 songs, 3 weeks after DL blew up is just a coincidence.. 

Edited by Baby Judas
Ampersand13
9 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

Oh I see. I guess releasing 2 songs, 3 weeks after DL blew up is just a coincidence.. 

And? What’s your point? He’s been working on music for years now. Obviously it won’t do nearly as well as Driver’s License and that’s okay. What else is there to discuss? Should artists simply not use publicity to move their product? 

Baby Judas
5 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

And? What’s your point? He’s been working on music for years now. Obviously it won’t do nearly as well as Driver’s License and that’s okay. What else is there to discuss? Should artists simply not use publicity to move their product? 

At least give it like couple more weeks and don't make it too obvious. He literally just released a single couple of weeks ago and the GP smelled the desperate attempt to ride on Olivia's clout and said no to that. :rip: 

Ampersand13
1 minute ago, Baby Judas said:

At least give it like couple more weeks and don't make it too obvious. He literally just released a single couple of weeks ago and the GP smelled the desperate attempt to ride on Olivia's clout and said no to that. :rip: 

I get that but it’s not like he himself is really making these decisions. I’m sure Warner just wants to strike while the iron is hot. Lie Lie Lie may have flopped but I think it performed better than his first two singles did :michael: 

I’m honestly just excited to get more material from him. I think he’s got major potential, and I hope people can move on from the love triangle drama and just appreciate that all three artists involved are hella talented 

hiiii i wrote this song half a year ago, and this release has been scheduled for months!
very proud of this one and can’t wait for you all to hear!!! :)

screaming at his IG comment :dies:

LikeAChampion
22 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

I get that but it’s not like he himself is really making these decisions. I’m sure Warner just wants to strike while the iron is hot. Lie Lie Lie may have flopped but I think it performed better than his first two singles did :michael: 

I’m honestly just excited to get more material from him. I think he’s got major potential, and I hope people can move on from the love triangle drama and just appreciate that all three artists involved are hella talented 

Agree! Isn't he still lying in a hospital bed somewhere? I doubt he's calling the shots at the moment. All 3 parties involved would be dumb not to release an album / ep or something else within the next few months given how much buzz is surrounding all 3 of them.

Peep Show

People are going to say this is about Olivia again with those lyrics. :dancehall: 

It's a cute song, but it kinda goes nowhere. Should've stayed an EP track and not get released tbh. I also don't see the point of the music video. :rip:  Come on Josh, you can do better!

Edited by Peep Show

Another Flop for Mr Bassett :rip: he needs a better ear for music cause these past 2 songs were not it

It started really beautiful but i feel like the chorus is really polarizing. I also find the lyrical content identical to Lie Lie Lie like this is just the ballad version of that. I need to give it more spins. 

Ampersand13

Not sure how I feel knowing this is a ballad but I’m still excited to listen :jamming: