Such a beautiful and empowering speech. She truly gets it. :clap3:

Proud of her :heart:

Archetype
13 minutes ago, kwek_kwek said:

Saint Stefani! :jonny:

What is this emoji :bloo:

@OP I love this!

discotitzz

She’s so fake, this is just like that nonsensical speech she gave sitting with the Dalai Lama :hoetenks:

8 minutes ago, discotitzz said:

She’s so fake, this is just like that nonsensical speech she gave sitting with the Dalai Lama :hoetenks:

So you disagree that white supremacy is bad and that white people need to hold themselves accountable for internalized racism? 

AllyGayTor
9 minutes ago, discotitzz said:

It's like y'all want her to be racists so bad, it's weird and I don't get it :toofunny3:

discotitzz
1 minute ago, Arthoe said:

So you disagree that white supremacy is bad and that white people need to hold themselves accountable for internalized racism? 

Don’t speak on racism to me, I’m a person of colour and don’t need you to tell me what I should deem acceptable as advocacy from a multi millionaire cis white woman 

aesthetic bih

:jonny:CHILLS

18 minutes ago, Archetype said:

What is this emoji :bloo:

@OP I love this!

The good sis jonny had a make over :jonny:

1 minute ago, discotitzz said:

Don’t speak on racism to me, I’m a person of colour and don’t need you to tell me what I should deem acceptable as advocacy from a multi millionaire cis white woman 

I'm calling bull****, especially since I've seen you talk sh*t about Miss Gaga on the US inauguration thread just moments ago. It's not about what she says, what she stands for or what she wants to stand for, it's just your personal disliking of her that makes you act like this.

Her speech covers a lot of ground of actual sociological discourse on racism, unlearning racism as a white person, racism being the cornerstone of the United States and her priviliged position as a rich white woman and trying to use the platform she was awarded by white supremacy to dismantle it, while also keeping BIPOC at the center of the movement. Like... non of that is nonsense as you try to imply. 

Marry Illusion Glory
5 hours ago, discotitzz said:

You literally are here trying to belittle and berate a white woman who understands her white privilege and systemic racism and has devoted her whole life to social advocacy all this while proudly sporting a picture of another white woman who never spoke about socio-political issues until it became comfortable and profitable for her, decades into her career? Someone who profited from being the icon of white supremacy for years with her music and her image? WHERE is the self-awareness? Did you even listen to what she said or you're just intent on embarrassing yourself every time in every Gaga thread? :rip:

Your don't get to choose to use your POC card to your advantage for pathetic stan points against an artist you hate when other POCs, including the ones who bestowed upon her this honor tonight, descendants of the great MLK, consider her an extremely effective and informed ally. I'm a person of color too and you don't speak for me. Enough. Seek help. :rip:

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory
discotitzz
Just now, Arthoe said:

I'm calling bull****, especially since I've seen you talk sh*t about Miss Gaga on the US inauguration thread just moments ago. It's not about what she says, what she stands for or what she wants to stand for, it's just your personal disliking of her that makes you act like this.

Her speech covers a lot of ground of actual sociological discourse on racism, unlearning racism as a white person, racism being the cornerstone of the United States and her priviliged position as a rich white woman and trying to use the platform she was awarded by white supremacy to dismantle it, while also keeping BIPOC at the center of the movement. Like... non of that is nonsense as you try to imply. 

You’re a stan, of course you’re going to defend her. Newsflash, I don’t care what you have to say. Argue with the wall. :zzz: