Sabrina Carpenter adresses "drivers license" and "feud".

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKc5kIlAEwZ/

ijsY8rG.png

thank you to everyone who has listened to skin 🤍 especially those who have opened their minds to lyrically what i was trying to get across

i wasn’t bothered by a few lines in a (magnificent) song and wrote a diss track about it.
i was at a tipping point in my life for countless reasons. so i was inspired to do what i usually do to cope, write something that i wish i could have told myself in the past.
people can only get to you if you give them the power to. and a lot of people were trying to get to me.
the song isn’t calling out one single person. some lines address a specific situation, while other lines address plenty of other experiences I’ve had this past year..
it also shows that many things have actually gotten under my skin.. and I’m still learning to not give other people so much power over my feelings. I know a lot of you struggle with the same thing.

i don’t want this to become an endless cycle so please don’t take this as an opportunity to send more hate anyone’s way.

lots of love to u all.
thanks for letting me grow.

Edited by rcksluke
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Timber

• Kings.

• rcksluke

• abrahamjmr

Top Posters In This Topic

She shut the LOUD AND WRONG DUMMIES up :bibliahh:

Her and Olivia probably laughed on the phone about all of you jumping to conclusions and choosing a side over this nonexistent “beef” :lmao: 

i don’t want this to become an endless cycle so please don’t take this as an opportunity to send more hate anyone’s way.

Classy queen :clap3: 

ArmyBlink
5 minutes ago, XIAN said:

all the lil carpets better get in line and join the winning team :ahh:

Olivoodo is real wbk 

nostalgia

I think what Sabrina did had CLASS to it... I'll say that :clap3:

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi

The way by May of 2021 we will literally not even remember any of this happened :rip: 

99sandthe2000s

this was really well said :clap3:a thoughtful and well written acknowledgement.

i was at a tipping point in my life for countless reasons. so i was inspired to do what i usually do to cope, write something that i wish i could have told myself in the past. it also shows that many things have actually gotten under my skin.. and I’m still learning to not give other people so much power over my feelings.

A CLASSY and well thought out response from the pop princess herself :clap3: i know i stanned for a reason. Hopefully the Olive oils can relax now and stop trying to pit 2 successful women against each other :hippo:

Edited by Twilish

This is a pretty classy response, and I would believe it if it were not for the "I ****ed the person you loved lyrics, hahaha"

You can try
To get under my, under my, under my skin
While he's on mine
Yeah, all on my, all on my all, on my skin
I wish you knew that even you
Can't get under my skin
If I don't let you in

Smart response. This will get a lot people to forgive her and perhaps actually jump start her music career. 

3 minutes ago, Timber said:

This is a pretty classy response, and I would believe it if it were not for the "I ****ed the person you loved lyrics, hahaha"

You can try
To get under my, under my, under my skin
While he's on mine
Yeah, all on my, all on my all, on my skin
I wish you knew that even you
Can't get under my skin
If I don't let you in

Smart response. This will get a lot people to forgive her and perhaps actually jump start her music career. 

Shut. Up. You’re obsessed and continue to run in every thread about Sabrina with some snarky comment. It’s giving obsessed :biblio:

Hope this “beef” doesn’t get more acknowledgement from Olivia nor Sabrina, we don’t need this to be the only thing they’re known for.

Olivia got her gate crash entrance to the scene with a monster smash and Sabrina got what seems to be her long time coming breakthrough hit. They are both winning and that’s all that matters :clap3:

Just now, Kings. said:

Shut. Up. You’re obsessed and continue to run in every thread about Sabrina with some snarky comment. It’s giving obsessed :biblio:

It's not snarky. She shouldn't have said that. It's absolutely vile what she said and what she is trying to get away with.

• #FreeBritney Activist
abrahamjmr
3 minutes ago, Timber said:

It's not snarky. She shouldn't have said that. It's absolutely vile what she said and what she is trying to get away with.

Wasn't Olivia the first one that came after anyone? 

5 minutes ago, Timber said:

Nothing about what Sabrina said in her song was vile, nor was it even fully about Olivia. You need to drop this “woe is Olivia” act, stop trolling Sabrina over some make believe feud and grow up. You’re far too old for this behavior. :doc:

Edited by Kings.
2 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

Wasn't Olivia the first one that came after anyone? 

She only gave Sabrina compliments. Not a single mean thing was said to Sabrina. She simply wanted to express her pain.

And you're probably with that blonde girl
Who always made me doubt
She's so much older than me
She's everything I'm insecure about
Yeah, today I drove through the suburbs
'Cause how could I ever love someone else?

It sits wrong with me that Sabrina used Olivia's pain and talent to try to get her first BB hot 100 charting song (after 4 albums of N/As and bubbling unders).