• Earned It
    • Hold On, We're Going Home
  2. 2. BIGGER?

• Earned It
    • Hold On, We're Going Home

Safe&Sound

2 Top 5 chill/lay-back R&B hits

Which one is bigger and better?

HOWGH is a classic and the thought of 2021 Drake (beefy and with a beard) playing the role of the hot hero in this video makes my kitty throb. I prefer it over Earned It but Earned It was bigger.

HOWGH for me. It was inescapable, and felt bigger. EI is one of the few Abel songs that doesn’t click with me. 

onewillowsilk

Hold On, We're Going Home is a classic record already. It'll be one of those tunes you play back years from now and bop to at a wedding or a party. It's timeless. 

Earned It is a nice tune but it just doesn't have that quality. Earned It performed a bit better but it wasn't exactly that much bigger.

Earned It: #3 peak on the Hot 100, 7x Platinum (last certification: March 2020), 18 weeks in the top 10. 

Hold On, We're Going Home: #4 peak on the Hot 100, 6x Platinum (last certification: June 2018), 13 weeks in the top 10. 

Year-End:

Earned It: #9 (2015)

Hold On, We're Going Home: #34 (2013), #55 (2014)

Both songs are major bops, though. Highlights in both Abel and Drake's careers. 

Safe&Sound
4 hours ago, onewillowsilk said:

Hold On, We're Going Home is a classic record already. It'll be one of those tunes you play back years from now and bop to at a wedding or a party. It's timeless. 

Earned It is a nice tune but it just doesn't have that quality. Earned It performed a bit better but it wasn't exactly that much bigger.

Earned It: #3 peak on the Hot 100, 7x Platinum (last certification: March 2020), 18 weeks in the top 10. 

Hold On, We're Going Home: #4 peak on the Hot 100, 6x Platinum (last certification: June 2018), 13 weeks in the top 10. 

Year-End:

Earned It: #9 (2015)

Hold On, We're Going Home: #34 (2013), #55 (2014)

Both songs are major bops, though. Highlights in both Abel and Drake's careers. 

Can I sum up that they're equally bigger?

Anyone knows their daily stream

I prefer HOWGH for sure.

But Earned It is the bigger hit. Peaked higher, charted higher on Year-Ends and has better streaming stats.