Zayn and Gigi reveal baby's name

A source close to the couple tells us Khai's name is a tribute to Gigi's grandmother -- on her dad, Mohamed's side -- who was named Khairiah. The name "Khai" also means "crowned" in Arabic whereas Zayn's last name "Malik" means "King" ... so baby Khai's name translates to "crowned king".

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/21/gigi-hadid-zayn-malik-khai-daughter-baby-name/

Edited by Fender
8 minutes ago, Marshal_ac said:

I love short names. what is the meaning?

A source close to the couple tells us Khai's name is a tribute to Gigi's grandmother -- on her dad, Mohamed's side -- who was named Khairiah. The name "Khai" also means "crowned" in Arabic whereas Zayn's last name "Malik" means "King" ... so baby Khai's name translates to "crowned king".

Marshal_ac
3 minutes ago, Fender said:

That’s awesome

KillingYourCareer

Oh wow I was expecting the typical embarrassing mess celebs always come up with, but this is nice!

Blackthorn
11 minutes ago, Junlin said:

They should’ve named it Zizi instead. :giraffe:

As a French speaker I gotta say non..

Edited by Blackthorn
"it" :biblio:
3 hours ago, Fender said:

This is kinda cute. But I don’t know why my brain can never reconcile to  Gigi having Iranian heritage. 

popmusicisdead

cute. was expecting something embarassing like Powerful Queen Cannon or something :deadbanana4:.

me and my brother both have 4-letter names and if i ever have kids i'd give them 4-letter names too. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
5 hours ago, Daddy said:

Reminds me of the male name Kai. Is It pronounced the same? 

The name it’s based on, Khairiah, isn’t pronounced like “Kai” - it’s a sound that’s difficult to describe in English. It roughly translates to “blessing” or “relief”. 

But the way Zayn has tattooed her name, is pronounced “Kai”, so they just borrowed the spelling elements from the grandmothers name & westernised the pronunciation. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, Rihbeyga said:

This is kinda cute. But I don’t know why my brain can never reconcile to  Gigi having Iranian heritage. 

Gigi is Dutch & Palestinian, not Iranian?  

Baby Judas
5 hours ago, Fender said:

Awwwww!! :heart2: