Birdy - 'Young Heart'

juancsantoyo

really wish she went all the way for the witchy, mystery sound but this still magical af.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ichinaru19

• SUPER CANNES

• unino

• bendi_94

Chasing Comet

Her best album I fear :clap3:

I didn't expect her to top Surrender with Celestial Dancers :jonny5:

Edited by Chasing Comet
luckystrike

first listen rn and this Nobody Knows Me Like You Do praise on the thread is making me so happy :smitten: it's soooooo stunning

Ichinaru19

Ok I still need to give this a full listen but Nobody Knows Me Like You Do is serving a touch of Not About Angels :jonny5:

Riverwide

What a beeeeeautiful album. Surrender is sublime, but really it all sounds gorgeous…except weirdly enough, the title track. Not crazy on that one.

Ichinaru19
1 hour ago, Riverwide said:

What a beeeeeautiful album. Surrender is sublime, but really it all sounds gorgeous…except weirdly enough, the title track. Not crazy on that one.

Young Heart is a bit like Beautiful lies both a bit boring, but with Young Heart it's a tad too long but I appreciate the second half with the shift :jonny5:

Ichinaru19
Just now, Ichinaru19 said:

Young Heart is a bit like Beautiful lies (the song) both a bit boring, but with Young Heart it's a tad too long but I appreciate the second half with the shift :jonny5:

killer_rose

The album is amazing, so beautiful.

However, it feels a bit out of place as a Spring release. It's a winter album and I don't know if I listen to it that much with Summer approaching.

It is definitely not up there with Beautiful Lies which is 10/10 masterpiece, one of my all time favourite records.

Voyager, The Otherside, Loneliness, River Song, NKMLYD, Young Heart are absolutely perfect. :heart:

Ichinaru19
5 hours ago, killer_rose said:

The album is amazing, so beautiful.

However, it feels a bit out of place as a Spring release. It's a winter album and I don't know if I listen to it that much with Summer approaching.

It is definitely not up there with Beautiful Lies which is 10/10 masterpiece, one of my all time favourite records.

Voyager, The Otherside, Loneliness, River Song, NKMLYD, Young Heart are absolutely perfect. :heart:

The feels from the two album are pretty different, so I think for me it depends on what mood I'll be in. I just low how she is releasing quality albums :clap3: On a side note, although I do love her covers, I wish her first album wasn't a 99% cover album :deadbanana2:

Ichinaru19
Posted (edited)

The Witching Hour into Voyager :jonny5:Puts you in a good mood :jonny:

Edited by Ichinaru19
Grammar
Ichinaru19

Oh wait a damn second Nobody Knows Me Like You do being solo written and produced by Birdy :jonny5:

DancingShoes

This is beautiful and the way that she sounds like Joni on some of these tracks whew

Surrender is the best thing here but Second Hand News and Lighthouse are close.

bendi_94
9 hours ago, Ichinaru19 said:

Oh wait a damn second Nobody Knows Me Like You do being solo written and produced by Birdy :jonny5:

My top 2. She is SO DAMN TALENTED. 

original_lifeline

i wanted to dive in this record so bad, but i guess i'm not that 16 y.o. sad-ass depressed guy anymore. :biblio: loneliness and the otherside are good, though

Johnny Jacobs

I've waited 5 years for this album im scared to listen :monkey:

Ichinaru19
2 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

i wanted to dive in this record so bad, but i guess i'm not that 16 y.o. sad-ass depressed guy anymore. :biblio: loneliness and the otherside are good, though

You don't have to be depressed to enjoy this record :'(

1 minute ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

I've waited 5 years for this album im scared to listen :monkey:

Have you listened to any of the songs from the album? I love it! If you like Taylor's folklore and evermore you might like this album :)

ryoncé
5 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

what a weird perspective

you may not be depressed anymore but u clearly still have worms for brains if u cant enjoy this 

original_lifeline
1 hour ago, ryoncé said:

what a weird perspective

you may not be depressed anymore but u clearly still have worms for brains if u cant enjoy this 

i didn't ask for your invalid opinion. especially for calling out my brain only because i didn't like some piece of music. i didn't say i hate it, why hating me? go and do something useful and leave me alone, freak:bibliahh: