Should Spotify Have Artist Catagories?

Should Spotify Have Artist Catagories?

I really hate when i'm scrolling through discography now that Mariah and Ariana and a few others like Sam Smith as well have all those remixes and random EP's and now Live Albums. I wish there was a tab next to Overview or Concerts that said discography where you can click tabs from either Albums/Singles/Live Concert/Remixes. Its kinda gross looking at all these huge discographies get cluttered with all the randoms. Makes it harder to search for specific things or groupings.

Holiest Dreams

Definitely, it’s one of the features they need the most. It would really help clean up pages that need it. Having all of an artist’s singles in one tab, their OG/deluxe albums in another, live concerts / other specialities in another, etc. would make the functionality of Spotify much easier :rip: 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Enzolorenzo

Yeah definitely. It mostly triggers me when I’m scrolling through Madonna’s or Mariah’s page because they have so many albums, singles, remixes, etc. and it makes it harder to find what I’m looking for lol.

Earth Ripper

I think they feel that's taken care of by the fact that you can like your preferred albums and then sort them by artist, so I don't expect this to ever change.

Baby Judas

And it gets worse now that releasing some random Dropped Your Hand Thing random EPs are now a thing. :dies: 

This is one of the main reasons I can't stand Spotify. On Apple Music, everything is organized. You have a tab for essential albums, albums, music videos, playlists, singles/EPs, live albums, compilations, collabs and extra content (radio and interviews).

I have no idea why they don't have an Artists section?!

Like if I feel like playing some Avril Lavigne, why can't I find her in my artists ugh?!

5 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

I think they feel that's taken care of by the fact that you can like your preferred albums and then sort them by artist, so I don't expect this to ever change.

ugh this makes me so sad I feel like they should at least make an option like this for premium users.

4 hours ago, Kyoto said:

This is one of the main reasons I can't stand Spotify. On Apple Music, everything is organized. You have a tab for essential albums, albums, music videos, playlists, singles/EPs, live albums, compilations, collabs and extra content (radio and interviews).

dont they offer like 3 months free

Letemtalk

It's even worse when you have artists like David Bowie who has dozens of compilations and live albums going back over decades. You end up having to use the search and select albums to get a full list, but that doesn't seem to be in any useful order either.

Soda Pop Queen
6 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

It's even worse when you have artists like David Bowie who has dozens of compilations and live albums going back over decades. You end up having to use the search and select albums to get a full list, but that doesn't seem to be in any useful order either.

and now it's getting even more cluttered because his team is uploading previously unreleased (?) live concerts from the 90s lol.

3 hours ago, Topaz said:

ugh this makes me so sad I feel like they should at least make an option like this for premium users.

dont they offer like 3 months free

Yes. 3 months free.

3 hours ago, MayorOfTrollTown said:

Yes! Also EPs should be separated from singles too

YES!

3 hours ago, Valtersen said:

ugh, apple music, the superior app :gaycat5:

It just sucks bc some of my fave artist dont upload on there and im like DAMN and they dont show popularity plays. 

ariananext

yes, it's also annoying that all the singles are below the albums, they could at least put albums and singles together but in chronological order. for example, when you're done listening to positions it will play the live album instead of rain on me, stuck with u, monopoly, boyfriend, and to find those you have to go all the way down, so annoying :deadbanana2:

What annoys me most is the tag :rip: So horrendous. Like, track "ABC - Dance Remix" from single "ABC (Dance Remix)" or the way they name the tracks with a feature artist on it :rip: 

Please learn from Apple Music.