Jump to content

Britney vs Beyonce proof that longevity >>>> peak?


GiftFromGod

Recommended Posts

GiftFromGod

Britney had the bigger peak.

 

Beyonce has the longevity.

 

Beyonce is the bigger legend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Quenn

    9

  • PULSE.

    8

  • BrooklynBoy

    5

  • D.M.F

    5

In general yes, but if Britney didn't go through the whole mental breakdown thing and conservatorship she could have still had some chart success now. So maybe this is not the best comparison. Beyonce was lucky to have a great team behind her which pushed her forward in every way, made her grow and let her talent shine. Britney had a team vultures who pushed her towards the wrong way artistically, looked for any opportunity to take away from her at every corner, and left her in her own path of self-destruction at the time when she needed the most support. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ariananext

Britney is indeed more iconic, but Beyoncé is respected in the industry, always evolving, inspirational, most powerful artist of the past decades easily and probably the most talented too. Britney is THE pop star, but it's more about her iconic looks and a few hits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
selenachris

Both will be remembered for different things. Then in about 300 years nobody will remember them

Link to post
Share on other sites

They both will be the standout defining artist of the 00s along with Eminem. It really doesn’t matter who’s bigger and better. All that matters is they’re bigger than the rest 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ariananext
48 minutes ago, Brando said:

In general yes, but if Britney didn't go through the whole mental breakdown thing and conservatorship she could have still had some chart success now. So maybe this is not the best comparison. Beyonce was lucky to have a great team behind her which pushed her forward in every way, made her grow and let her talent shine. Britney had a team vultures who pushed her towards the wrong way artistically, looked for any opportunity to take away from her at every corner, and left her in her own path of self-destruction at the time when she needed the most support. 

this tho, it's so sad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
GreatestLoveofAll

Britney for all her troubles will still be synonymous with a period of time in pop culture more than Beyonce ever will so while Bey won in overall career and will be ranked higher in terms of legacy and all that, Britney will be far more memorable in terms of career moments. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are not really comparable, their styles are completely different, their music is completely different, their circumstances are also different and paths too.

 

Both are the biggest in their respective fields. 
 

Y’all insist in comparing them just because they are females that debuted around the same time :skull:

 

Imo I rather have Beyonce’s career than Britney’s, but they are around the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pheromosa
3 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Imo I rather have Beyonce’s career than Britney’s, but they are around the same.

I don’t think anyone would want Britney’s career. She’s been tortured since day 1 it seems :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are not comparable at all and this is unfair to both, Britney had a huge peak but she did stick around and is still here, Beyoncé had longevity but her peak is also impressive for a RnB singer. Just because they debuted around the same time doesn’t mean they are comparable. 
 

1 hour ago, Brando said:

Beyonce was lucky to have a great team behind her which pushed her forward in every way, made her grow and let her talent shine.

This is not fair. Everyone has their problems, Beyoncé also has a dad who ended up seeing her as nothing but money, stole money from her, publicly embarrassed her mother and her family and once in a while trashes her in the media. She fired him and since then, she fires and changes her whole team every 4 years so it can’t be all about her team and luck. 
Britney had awful people around her but the others didn’t manage to strive or pull through just because of luck or a team. That’s not fair. 

Edited by BnPac
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist

When comparing eras:

 

Peaks: BOMT - 31,662,000 vs. IASF - 17,830,000

2nd Biggest: OIDIA - 23,807,000 vs. DIL - 15,986,000

3rd Biggest: Britney - 13,119,000 vs. B’Day - 13,804,000

4th Biggest: ITZ - 12,301,000 vs. 4 - 7,899,000

5th Biggest: Circus - 7,188,000 vs. BEYONCE - 7,665,000

6th Biggest: Blackout - 4,649,000 vs. Lemonade - 4,353,000

7th Biggest: Femme Fatale - 4,356,000 vs. Everything Is Love - ~1M

8th Biggest: Britney Jean - 1,346,000 vs. The Gift - ~850k

9th Biggest: Glory - 874,000 vs. 

 

Britney has 6 studio albums that are bigger. Beyonce has two. Bey’s success is just more spread out because she released later. And if anything, Beyonce is an example that just because your label pays for airplay and pays for streams and releases more editions of your albums than anyone else doesn’t mean you’ll always have the #1 album. It’s crazy to think how fraudulent most of her numbers are (4’s digital “sales” in South Korea come to mind) only for her to get stomped by Britney.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BnPac said:

They are not comparable at all and this is unfair to both, Britney had a huge peak but she did stick around and is still here, Beyoncé had longevity but her peak is also impressive for a RnB singer. Just because they debuted around the same time doesn’t mean they are comparable. 
 

This is not fair. Everyone has their problems, Beyoncé also has a dad who ended up seeing her as nothing but money, stole money from her, publicly embarrassed her mother and her family and once in a while trashes her in the media. She fired him and since then, she fires and changes her whole team every 4 years so it can’t be all about her team and luck. 
Britney had awful people around her but the others didn’t manage to strive or pull through just because of luck or a team. That’s not fair. 

Fair points, thought u must agree Bey had a better team. Not to take away from any of her accomplishments. In the end, she knew better not to get into drugs and managed to keep her sanity despite the similar kid star to superstar route. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
53 minutes ago, Arcadius said:

Wasn't this just a topic like a week ago? :deadbanana4:

anything for a hit thread i'm afraid...

 

Debut song becoming the biggest debut song of all time and having the biggest selling debut album in the US of all time (practically eating up peers almost entire catalog sales on the first try)...20 years later pulling almost 7M in an overseas concert after having 3 decades of #1 solo albums and solo singles and billions of annual streams on one's catalog is my kind of 2nd place longevity:clap3: I'll take it:hippo:

 

But we support legends Britney and Beyonce no matter the redundant need to pit them against one another for posting traffic

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brando said:

Fair points, thought u must agree Bey had a better team.

Probably but I think more than a team, she had a better family. That’s where she lucked out.  Miss Tina (especially!!!) and Solange are a support system that endures and carries Bey (on a sanity part). Maybe Britney doesn’t have that. Although I am probably wrong as I have never heard anything negative or vulture-like about her mom. So hopefully she, at least, has a devoted mother. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
4 minutes ago, Eternium said:

When comparing eras:

 

Peaks: BOMT - 31,662,000 vs. IASF - 17,830,000

2nd Biggest: OIDIA - 23,807,000 vs. DIL - 15,986,000

3rd Biggest: Britney - 13,119,000 vs. B’Day - 13,804,000

4th Biggest: ITZ - 12,301,000 vs. 4 - 7,899,000

5th Biggest: Circus - 7,188,000 vs. BEYONCE - 7,665,000

6th Biggest: Blackout - 4,649,000 vs. Lemonade - 4,353,000

7th Biggest: Femme Fatale - 4,356,000 vs. Everything Is Love - ~1M

8th Biggest: Britney Jean - 1,346,000 vs. The Gift - ~850k

9th Biggest: Glory - 874,000 vs. 

 

Britney has 6 studio albums that are bigger. Beyonce has two. Bey’s success is just more spread out because she released later. And if anything, Beyonce is an example that just because your label pays for airplay and pays for streams and releases more editions of your albums than anyone else doesn’t mean you’ll always have the #1 album. It’s crazy to think how fraudulent most of her numbers are (4’s digital “sales” in South Korea come to mind) only for her to get stomped by Britney.

Beyonce and Britney are both legends and Beyonce supports Britney and vice versa.

 

It's not just Beyonce but it was weird to note that quite a few big radio stars from the 00s era didn't translate into massive sales. Prior to the 00s typically radio/promo and sales matched.

I never quite understood that you could have more audience to get into your music but they still said no more often than not.

 

It's good to know that the likes of Britney, Beyonce, Shakira, Pink and even JLO somewhat had a good run at a 20 year career of exceptional success highlights.

 

Kudos to my :heart:era of main pop girls. Whew. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Erreur2 La Nature

As it has been said, longevity is « better » than a huge peak.

 

Though Britney isn’t a basic case of someone that had a great peak, it’s not a great example for this comparison.

The main issue has been the conservatorship, the people in control of both her life and her career and the fact that all of this demotivated her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BrooklynBoy
40 minutes ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Britney for all her troubles will still be synonymous with a period of time in pop culture more than Beyonce ever will so while Bey won in overall career and will be ranked higher in terms of legacy and all that, Britney will be far more memorable in terms of career moments. 

Britney’s meltdown will not be in school history books..... Formation will be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BrooklynBoy
15 minutes ago, Eternium said:

When comparing eras:

 

Peaks: BOMT - 31,662,000 vs. IASF - 17,830,000

2nd Biggest: OIDIA - 23,807,000 vs. DIL - 15,986,000

3rd Biggest: Britney - 13,119,000 vs. B’Day - 13,804,000

4th Biggest: ITZ - 12,301,000 vs. 4 - 7,899,000

5th Biggest: Circus - 7,188,000 vs. BEYONCE - 7,665,000

6th Biggest: Blackout - 4,649,000 vs. Lemonade - 4,353,000

7th Biggest: Femme Fatale - 4,356,000 vs. Everything Is Love - ~1M

8th Biggest: Britney Jean - 1,346,000 vs. The Gift - ~850k

9th Biggest: Glory - 874,000 vs. 

 

Britney has 6 studio albums that are bigger. Beyonce has two. Bey’s success is just more spread out because she released later. And if anything, Beyonce is an example that just because your label pays for airplay and pays for streams and releases more editions of your albums than anyone else doesn’t mean you’ll always have the #1 album. It’s crazy to think how fraudulent most of her numbers are (4’s digital “sales” in South Korea come to mind) only for her to get stomped by Britney.

So you’re going to use those side projects that aren’t studios albums, but leave out DC albums? Okay 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist

Hmmmm, that thing about Beyoncé is that even after all these years of “longevity” she’s not entirely relevant in some parts of the world so in that regard that supposed longevity is lacking. Even some of her essentials like Lemonade bombed on every chart in Europe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
4 minutes ago, BrooklynBoy said:

Britney’s meltdown will not be in school history books..... Formation will be.

:ahh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...