Madonna spoils details about upcoming biopic

The Queen Of Pop posted details about her upcoming Universal biopic on Instagram - are you excited to see this soon-to-be rated R cinematic experience, ATRL?

gwzAPl9.jpg

zrtz.jpg.c7ea0d4824a60017927d1315f1757ad

Unbenazrtzrtz.jpg.050c46daf061f7631efba5

Unbenrtzrtztr.jpg.654335d96d0352e07faaac

Some of the scenes, in no particular order

Spoiler

M performs "Like A Virgin" at the MTV Video Music Awards

Debbie and M do Coke
M meets stranger at street fair, he offers a place to stay
Montage of various first apartments in NY
M perform "Dress You Up"
M films the "Material Girl" video
Patrick Leonard... recording studio, starts writing "Like A Prayer"
M returns home, lays on bed stares at postcard of Frida Kahlo 
M models for photography class at New School, teacher is rude
Various tabloids show images of nude photographs of M
M resist... hospital, goes to AIDS Ward, speaks to nurse, spends time with patients 
Martins (Burgoyne) bedside weeks later, Martin is in pain, near death, M urges Martin to let go.
Madonna performs to Baba O’Riley, she’s 16yo (School Gymnasium) 1974
Madonna and Paula dream of the future (Family Room Bedroom) 1974

Sean wants to meet M
Sean proposes to M over Jellybean Benitez
Sean & M fight over drugs
Wedding reception 
Sean hits the paparazzo

The screenplay also covers 90's career highlights like 'Vogue' and Evita.

https://ew.com/movies/madonna-biopic-diablo-cody-movie-screenplay/

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangerInTheDark

• Lover

• Jjang

• tiagol88

Thinking Of You

This should’ve been a series on Netflix. It’s not smart to smush all these important moments into a 2 hour movie.

Both Sides Now

Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman did amazing things for the respective artists’ careers. Madonna has a better discog so this should be even better but I’m worried about her involvement in it :dancehall2:

4 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

This should’ve been a series on Netflix. It’s not smart to smush all these important moments into a 2 hour movie.

this would be iconic 

M & Debi do coke ksksksk

This is going to be a tragic film if she ends up doing her entire career. :rip: Stop at 1990 girl no one cares about what happens next. 

StrangerInTheDark
Just now, Jjang said:

This is going to be a tragic film if she ends up doing her entire career. :rip: Stop at 1990 girl no one cares about what happens next. 

Her being involved in it already cemented the fact that it's going to be tragic film.

On top of that this will probably end up being only biopic we will ever get... And we have to deal. Next few years are gonna be tough, she's gonna sweep at Razzies :rip:

bestfiction

I hope the movie keeps more focus on her rise to fame. Ending it with the Blond Ambition tour would be iconic, when she gets up on stage with her cone bra 

Just now, StrangerInTheDark said:

Her being involved in it already cemented the fact that it's going to be tragic film.

On top of that this will probably end up being only biopic we will ever get... And we have to deal. Next few years are gonna be tough, she's gonna sweep at Razzies :rip:

It's still up in the air. She's working with Oscar winning writers/producers (we still don't know if she's solo directly it or co-directing it, no confirmations) and this shtick of the untold story of the female martyr narrative kinda thing might sweep the critics tbh. 

27 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

I agree, especially if they are also going to include musical numbers. 

I know she addresses the drug issue on Devil Pray, but she was one addicted to drugs or Sean? :huh:

25 minutes ago, Jjang said:

We know stuff from Evita will be there so...

6 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

We know stuff from Evita will be there so...

You know I love me some Madge but 1977-1990 (maybe some early 90's) is the only time-table the GP would care about watching and the only period the critics would be able to sensationalize. I'm not even sure fans wants to see Evita etc... heck, I don't even want to see ROL era. Sure it's an iconic album blah blah but this is a movie not a lifetime documentary so I don't see how it would translate well to cinema. 

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

You know I love me some Madge but 1977-1990 (maybe some early 90's) is the only time-table the GP would care about watching and the only period the critics would be able to sensationalize. I'm not even sure fans wants to see Evita etc... heck, I don't even want to see ROL era. Sure it's an iconic album blah blah but this is a movie not a lifetime documentary so I don't see how it would translate well to cinema. 

This movie sounds like it's going "full circle". From the moment she loses her mom, to tbe moment she becomes one, and all her struggles in between. 

Losing her mother explains a lot about her. Finally becoming one was the beginning of a new Madonna phase. 

1 minute ago, tiagol88 said:

This movie sounds like it's going "full circle". From the moment she loses her mom, to tbe moment she becomes one, and all her struggles in between. 

Losing her mother explains a lot about her. Finally becoming one was the beginning of a new Madonna phase. 

But that's super tricky, it also means she'd have to cast like 5 Madonna's from totally different time periods in her life. :rip:

Not saying what you wrote doesn't make sense, I'm just failing to see how it would translate well into cinema. I hope she proves me wrong, of course. 

StrangerInTheDark
34 minutes ago, Jjang said:

It's still up in the air. She's working with Oscar winning writers/producers (we still don't know if she's solo directly it or co-directing it, no confirmations) and this shtick of the untold story of the female martyr narrative kinda thing might sweep the critics tbh. 

Well Diablo got lucky one time like 15 years ago, she's hardly a name... On top of that, Madonna's name alone as writer and director will inspire critics to drag her ego even more...

Madonna is not seen as martyr, and if she tries to portray herself as one they wil call her out for playing a victim card.

There is no WIN situation as long as she is attached to this project. If she wasn't, it would've been a different story.

nostalgia

That is a looooot to tackle in a 1.5-2 hour film... and that's just the 80s! My humble suggestion is to have the film focus on her young years to Like a Prayer or Vogue. Then if the film is successful, then it can serve a s jumpstart to a limited series for the 90s to 2000s era. But they already wrote the screenplay no?