Will Witness scan platinum before its 4th anniversary?

biblicalmonster

biblicalmonster

KP4 has been released 3 years and a half ago, yet the album isn't even certified gold in the US. Do you think it could reach platinum before its 4th anniversary?

queenoftheclouds

No, it struggles to get streams on Spotify. Even Smile will surpass it in a few months.

legendlavigne
1 minute ago, queenoftheclouds said:

No, it struggles to get streams on Spotify. Even Smile will surpass it in a few months.

Wait, actually? :skull: 

OT: Hopefully it will someday. I don't think before its 4th anniversary though.

queenoftheclouds
Just now, legendlavigne said:

Wait, actually? :skull: 

OT: Hopefully it will someday. I don't think before its 4th anniversary though.

I read somewhere that Witness has only 1.3 B streams while Smile has almost 2 B streams.

Only OTTB has around 800 M streams.

11 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

I read somewhere that Witness has only 1.3 B streams while Smile has almost 2 B streams.

Only OTTB has around 800 M streams.

Smile 2B? :ahh: 

• #FreeBritney Activist
26 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

KP4 has been released 3 years and a half ago, yet the album isn't even certified gold in the US.

Witness

311k pure sales

Chained To The Rhythm - 2x Platinum

Bon Appétit - Gold

Swish Swish - Platinum

It’s a terrible album and it deserves nothing but it’s clearly eligible for Platinum (albeit thanks to ticket redemption bundles).

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
33 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

KP4 has been released 3 years and a half ago, yet the album isn't even certified gold in the US. Do you think it could reach platinum before its 4th anniversary?

“Witness” has been Platinum-eligible for over a year.

4 minutes ago, Orsay said:

Smile 2B? :ahh: 

That user clearly meant “1B”. 

“Smile” currently has ~900M streams and should hit 1B by late Q3/early Q4 this year.

It will definitely have outstreamed “Witness” by, at least, Q1 2022.

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

I can't wait to create a similar thread concept about "Chromatica" in 2023 :fan:

KillingYourCareer

It's clearly already eligible. Thank you for your concern, though!

experienceee.thumb.jpg.3d1b8df1321d59579

DiamondHoe

I wonder why Capitol hasn’t certified it if it’s eligible? :huh:

No shade, just I know Capitol is a bit of a crummy label, and I thought getting certs on time was one of the few things they were good at :shakeno:

biblicalmonster
5 minutes ago, umich said:

The backfire 

There's no backfire. Witness is not certified platinum in the US, that's a fact. Not even gold. :michael:

biblicalmonster
3 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

“Smile” currently has ~900M streams and should hit 1B by late Q3/early Q4 this year.

But it's not certified platinum. And eligible according to which source?

4 hours ago, Eternium said:

Witness

311k pure sales

Chained To The Rhythm - 2x Platinum

Bon Appétit - Gold

Swish Swish - Platinum

It’s a terrible album and it deserves nothing but it’s clearly eligible for Platinum (albeit thanks to ticket redemption bundles).

311k pure +~ 280k +~55k+ ~150k= 796k SPS......where is the rest coming from? and I was generous with those estimates for CTTR and SS....did the rest of the songs sell 2 mil in pure and streams.....i doubt 

27 minutes ago, DiamondHoe said:

I wonder why Capitol hasn’t certified it if it’s eligible? :huh:

No shade, just I know Capitol is a bit of a crummy label, and I thought getting certs on time was one of the few things they were good at :shakeno:

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

It's clearly already eligible. Thank you for your concern, though!

3 hours ago, bad guy said:

It took some albums 4 years to go platinum. She has time.

4 hours ago, Angelo said:

I can't wait to create a similar thread concept about "Chromatica" in 2023 :fan:

4 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Whitness is not eligible it needs at least another 200k in SPS to reach 1mil units and I was generous with the estimates

KillingYourCareer
Just now, BawBaw said:

Whitness is not eligible it needs at least another 200k in SPS to reach 1mil units and I was generous with the estimates

Nah, with shipments it's eligible. It's not like RIAA does any quality control over their certification numbers anyway, so many records get certified despite not having reached the thresholds (see Baby and Bad Romance in 2015).

KillingYourCareer
4 minutes ago, BawBaw said:

311k pure +~ 280k +~55k+ ~150k= 796k SPS......where is the rest coming from? and I was generous with those estimates for CTTR and SS....did the rest of the songs sell 2 mil in pure and streams.....i doubt 

If anything, you're low with those estimates. Haven't you seen the YouTube stats? According to RIAA, 150 million views from the US equal to 100k album units. The Witness era has long crossed 3 billion YouTube views. I wish Katy had a fragile ego like certain other girls who always update their certifications just to settle this down :dies:

1 minute ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Nah, with shipments it's eligible. It's not like RIAA does any quality control over their certification numbers anyway, so many records get certified despite not having reached the thresholds (see Baby and Bad Romance in 2015).

what shipments ? receipts? 

KillingYourCareer
1 minute ago, BawBaw said:

what shipments ? receipts? 

RIAA certifies shipments, and Witness was notoriously overshipped when it came out.

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

If anything, you're low with those estimates. Haven't you seen the YouTube stats? According to RIAA, 150 million views from the US equal to 100k album units. The Witness era has long crossed 3 billion YouTube views. I wish Katy had a fragile ego like certain other girls who always update their certifications just to settle this down :dies:

So with ticket bundles, fake youtube # and shipments she will finally reach 1 mil units in 2-3 years ? 

KillingYourCareer
Just now, BawBaw said:

So with ticket bundles, fake youtube # and shipments she will finally reach 1 mil units in 2-3 years ? 

Fake YouTube numbers? Receipts? :matty:Please stop being such a loser.

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

RIAA certifies shipments, and Witness was notoriously overshipped when it came out.

again receipts .....it was overshipped WW or US ?