Crazy In Love vs. Umbrella

Crazy In Love vs. Umbrella  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

2. 2. Which one is more iconic?

Both are some of the biggest classics of the 2000s, and Jay-Z is featured on both. 

But which one do you prefer?

Edited by naval23
PrettyHurts

I feel Umbrella is a bit lost among Rihanna’s innumerable hits 

CIL stands out more and feels like it will only continue to become more iconic over the years 

CiL is one of beyonces few hits along with telephone, rihanna can lose this one she has 378583 hits so

CiL because pity :heart:

FloridaKilos

I feel like I hear "Umbrella" a lot more often than "Crazy In Love", though both are great. :celestial5: I prefer Umbrella.

SlowGinFizzzz

I prefer Umbrella, but Crazy In Love is bigger. Both legendary classic bops, though. 

i prefer CIL as i've always found umbrella a bit overrated. they're both so remembered, it's hard to say which is the bigger classic

Edited by Nemo

Crazy in Love for both, it just gets people excited when they hear it and it’s vastly musically superior to Umbrella. Better instrumental, better lyrics, better vocals,  better live performances. I find Umbrellas instrumental very basic with the simple drums and the hook catchy but monotone. Jay Z’s verse is better on CIL as well. 

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

BOTH SONGS are two of the biggest 2000’s Pop classics.

Acclaimed, instantly recognisable and constantly referenced.

:jonny2:

MusicTalker

I prefer Umbrella, but I think Crazy In Love is the even bigger classic. CIL is so quintessential that I think very few pop songs are bigger than it.

CristianGarcia
1 hour ago, PrettyHurts said:

I feel Umbrella is a bit lost among Rihanna’s innumerable hits 

CIL stands out more and feels like it will only continue to become more iconic over the years 

Umbrella and We Found Love are more iconic than Crazy In Love

• #FreeBritney Activist

I prefer Umbrella but Crazy In Love is bigger.

CIL is a stronger sing all over, it sounded legendaric even in 2003. Umbrellas main strength is the memorable, sticky chorus, but it's mainly a sing that grows on u. Is cute.