Why Is Selena Gomez’ “De Una Vez” Flopping?

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

It’s a really good song.

Perhaps it’ll grow in a few weeks/months?

:beatfreak:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto
Marshal_ac

Fake latinx pandering/she doesn't really speak spanish and us native speakers can see right thru the pandering.

Forevermore.

It's not being promoted or sent to the radio anywhere iirc. Basically a promotional single to hype up Baila Conmigo.

Selenasworld

Is flopping in the US (the usually does better in spotify this was an exception) already debuted in Chile :mandown:

It's a bad song from a bad singer.

It's getting what it deserves. 

Selenasworld
3 minutes ago, Marshal_ac said:

Fake latinx pandering/she doesn't really speak spanish and us native speakers can see right thru the pandering.

That why mexico already outstreamed the US with this son :juanny:

Not the OSH troll requesting it :ahh:

Anyway, it spent a good chunk of the week having less playlist reach than even old hits such as No Tears Left To Cry and We Don't Talk Anymore, so it's not surprising

Considering this will be a visual "album" and the only relevant push it got to my knowledge is the cover (I think? :rip:) of New Music Daily on Apple Music, I don't think the song even passes the threshold required to be considered a single :celestial5:

Edited by Godly
Marshal_ac
1 minute ago, Selenasworld said:

That why mexico already outstreamed the US with this son :juanny:

ok? mexico is not the standard for what Spanish speakers like...

Selenasworld
Just now, Marshal_ac said:

ok? mexico is not the standard for what Spanish speakers like...

Mira USA es el segundo pais que hizo streaming a la canción y luego viene India, Brasil, Turquía, Perú etc 

It Ain't Me

de una vez is not the lead single.. solo fue una Introducción de su latin project.. no radio adds, no payola . no playlisting . no promo

BAILA CONMIGO coming NEXT WEEK

Mr. Blue_Shirt

It’s a really good song

You sure about that?

Ot: i mean this is her first official non-english song released by her so i'm expecting huge hit dd

KillingYourCareer

The song is unremarkable in every way. She'll release something more commercial next maybe.

DavidSMateus
32 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

It’s a really good song.

Perhaps it’ll grow in a few weeks/months?

:beatfreak:

It's not

1 minute ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

You sure about that?

Ot: i mean this is her first official non-english song released by her so i'm expecting huge hit dd

She has had several Spanish remixes for her The Scene singles, all sound awkward cause of her enunciation/accent making her Spanish sound too forced/messy. It’s gotten better but nothing that would build any demand over her English music dddd.

feelingsonfire

It's not being pushed anywhere, it's just an introduction to the project. We're waiting for Baila Conmigo which is out next week.

It’s not getting pushed, it’s more or less a buzz single before the more commercial lead aka Baila Conmigo. With that said, the song is meh, I was disappointed. 

Mr. Blue_Shirt
4 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

She has had several Spanish remixes for her The Scene singles, all sound awkward cause of her enunciation/accent making her Spanish sound too forced/messy. It’s gotten better but nothing that would build any demand over her English music dddd.

I think those spanish remixes were just cute little content for her singles back then but i don't think most people used it.

Yeah since her music career is mostly releasing english songs, i'm not surprised this song didn't debut that well. Starting from the bottom methinks

The song is cringe worthy, not surprised ppl from india brazil and turkey are the ones listening to this awful song, And spanish speakers countries with no taste like mx and Chile.:hippo:

It’s tacky to have song titles similar to another singer with the same name. Si Una  Vez AND Baila Conmingo.... did no one tell her?