The show is Spanish, she's Mexican.

Ah gotcha. Yas werk mexican queeen

AlbumOfTheYear
3 minutes ago, itaughtyouright said:

Belinda is the only Latin princess of pop :redface:

Maybe 10 years ago +she's Spanish

99sandthe2000s

I need to check her out...

Is it safe to say the current MLPG (main latin pop girls) are Karol G, Becky G, Anitta and Rosalía(?)... those seem to be the artists that are the most talked about and have US crossover.

4 hours ago, bliaz said:

LIES! I am also from Mexico and she is very well known, she has been in the public eye since she was a little child. Her last leading role in a telenovela was in the hit Atrévete a Soñar (Mundo de Caramelo). Her participation in Elite catapulted her internationally (The series was a hit on Netflix Mexico, always in the top 10 of the most watched). And her most recent "scandal" has more than 21 million views on YouTube.

Not to mention her music and now Spotify is calling her the new pop princess. You are obviously a hater.

Omg she was in a “successful” telenovela1!!!1 the cultural impact must be huge. I’m sure the targeted audience (housewives in their 40+s) must know who she is. Oh wait.

1 hour ago, AlbumOfTheYear said:

Maybe 10 years ago +she's Spanish

Yes, she's Spanish but she grew up in Mexico, making her Mexican

OT: Congrats to the new princess of Latin Pop, Danna Paola :clap3:

13 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

Omg she was in a “successful” telenovela1!!!1 the cultural impact must be huge. I’m sure the targeted audience (housewives in their 40+s) must know who she is. Oh wait.

That you only focused on that one piece of information says it all about you. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't say anything (because you just look ignorant). The telenovela was a hit among young people, not to mention the music of that telenovela, which was also a hit. And here you were talking about her being recognized by the general public, who do recognize her. That you live under a rock is not my problem. But most likely you are a hater. Danna Paola (who has a career spanning more than twenty years and is well known throughout the country) the new Latin pop princess: SPOTIFY. Deal with it. 

Edited by bliaz
1 minute ago, Venom said:

Yes, she's Spanish but she grew up in Mexico, making her Mexican

OT: Congrats to the new princess of Latin Pop, Danna Paola :clap3:

No. Danna Paola is Mexican, she was born in Mexico City. You are confusing her with Belinda, who was born in Spain, but grew up in Mexico. 

40 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

BONUS: Atrévete a Soñar es la primera telenovela en México estrenada un fin de semana.7 La serie se estrenó por primera vez el domingo 8 de marzo del 2009.8 Tras un año de éxito, logrando un gran impacto en México, principalmente entre los niños y adolescentes.9 El sábado 7 de marzo de 2010 se emitió el capítulo final de la telenovela.10 Tras su trasmisión en México,11 se transmitió por la cadena Disney Channel en Latinoamérica.12131415

Durante la emisión de la telenovela, se ha desarrollado y lanzado, con éxito, una extensa gama de productos con la imagen de Atrévete a Soñar, que sumó más de 50 productos en diferentes categorías, dirigidos a niños y adolescentes.93132

El videojuego, Atrévete a Soñar para Wii, salió a la venta el 2 de junio de 2011, bajo el sello del Publisher Slang, en colaboración con Televisa Home Entertainment. Fue el primer videojuego de Nintendo hecho en México por Sabarasa, la empresa argentina con sede en México.33

Oh wait. :mandown: 

Disney bought the telenovela because only housewives in their forties watched it:ahh:
https://www.informador.mx/Entretenimiento/La-produccion-mexicana-Atrevete-a-sonar-se-une-a-la-familia-Disney-20090718-0192.html

Edited by bliaz
27 minutes ago, bliaz said:

No. Danna Paola is Mexican, she was born in Mexico City. You are confusing her with Belinda, who was born in Spain, but grew up in Mexico. 

I know Danna was born in Mexico. I was talking about Belinda!

Notice what I quoted.

3 minutes ago, Venom said:

Notice what I quoted.

I already read the other replies, a mistake, sorry.

1 hour ago, bliaz said:

That you only focused on that one piece of information says it all about you. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't say anything (because you just look ignorant). The telenovela was a hit among young people, not to mention the music of that telenovela, which was also a hit. And here you were talking about her being recognized by the general public, who do recognize her. That you live under a rock is not my problem. But most likely you are a hater. Danna Paola (who has a career spanning more than twenty years and is well known throughout the country) the new Latin pop princess: SPOTIFY. Deal with it. 

Oh my. How am I gonna deal with the overwhelming success of this telenovela star :cries:

SchmoodRing
3 hours ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

I need to check her out...

Is it safe to say the current MLPG (main latin pop girls) are Karol G, Becky G, Anitta and Rosalía(?)... those seem to be the artists that are the most talked about and have US crossover.

A Tier (top of the Latin pop food chain) : Karol G and Rosalia for sure. 

B Tier (next best thing usually do to constant exposure) : Natti Natasha, Anitta, Danna Paola

C Tier (local to their markets) : Tini, Lali, Greeicy, Becky G, Aitana, Nathy Peluso

D Tier (a mix of underperforming or up and coming girls) : Sofia Reyes, Lola Indigo, Mariah Angelic, Farina, Paloma Mami, Pabllo Vittar

35 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

Oh my. How am I gonna deal with the overwhelming success of this telenovela star :cries:

Crying in this thread and denying reality :sadviolin: *telenovela, tv series, and music star

tenor.gif?itemid=18184830

Edited by bliaz
AlbumOfTheYear
2 hours ago, Venom said:

Notice what I quoted.

Thats not how that works lol. Latin as in LATIN AMERICAN, which doesn't include Spain?

Stans are hilarious.

pablozedd

tumblr_pq8is08izJ1xd8n0co2_r1_540.gifv

Jk I like her on Elite but I don't think anyone knows her WW besides the series. Her musis hasnt made any impact, she doesnt have a hit

unclefloprry
1 hour ago, pablozedd said:

tumblr_pq8is08izJ1xd8n0co2_r1_540.gifv

Jk I like her on Elite but I don't think anyone knows her WW besides the series. Her musis hasnt made any impact, she doesnt have a hit

321M On YouTube... not everybody has that at this point. :coffee2: