Search Party | S4 Out Now HBO MAX

DONTYELLATME

So this show is a show that I think should get more attention than it is. It’s full of dark humor and suspense and has great reviews. 

First 3 episodes on YouTube! S1 has a 100 percent on RT. Do not watch Season 4 trailer if you don’t want to get spoiled 

(Susan Sarandon Joins this season)

This is the most underrated show of all times. :jonny4: I hate people.

I'm waiting for my hubby to come from a business trip so we can watch it together. 

I just watched the 3 new episodes. WOW. Great to see Ann Dowd (The Leftovers/The Handmaid's Tale) in the 3rd one. I couldn't ask for another...

Edited by Ang3lus

Wasn't there already another thread for this show? Anyway, I can't wait for the next 3 episodes. I was expecting Susan Sarandon to show up in the last scene, but I guess we'll have to wait. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay these last 3 episodes were a lot better than the first 3. I'm still confused about what happened to the neighbor. Like, 

Spoiler

What did he do with her body? Also, I'm assuming the random guy at the marina who gave them a ride after their car was towed was paid off by Chip's family? And how did he brainwash her so easily?

Why is this thread so dead? What happened to the old one, was it locked?

I feel like I'm talking to myself :rip:

Anyway, I thought the last 4 episodes were exceptional. From the car chase scene with Susan Sarandon to what she does at the end of the 9th episode. I really thought they were going to end it like that, but I'm glad they didn't.

Fingers crossed for season 5

Now if I could just get someone to discuss the show with me...:'(

People are missing out on this!!!! But it’s so good and gunny and silly. The car scene with Susan made me laugh so hard. It may be the last season though :(

Walk_Away21
On 1/24/2021 at 4:33 AM, muramasa said:

Okay these last 3 episodes were a lot better than the first 3. I'm still confused about what happened to the neighbor. Like, 

Reveal hidden contents

What did he do with her body? Also, I'm assuming the random guy at the marina who gave them a ride after their car was towed was paid off by Chip's family? And how did he brainwash her so easily?

Why is this thread so dead? What happened to the old one, was it locked?

I just binged the whole series in January and finished S4 last night. Love the show but the first 6 episodes of S4 were UNWATCHABLE for 90% of them. I skipped through every Dory scene and that horrible villain deserves a a Razzie. At least the end of the season was better, but I was annoyed at the S4 ending. Saw it coming but it felt cheap without spoiling anything. Hopefully S5 can be redeemed.

3 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

I just binged the whole series in January and finished S4 last night. Love the show but the first 6 episodes of S4 were UNWATCHABLE for 90% of them. I skipped through every Dory scene and that horrible villain deserves a a Razzie. At least the end of the season was better, but I was annoyed at the S4 ending. Saw it coming but it felt cheap without spoiling anything. Hopefully S5 can be redeemed.

I don't think the first 6 episodes were terrible, but they were definitely more difficult to watch especially after the hilarious 3rd season, which I think is my favorite

Also: Cole Escola was playing it like his character in Difficult People, but unhinged. I can see why he would be grating, but I think it worked. I was happy with the ending because it means things don't have to be drastically changed for the next season

Edited by muramasa
Walk_Away21
1 hour ago, muramasa said:

I don't think the first 6 episodes were terrible, but they were definitely more difficult to watch especially after the hilarious 3rd season, which I think is my favorite

Also: Cole Escola was playing it like his character in Difficult People, but unhinged. I can see why he would be grating, but I think it worked. I was happy with the ending because it means things don't have to be drastically changed for the next season

My problem is I feel like Dory is almost irredeemable. Which was fine when it was more comedy. But now that they've gone more serious with it, I don't want to root for her at all.

This show is absolutely underrated, which is crazy given we are 4 seasons in already. The four main cast members are stellar and I'm impressed they were able to get Susan Sarandon and Ann Dowd this season. John Reynolds (Drew) is just... :smitten2: 

15 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

My problem is I feel like Dory is almost irredeemable. Which was fine when it was more comedy. But now that they've gone more serious with it, I don't want to root for her at all.

Yeah, she was a bit difficult to root for, especially after finding out that she walked back into the trunk, but for me it was more difficult to watch her multiple failed attempts to escape. I just wanted to see all the characters together and it took too long for it to happen. And at the end, I was kind of waiting for her to go full evil and commit murder, but I guess she wasn't totally unhinged like I thought she was.

Also, I know a lot of people also hate Chantal, but her lack of self awareness and empathy is so amusing since its even worse than all the other characters', who are already lacking in those areas. 

16 hours ago, Everest said:

This show is absolutely underrated, which is crazy given we are 4 seasons in already. The four main cast members are stellar and I'm impressed they were able to get Susan Sarandon and Ann Dowd this season. John Reynolds (Drew) is just... :smitten2: 

True, and I think they definitely deserve an Emmy nom at least. I feel hope it's some sort of Schitt's Creek situation where they wait until their last 2 seasons to give them their proper recognition, assuming there's going to be more seasons of Search Party to come.

Walk_Away21
4 hours ago, muramasa said:

Yeah, she was a bit difficult to root for, especially after finding out that she walked back into the trunk, but for me it was more difficult to watch her multiple failed attempts to escape. I just wanted to see all the characters together and it took too long for it to happen. And at the end, I was kind of waiting for her to go full evil and commit murder, but I guess she wasn't totally unhinged like I thought she was.

Also, I know a lot of people also hate Chantal, but her lack of self awareness and empathy is so amusing since its even worse than all the other characters', who are already lacking in those areas. 

The Chantal episode was my season highlight 😂😂😂