Have you ever gifted a CD to someone?

KillingYourCareer

KillingYourCareer

I have, three times! In middle school there was this girl in my class whose family was struggling economically, she kept talking about how much she loved Lady Gaga, so I gifted my copy of The Fame to her and bought a new one for myself (it was 2009). That was my Margherita Zamboni moment!

At the time, I also gifted my best friend Vanessa Hudgens' Identified as she was a big fan, and more recently I got Lover for my boyfriend, who's a huge Taylor fan. How about you?

Yes, as Xmas presents for my friend I normally buy her a CD as she barely buys any and listens to the same ones over and over lol

If it counts, I use to buy vinyls for my ex. Even got him a blink-182 one that got signed by everyone including Tom. :clown: But other than that, I don’t think so. CDs were already dipping by the time I was in elementary school, and completely obsolete by high school.

Tinashegrande6
5 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

That was my Margherita Zamboni moment!

:deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

OT: I got a signed copy of Mabel's album for my brother :dies:

Yes when I was really young I (well my mum :priceless:) bought my best friend Tatu's All The Things She Said single for her birthday

Edited by Ariel
sickening

no but i would if the oppritunity came

ariananext

yeah, when I was a kid (13-16) my friends and I always gifted each other CDs, we were all in stan world, each of us stanned someone different :deadbanana4: plus I gifted my niece 5/6 of Ariana's albums (she's a huge fan) for Xmas or her name day

Edited by ariananext
typo
20 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I have, three times! In middle school there was this girl in my class whose family was struggling economically, she kept talking about how much she loved Lady Gaga, so I gifted my copy of The Fame to her and bought a new one for myself (it was 2009). That was my Margherita Zamboni moment!

At the time, I also gifted my best friend Vanessa Hudgens' Identified as she was a big fan, and more recently I got Lover for my boyfriend, who's a huge Taylor fan. How about you?

What's the point of gifting a cd to a fan? They have probably already bought it.

KillingYourCareer
1 minute ago, Watson! said:

What's the point of gifting a cd to a fan? They have probably already bought it.

Because I knew they didn't have that CD yet, duh. :rip:

Both Sides Now

I used to do this for small birthday gifts a few years ago when music stores were still on high streets. You could get a classic album for €5 and I’d buy that instead of the card (you could write on the back with marker or something).

I’ve gifted albums like blue, the immaculate collection, arrival, parallel lines for people depending what I thought their taste would be. It always went down better than a card would and it was a similar price. My mind :clap3:

25 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Because I knew they didn't have that CD yet, duh. :rip:

And what if they preferred another version of the lover? Did u buy all of them?

queenoftheclouds

Yes. I have gifted Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing, Colbie Caillat - Coco and Adele - 25. Everyone was happy about it.

Edited by queenoftheclouds
keshasfillers

No but I received a dua lipa cd as a Christmas gift from my cousin in like 2017 and threw it into a trash bin on my way home :thing:

Edited by keshasfillers
fridayteenage
13 minutes ago, keshasfillers said:

No but I received a dua lipa cd as a Christmas gift from my cousin in like 2017 and threw it into a trash bin on my way home :thing:

was there no receipt to exchange it for something good?

• #FreeBritney Activist

I gifted a friend of mine - Lana's  Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass

he was really happy! I was kind of surprised

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

who's a huge Taylor fan.

wow :eli: yall dont get into a Katy/Taylor wars?

bestfiction

yes, I have a fellow collector friend and we play some kind of a secret santa every year. also I've gifted the Lust for Life CD to a friend for bday when she told me she likes Lana.

KillingYourCareer
37 minutes ago, Watson! said:

And what if they preferred another version of the lover? Did u buy all of them?

It was a gift for my boyfriend that I knew he'd appreciate, don't be so bitter :deadbanana4:

KillingYourCareer
10 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

wow :eli: yall dont get into a Katy/Taylor wars?

He isn't in the stan world, so he has nothing against Katy :dies: