Meryl Streep

Viola Davis

Reese Witherspoon

Regina King

Kerry Washington

Edited by OnMyCoolJ
correcting
Thinking Of You

What ever happened to Halle Berry? She was the MAG. I can’t think of any other actress who matched her peak popularity wise. She was the ultimate tabloid celebrity, the ultimate actress, and deemed as the most gorgeous woman in the world all at once. 

Nh7nT1H.png

It didn’t last that long though 

allforyou
1 minute ago, Thinking Of You said:

What ever happened to Halle Berry? She was the MAG. I can’t think of any other actress who matched her peak popularity wise. She was the ultimate tabloid celebrity, the ultimate actress, and deemed as the most gorgeous woman in the world all at once. 

Nh7nT1H.png

Catwoman killed her career

Nh7nT1H.png

Anne Hathaway 

Angelina Jolie

JLaw

Emma Stone

Jenn Aniston

Sandra Bullock

Taraji P Henson

Scarlett Johanson 

Margot Robbie

and many many more

Kind of a loose split but these are some:

Old gen

Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie, Cate Blanchett, Sandra Bullock, Viola Davis, Charlize Theron

New gen

Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Watson, Emma Stone, Saoirse Ronan, Margot Robbie, Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman

Ampersand13

Emma Stone, Saoirse Ronan, Anya Taylor Joy, Florence Pugh, Scarlett Johansson for sure. Hailee Steinfeld and Selena are coming though :WAP:

lepetitmonstr

There's too many :rip:

Meryl Streep however should be included in EVERY list otherwise your list is incorrect 

BadHabits

I think there's different tiers

OBA - (Oscar Buzz Actresses): Viola, Octavier, Charlize, Meryl, Frances McDormand, Olivia Coleman, Halle, Sandra, Margot.

For Main Actresses or Lead Actresses, ones that can be the lead and carry a whole movie:

Charlize, Halle, Emily Blunt, Emma Stone, Florence Pugh, Jennifer Lawrence, Angelina, Julia Roberts, Scarjo. 

StrangerInTheDark
14 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Nh7nT1H.png

Catwoman is the only Halle Berry movie I can name... Does she still act? Is that her in that gif?

2 minutes ago, Ryuuchan_X said:

Definitely not that rat Jennifer Lawrence. 

Nh7nT1H.png

Hunger Games seems to be becoming a classic, maybe she is in for a repeak

Nh7nT1H.png

33 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Nh7nT1H.png

Catwoman happened and soon, white Hollywood got rid of her butt. And the black community grew out and tired of her.

Nh7nT1H.png

There is no MAG cause the movie industry is a project carried by multiple acts..

Singer carry their team and spearheading it by being the title name...

Thinking Of You
10 minutes ago, jdmc219 said:

Catwoman happened and soon, white Hollywood got rid of her butt. And the black community grew out and tired of her.

Nh7nT1H.png

It’s insane because she actually has sort of been obsolete since the late 00s. I want to see Angela and her co-lead in a film together on some Meryl - Goldie type ****. 

Fitzswiftie

Main Movie Actress Girls

• Amy Adams

• Jennifer Aniston

• Cate Blanchett 

• Emily Blunt

• Sandra Bullock

• Viola Davis

• Cameron Diaz

• Tiffany Haddish

• Anne Hathaway

• Scarlett Johansson

• Jennifer Lawrence

• Jennifer Lopez

• Frances McDormand

• Melissa McCarthy

• Lupita Nyong'o

• Margot Robbie

• Saoirse Ronan

• Kristen Stewart

• Meryl Streep

• Constance Wu 

• Zendaya

Main TV Actress Girls

• Gillian Anderson

• Jennifer Aniston 

• Christine Baranski

• Olivia Colman

• Viola Davis

• Nicole Kidman

• Regina King

• Lisa Kudrow

• Julia Louis-Dreyfus

• Laurie Metcalf 

• Elisabeth Moss

• Sandra Oh

• Sarah Paulson 

• Billie Piper

• Kerry Washington 

• Zendaya

Edited by Fitzswiftie

Meryl, Angelina, Jennifer Lawrence, Sandra Bullock and Charlize are the main ones off the top of my head I can think of.

I feel like a MAG should be taken in the same vein as MPG in the sense that all or nearly most of their projects are successful and that the GP knows who they are. I guess we can throw women like Scarlett and Zoe Saldana in but then you would have to argue their success is due to the fact they're attached to big budget franchises. Its kinda like how atrl doesn't think featured hits should count towards pop girls solo success.

Nh7nT1H.png