Slayyyter - 'Troubled Paradise'

Lmao I love the verses of Over This!, that's some real early 2000s band vibes

Overall it's alright, I really don't care for the title track or Clouds surprisingly. Like I said that faceless dancepop isn't the direction she should go, and most songs feel like they're missing something

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DearSociety13

• K$Ellie

• Verge of Obscene

• hétérosexuelle

Vulnicura

Over This! is great. Hope she can release fairly soon so I can support her and give some coins.

DearSociety13
15 hours ago, Orsay said:

genuinely so annoying that everyone on here is easily able to find leaks lol and then have the nerve to say they feel bad it leaked :rip: i’m not THAT bad at the internet and i can’t find it

The people listening to the leaks are fans & will still support when the album comes out.

The people that leaked it aren’t fans. They wanted to sabotage her.

There’s a difference. I’ve only listened to a couple songs, might listen to the rest. But I’ll still be buying the vinyl & CD closer to the release date.

1 minute ago, DearSociety13 said:

The people listening to the leaks are fans & will still support when the album comes out.

The people that leaked it aren’t fans. They wanted to sabotage her.

There’s a difference. I’ve only listened to a couple songs, might listen to the rest. But I’ll still be buying the vinyl & CD closer to the release date.

if it’s not easy for me to find a leak i take it as a sign from the universe. i was just pressed last night lmao. glad you’ll still be supporting her! i will definitely be streaming

DearSociety13
7 minutes ago, Orsay said:

if it’s not easy for me to find a leak i take it as a sign from the universe. i was just pressed last night lmao. glad you’ll still be supporting her! i will definitely be streaming

It's ok!! :laugh: I hate leaks for official projects & I don't want to listen to the rest but 4 months is a long time to wait. I might get tempted haha.

hétérosexuelle

Serial Killer production is intriguing 

The chorus needs some punch, could be amplified more

Over This! is a fabulous marriage between 00’s pop and more recent PC music movements

Villain is cute, I like it. Quite catchy and endearing

Letters is enjoyable. Slayyyter surprisingly shines on this pop ballad. inspired by Britney’s Everytime and Ari’s Ghostin?

This effort has higher highs than her mixtape imo. It sounds more developed.

hétérosexuelle
15 hours ago, Cain said:

Lmao I love the verses of Over This!, that's some real early 2000s band vibes

Overall it's alright, I really don't care for the title track or Clouds surprisingly. Like I said that faceless dancepop isn't the direction she should go, and most songs feel like they're missing something

I get your point

but Clouds lyrics are super depressing and allude to chronic depression, yet it’s a club banger

I don’t think it’s generic nor faceless due to that juxtaposition 

2 hours ago, hétérosexuelle said:

I get your point

but Clouds lyrics are super depressing and allude to chronic depression, yet it’s a club banger

I don’t think it’s generic nor faceless due to that juxtaposition 

Idk I think the instrumental is just too basic for me to even care enough about those lyrics

I’m also not into the whole Venom/Self-Destruct/Throatzilla sound, it feels like something other artists already do better

Now Over This! and Cowboys could be a cute lane for her

DearSociety13

This is from the quarantine music video she shot for Dog House last Spring!

Looks like it might be getting a single release soon (probably due to the leaks).

We're also getting a music video for Clouds. So 4 music videos for her debut album isn't bad at all!

Not this leaking MONTHS in advance?!?

Eh, I'll just wait for the official release to listen. I don't stan ha but she has some cute bops. Troubled Paradise (song) is a bop so I'm looking forward to listening.

the way Troubled Paradise turned out to be one of the worst songs tho (and it's still an 8/10) :swan:

• #FreeBritney Activist
Totami Legend

Waiting for the official release :matty:

hétérosexuelle

Clouds has been living rent free in my mind :jonny5:

idk if that song is that catchy or it’s telling About my mental state lol

”i’m unhappier than ive everrrrr been

Never thought i’d knowwww what it’s like to wiiiin

Say what you want, but i never thought i’d never end up here

Some days i feel good, then i really wanna disappear

I always got CLOUDS all over meeee

I always got CLOUDS all over meeeee”

:cries:

SpaceOddity
1 hour ago, Jtyoung said:

Are the lyrics for this album typed up anywhere yet?

Beyonnaise

Maybe with the leak taking away some of her hype we can convince her to add the "you and me were meant to be" song she cut to the digital album so there's a least something new when June rolls around :giraffe: also Heaven

hétérosexuelle

I won’t let you go

even when you’re sad

even if you ask me to

I want you to know

You can have my heart

If it hold on to

...I’ve been waiting all my life for you

:cries: