Spotify uses TASTE to create playlists

cliche_display

"...data, research, trends"

I think this applies when something goes viral otherwise we can all guess what butters their taste $

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selenasworld

• ariananext

• Sept

• Truth Teller

Top Posters In This Topic

peterstyles13
3 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

They make their playlists the exact same way all streaming platforms do and the same way radio has been for decades. It's a mix of the sound and genre of the song, its hit potential or the success it's already having, the status of the artist, industry politics and timing. No idea why stans are always trying to turn that into a huge conspiracy 

I mean... I don't know why you proceed to say stans are turning it into a huge conspiracy when you yourself admit it involves industry politics, which is what people are mainly complaining about? :michael:

ariananext
11 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

Girl all tik tok vitals turn out to be hits and ate pushed #1 in TTH DUV is not viral 

Savage, which is one of the biggest TikTok songs ever, has less certifications than 34+35 and terrible peaks outside America, so this argument is pretty much not valid. Ariana hasn't flopped for a long time, she's probably the most reliable hit maker right now, who should Spotify put at #1 if not her?

Also, what did pov have to do with this?

Edited by ariananext
chaneloberlin

Y'all in here fuming omg

Ria

OT: I also wish Megan had great Spotify playlisting too, I can't laugh too hard

Selenasworld
26 minutes ago, ariananext said:

Savage, which is one of the biggest TikTok songs ever, has less certifications than 34+35 and terrible peaks outside America, so this argument is pretty much not valid. Ariana hasn't flopped for a long time, she's probably the most reliable hit maker right now, who should Spotify put at #1 if not her?

Also, what did pov have to do with this?

This is just mere speculation Selena has also huge hits in Spotify a Spanish era for Srlrna is already a huge promising project

Tinashegrande6
5 hours ago, Sept said:

BTW this is a response to Selenators' request for the reason why her new single is not on TTH :rip: 

Yeah other fanbases have gotten this exact same response from Spotify when they've asked this question before :dies:

I reckon their smaller playlists are curated by their staff, but TTH is all labels imo...

Selenasworld

Also this is not about Ariana :doc: it was. Just an example, 34 35 remix is pulling like 500k more streams than DUV and peaked at #2 in TTH and also this is just not only cuz TTH placement there's two big playlists in spanish with over 10M followers

Truth Teller
54 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

I mean... I don't know why you proceed to say stans are turning it into a huge conspiracy when you yourself admit it involves industry politics, which is what people are mainly complaining about? :michael:

Because, like I said, industry politics have played a part in determining all forms of playlists in the history of the industry. From radio to MTV to the new streaming platforms. "Today's Top Hits doesn't instantly include my unsigned fave, my has-been second fave or the 8th single my third fave released this year after 7 flops" is not scandalous. It's how the industry works.

TTH is, if anything, less of a closed circuit than radio. SZA is #3 and Doja's viral album track is in the top 15. Radio has barely touched these songs, but TTH latched onto them because of their numbers

ariananext
5 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

This is just mere speculation Selena has also huge hits in Spotify a Spanish era for Srlrna is already a huge promising project

what is speculations???

Also nobody said Selena's spanish project isn't gonna do good, I like the song and I'm looking forward to the rest, but why would you compare their Spotify promo when Ariana is 20 times bigger on the platform? It's obvious that Ariana would get a better spot, 11 out of her latest 13 singles were hits, whereas Selena's latest 5 singles flopped hard :skull: don't set homegirl up

1 minute ago, Selenasworld said:

Also this is not about Ariana :doc: it was. Just an example, 34 35 remix is pulling like 500k more streams than DUV and peaked at #2 in TTH and also this is just not only cuz TTH placement there's two big playlists in spanish with over 10M followers

you mentioned Ariana but when it backfired it's not about Ariana.. 34+35 streams are split, it's currently doing 4M daily and the remix isn't even gonna do anything in the long run cause the original version is already outdoing it.

Selenasworld
9 minutes ago, ariananext said:

what is speculations???

Also nobody said Selena's spanish project isn't gonna do good, I like the song and I'm looking forward to the rest, but why would you compare their Spotify promo when Ariana is 20 times bigger on the platform? It's obvious that Ariana would get a better spot, 11 out of her latest 13 singles were hits, whereas Selena's latest 5 singles flopped hard :skull: don't set homegirl up

you mentioned Ariana but when it backfired it's not about Ariana.. 34+35 streams are split, it's currently doing 4M daily and the remix isn't even gonna do anything in the long run cause the original version is already outdoing it.

Ariana is not 20 times bigger but go on she's not even 2x Selena, spotify changes a lot each time, Ariana is #1 female so far from male artists, and still not about Ariana i love Ariana I don't have nothing against her but I can write about her here lol, also there's a lot remixes that actually does good in spotify 

ariananext
3 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

Ariana is not 20 times bigger but go on she's not even 2x Selena, spotify changes a lot each time, Ariana is #1 female so far from male artists, and still not about Ariana i love Ariana I don't have nothing against her but I can write about her here lol, also there's a lot remixes that actually does good in spotify 

24 billion vs 13 billions is a pretty big difference, also again, all her 2020 singles flopped, all Ariana's singles since 2018 were hits minus 2. 4 hits in 2020 + a 2019 hit still charting on Spotify vs. 0 hits in 2020 and many failures, they're not in the same league on Spotify, hence no equal treatment.

Selenasworld
3 minutes ago, ariananext said:

24 billion vs 13 billions is a pretty big difference, also again, all her 2020 singles flopped, all Ariana's singles since 2018 were hits minus 2. 4 hits in 2020 + a 2019 hit still charting on Spotify vs. 0 hits in 2020 and many failures, they're not in the same league on Spotify, hence no equal treatment.

That's not true :bibliahh: anyone can have a #1 in TTH is not because you are Ariana Grande or the 10th most streamed Selena

ariananext
Just now, Selenasworld said:

That's not true :bibliahh: anyone can have a #1 in TTH is not because you are Ariana Grande or the 10th most streamed Selena

of course, but the fact that Ariana's the biggest female artist on Spotify is obviously gonna put her at the top whenever she releases, she's always gonna have the best treatment for them :gaycat2:

Soda Pop Queen

Taste?? In the 9+ years that I've been a subscriber, I have never used any of their playlists because of how lacking and unimaginative most of them are. You got to make your own playlists or listen to the ones that are done by people/artists NOT employed by Spotify.

Selenasworld
3 minutes ago, ariananext said:

of course, but the fact that Ariana's the biggest female artist on Spotify is obviously gonna put her at the top whenever she releases, she's always gonna have the best treatment for them :gaycat2:

In order of that you said Selena must have a place into the TTH only cuz she's big :dies: and she's on the 10th priority with 7M streams daily

ariananext
6 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

In order of that you said Selena must have a place into the TTH only cuz she's big :dies: and she's on the 10th priority with 7M streams daily

sure she's big, but if you put things into perspective I don't think she's flopped so many times in a row, add that this is a spanish project, of course it won't get a big push.

xfreshkidxx
1 hour ago, chaneloberlin said:

Y'all in here fuming omg

Ria

OT: I also wish Megan had great Spotify playlisting too, I can't laugh too hard

She does. :priceless:

Selenasworld
16 minutes ago, ariananext said:

sure she's big, but if you put things into perspective I don't think she's flopped so many times in a row, add that this is a spanish project, of course it won't get a big push.

Still don't make sense that last big hit before Olivia was a Spanish song

1 hour ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

Taste?? In the 9+ years that I've been a subscriber, I have never used any of their playlists because of how lacking and unimaginative most of them are. You got to make your own playlists or listen to the ones that are done by people/artists NOT employed by Spotify.

Not quite. Spotify has an amazing machine learning algorithm which makes the best suggestions based on your listening history.

Their Daily Mix and personalized playlists are divine

megan.thumb.gif.f4554d586863164d7093e906

Soda Pop Queen
11 hours ago, Sept said:

Not quite. Spotify has an amazing machine learning algorithm which makes the best suggestions based on your listening history.

Their Daily Mix and personalized playlists are divine

megan.thumb.gif.f4554d586863164d7093e906

Granted, it's been a while since I looked at company playlists but I'd still rather make my own (which are my concept based than mood based/trend based) or peruse through user playlists.

I’ve always thought streams within a playlist should be excluded from chart data :celestial6: It’s exactly the same thing as radio editors

Safe&Sound

Not with 9 Justin Bieber's songs spammed in 12 months span :skull:

even they appeared three times in that playlist :skull: