Believe vs Hung Up: bigger, better & more loved?

nostalgia

Believe vs Hung Up: bigger, better & more loved?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Believe vs Hung Up: bigger, better & more loved?

• Believe
    • Hung Up

nostalgia

Two of the biggest comeback singles from the elder popgirls queens. But which one do you think was bigger, bolder, better, more remembered and more loved by the GeePee and the gheys?

Believe = Bigger

Believe = Better (but both 10/10)

Believe = More loved (but both 10/10 again)

Oktober Knight

Believe - bigger 

Hung Up - better

Hung Up - more loved WW

Believe - more loved in US

Lazerbeamz
8 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Believe - bigger 

Hung Up - better

Hung Up - more loved WW

This. Hung up was LOVED universally in Europe and the ABBA sample was the cherry on top, especially for the older generation.

Believe was huge also but the autotune (to borderline howling) kinda put people off, and let’s be real it barely has any replay value nowadays besides a cute throwback.

Hung Up on the other hand is still that bop :katie2:

Believe is bigger, people still quote "do you believe in life after love" all the time. Both are great songs for them tho.

Believe practically has a permanent residency on the top 1000 streaming chart in the UK and US since forever, not to mention it also finished #1 YEC the year it came out. Both of these HU failed to achieve. :deadbanana2: I wish this site were around 20 yrs ago when both these songs were fresh, would practically be a civil war

49 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Believe - bigger 

Hung Up - better

Hung Up - more loved WW

:cm:

• #FreeBritney Activist

I can’t choose. I don’t know. Maybe Hung Up is a little bit better but Believe has such a nostalgia quality about it.

bestfiction
1 hour ago, rebeltwat said:

Believe for old gays

Hung Up for young hot gays

I confirm this

Believe is bigger, better and more remembered WW. A massive song that topped both US & UK year end charts. :clap3:

Hung Up was nice. Too bad it flopped in the US.

How is it possible to have an opinion (impact, if it was big back then, influence at its time) for a song that released before you were born? Or even worse, about songs/trends during the 70's-80's-90's (yeah, we have these types of threads in here as well)... Reading a couple of articles here and there doesn't make you experts. You need to calm down in this site... 

Believe was bigger, but hung up is better. If anything, hung up is one of the best pop songs of all time

Mirrorcle

Believe is bigger and better. Even Sorry easily edged out Hung Up in terms of quality.

SavagePapi

Bigger: Believe

Better: Hung Up

Should have made two polls. My vote went to "Believe" for the overall census. But imo "Hung Up" is the better song.

45 minutes ago, LikeaRebel said:

This was a thread literally a few weeks ago. :deadbanana:

Yep, these Madonna vs threads are so tiresome.

wanderlust

well, our country's biggest radio station for young folk played hung up yesterday.. they'd never play "believe" :coffee2:

theres also a cringe factor with "believe". it doesnt sound particularly cool or effortless. i mean, just look at the youtube thumbnails. :eli:

there's no way young kids are gonna dance to "believe" in the clubs or at a party. pre corona i know for a fact they often play "hung up".

Edited by wanderlust