FKA twigs coming this week

Kylie Jenner

FlyPirate
9 minutes ago, aliciavikanders said:

The part where she talked about how she her label finally sat her down to discuss numbers :deadbanana4:

Nnn even being on an independent label means you aren't safe

that was awkward, when she said he made her feel a failure :priceless: i was like girl I— pretty sure he wasn’t even implying you are flopping or sum

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ahauntingnearu

• aliciavikanders

• FlyPirate

• masochizm

SchmoodRing
2 hours ago, aliciavikanders said:

The part where she talked about how she her label finally sat her down to discuss numbers :deadbanana4:

I mean what does she expect she makes alternative experimental r and b music and takes random and long hiatuses. Over ha.

dangerousalex
6 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

I mean what does she expect she makes alternative experimental r and b music and takes random and long hiatuses. Over ha.

so true and her going on tour centered around a project/EP that never saw the light of day... she's so talented but her career is somewhat insufferable 

SchmoodRing
8 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

so true and her going on tour centered around a project/EP that never saw the light of day... she's so talented but her career is somewhat insufferable 

And it seems like due to her so to her self loathe and make it seem like she was attacked in that meeting when they were probably just stating facts is like girl 👧 🤔 🤷 

ahauntingnearu
16 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

And it seems like due to her so to her self loathe and make it seem like she was attacked in that meeting when they were probably just stating facts is like girl 👧 🤔 🤷 

Chill, Miss Thing; she was doing nothing of the sort. She was extremely calm and receptive to what he was saying, so stop painting this weird and innacurate image of her getting defensive or offended. 

where's this interview? 

or can someone give any tea of what she said about the album? sound wise etc. 

aliciavikanders
25 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Chill, Miss Thing; she was doing nothing of the sort. She was extremely calm and receptive to what he was saying, so stop painting this weird and innacurate image of her getting defensive or offended. 

Right, she was so sweet about everything :chick1: 

23 minutes ago, ThaInfo1 said:

where's this interview? 

or can someone give any tea of what she said about the album? sound wise etc. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p091pg54

About the album, all she said is that it's "lighter" than her previous work, it has more features and collaborations than any of her past work, and most of the people she worked with she's never met and they all did on FaceTime. 

5 hours ago, aliciavikanders said:

Yeah that was super awkward, and doesn't help with the picture of her having a highly collaborative and mainstream leaning music coming up.

I hope she's ultimately happy with the music, cause after listening to that this album seems like her label pressuring her to selling out for hits.

aliciavikanders
13 minutes ago, mathekr said:

Yeah that was super awkward, and doesn't help with the picture of her having a highly collaborative and mainstream leaning music coming up.

I hope she's ultimately happy with the music, cause after listening to that this album seems like her label pressuring her to selling out for hits.

Wait a minute I got it wrong :rip: @FlyPirate was right about how it went... I listened back again and she was actually talking about how Louis (the podcast host) made her feel like a failure (lmao what :skull:) because they were talking about numbers when she's never really had a conversation about numbers before.

That makes a lot more sense because I was so confused that Young Turks would be speaking to her about her numbers, like :deadbanana4: 

I don't think she's necessarily chasing the mainstream with this album but she said that after all that went down with Shia, she just wanted to make a "lighter" record and I guess that's why there will be a lot of collabs. 

FlyPirate
2 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

nah i didn’t feel that

to me the only moment that confused me was when she took “not doing big numbers” as a “failure”

btw when the interviewer mentioned some big artists like Kanye, Björk, etc and said they were doing big numbers I was like :priceless: in my sweetest dreams honey, like isn’t Utopia her worst selling album and each album sells less than the previous one 

SchmoodRing
2 hours ago, aliciavikanders said:

I don't think she's necessarily chasing the mainstream with this album but she said that after all that went down with Shia, she just wanted to make a "lighter" record and I guess that's why there will be a lot of collabs. 

2 hours ago, mathekr said:

I'm actually really excited for what's to come out of this. Hearing her on the radio would be glorious.