Jump to content

Ed Sheeran’s ÷ is 1st album to surpass 10B Spotify streams


nooniebao

Recommended Posts

Baby Judas

Holy **** 10B! :jonny: 

 

 

The fact that only few female artists have more than 10B entire discography streams, and he’s doing it with only 1 album.. beast! :jonny: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Blackthorn

An album that was released like what... 3, 4 years ago? That's surprisingly crazy tbh! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
onewillowsilk
2 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Astounding.
 

The King of Streaming.

 

:clap3:

Not when Drake exists :gaycat5:

 

This is impressive, though. Having the most streamed album and most streamed song on Spotify (and by a large margin) is no joke. I wonder if he'll be able to have another era similar to the divide era. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

massive :jonny5:

 

23 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

Not when Drake exists 

not when he has 10x more songs than Ed :gaycat5:

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

Not when Drake exists :gaycat5:

 

This is impressive, though. Having the most streamed album and most streamed song on Spotify (and by a large margin) is no joke. I wonder if he'll be able to have another era similar to the divide era. 

Drake is ahead cause he releases every year basically.

Ed does these numbers and he has 3 albums and a collab album :deadbanana4:

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

Not when Drake exists :gaycat5:

 

This is impressive, though. Having the most streamed album and most streamed song on Spotify (and by a large margin) is no joke. I wonder if he'll be able to have another era similar to the divide era. 

Ed has the most streamed album and two songs in the top 5 most streamed songs on Spotify.

 

Drake has more projects/songs, Ed has more streams per project

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
onewillowsilk
2 hours ago, Yuanyu said:

Ed has the most streamed album and two songs in the top 5 most streamed songs on Spotify.

 

Drake has more projects/songs, Ed has more streams per project

 

 

And that matters because? Drake has 3 albums with over 4B streams and has the most songs with over 100/200/300M streams, etc. Many artists like Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, Chris Brown, Future have their most streamed songs as the songs where Drake was featured. If he had fewer songs, they'd have more streams because his fans would have fewer songs to stream and would stream them as much as they could. Same goes for artists with small discographies like Billie Eilish, Post Malone, etc who have massive streams regardless. 

 

3 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Drake is ahead cause he releases every year basically.

Ed does these numbers and he has 3 albums and a collab album :deadbanana4:

Wrong. Artists like Future/Chris Brown release way more often than Drake does and they don't have a quarter of the streams Drake has so he doesn't just have more streams because he puts out more music. People actually stream said music when it drops. That's the difference. 

 

3 hours ago, Destiny said:

massive :jonny5:

 

not when he has 10x more songs than Ed :gaycat5:

Wrong. 

Drake: 223 songs. 

Ed Sheeran: 185 songs.

 

Screenshot-20210124-112624.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
RainDreamer

At least 15 billion overall is not out of the question for the album then ,also I just read recently that Drake passed 50 billion streams on spotify or something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
onewillowsilk
1 minute ago, RainDreamer said:

At least 15 billion overall is not out of the question for the album then ,also I just read recently that Drake passed 50 billion streams on spotify or something. 

 

 

Just over 2 years ago, he had 50B streams across all platforms. Right now, he has over 100B streams. 

 

Spotify: 50B+ streams

Pandora: 27B+ streams

Apple Music: 20B+ streams

YouTube: 18B+ streams

Not including other streaming platforms. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
RainDreamer
4 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

 

 

Just over 2 years ago, he had 50B streams across all platforms. Right now, he has over 100B streams. 

 

Spotify: 50B+ streams

Pandora: 27B+ streams

Apple Music: 20B+ streams

YouTube: 18B+ streams

Not including other streaming platforms. 

 

 

Incredible,hopefully he wasn't screwed out in the contracts and is making what he deserves from all these streams. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is...I I idgi but ...wow.

Most pop girls barely surpass that with their whole catalog. :rip:

Edited by BnPac
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...