Jump to content

Name a one hit wonder you wish could make a comeback


JuanXito

Recommended Posts

Kiesza. 
 

Her last 3 singles had so much potential and completely bombed in every shape form and fashion. Had they been by a stronger artist they absolutely could have been moderate hits at the least

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Insanity

    4

  • Thinking Of You

    3

  • Fireman25

    3

  • ArtForFreedom

    2

Underclass King

 

Meredith Brooks is an alternative rock singer best known for her 1997 hit single "Bitch". The song peaked at #2 and was a huge feminist anthem in the 1990s. The follow-up single "What Would Happen" peaked at #46 while all other singles failed to chart. She also hasn't released any new music since 2007. I'd love to hear more music from her, although I'm not sure if I'd want her to return to the mainstream. This thread inspired me to see what she's up to today and now she's just a huge Trump supporter crying about the removal of Parler and sorts. Politics aren't everything, but she's also posted some pretty toxic things on social media that I don't think deserve a major platform that a comeback would bring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ArtForFreedom
2 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

Martika wasn’t a one hit wonder though. She had a smash from her second album too.

 

OT: Vanessa Carlton is a good one

eh debatable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
gettsleazy
1 hour ago, IAMDOM said:

Kiesza. 
 

Her last 3 singles had so much potential and completely bombed in every shape form and fashion. Had they been by a stronger artist they absolutely could have been moderate hits at the least

Yes! her recent work is fantastic 

Link to post
Share on other sites

James Bay

The Veronicas

Snow Patrol

 

Also Bastille feel like a pretty big band, it doesn't seem right that they only have one hit (I guess two if you count the Marshmello collab).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Foster the People.

As far as I'm concerned Sit Next to Me is a hit. Maybe it didn't go top 40 but it had good longevity and charted well on multiple formats.

I agree that they deserve more though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BambiStar

 

her debut album was smash after smash after smash but everyone just knows her as the Sax girl

 

 

Breakfast :jonny5: Kitchen  :jonny5: Paris :jonny5: Tears Will Dry :jonny5:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fireman25

Mandy Moore. She's actually a one hit wonder. "I Wanna Be With You' was her only song that made it top 40.

 

People think 'Candy' was like a top 10 hit   did not even reach top 40

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fireman25
2 hours ago, Underclass King said:

 

Meredith Brooks is an alternative rock singer best known for her 1997 hit single "Bitch". The song peaked at #2 and was a huge feminist anthem in the 1990s. The follow-up single "What Would Happen" peaked at #46 while all other singles failed to chart. She also hasn't released any new music since 2007. I'd love to hear more music from her, although I'm not sure if I'd want her to return to the mainstream. This thread inspired me to see what she's up to today and now she's just a huge Trump supporter crying about the removal of Parler and sorts. Politics aren't everything, but she's also posted some pretty toxic things on social media that I don't think deserve a major platform that a comeback would bring.

 

I always got her confused wit Alanis Morrissette

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirrorcle

Tones and I although she still have time to prove she's not a one-hit-wonder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
andresg770
22 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Kimbra, so talented.

 

Also Leona in the US (Better In Time is so insignificant compared to Bleeding Love).

 

Foster the People.

All three of these, for sure  :clap3:

 

I was just listening to "Two Way Street" for the first time in a while.  It's sad how Kimbra's only big hit in most places (except NZ, I think?) was as a featured artist  :shakeno:

 

As for Leona, what makes me most pressed is that "Better in Time" deserved to be more of a hit than boring, bland "Bleeding Love"

 

Same for FTP.  "Houdini" and "Best Friend" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Pumped Up Kicks"

 

Oh, and in the same vein as Kimbra, Janelle Monáe deserves so much better than her only hit being "We Are Young"  :shakeno:

Link to post
Share on other sites
MusicTalker
On 1/24/2021 at 4:16 PM, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Kimbra, so talented.

 

Also Leona in the US (Better In Time is so insignificant compared to Bleeding Love).

 

Foster the People.

!!! at FTP. They have released some really fantastic pop bops in the last 2-3 years. Sit Next to Me Stereotypes Remix is one of the best pop songs of the late 10s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Thinking Of You
On 1/24/2021 at 5:01 PM, Insanity said:

Where MY Girls At was my jam back in the day

Yes, but “Get It Together” was a hit too and it’s way bigger than Where My Girls At nowadays . The fact it was sampled on Drake’s, Pop Smoke’s, and Summer Walker’s last albums :dies:

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...