Do you (and the GP) consider Doja Cat a popgirl or a rapper?

MingYouToo

Do you (and the GP) consider Doja Cat a popgirl or a rapper?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider Doja Cat a popgirl or a rapper?

• popgirl
    • rapper
  2. 2. Does the GP consider Doja Cat a popgirl or a rapper?

• popgirl
    • rapper

FloridaKilos
7 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Ok but that’s still not the whole album. :skull: 

5 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

...and only two of those singles can be considered Pop (“Say So” and “Like That” <- a stretch).  :rip: 

“Rules”, “Shine”, “Cyber Sex” are not Pop.  :laugh: 

5 out of 12 tracks, it's damn near half the album. :laugh: And Like That is pop. Regardless, Say So is pop and it was the biggest song on the album.

TheFameMonster

She's so versatile, so I guess "pop girl" is better to describe her as a wider term.

theweekend

a pop singer. her genre is pop, she also raps on it but it looks more as a trick than her overall image. I do bet gp see her that way, besides say so is her most well known song and it's everything a pop singer would serve in 2020.

dangerousalex

she needs a rap hit to get more people familiar with her ability that she can rap despite her singing and rapping in all of her songs. Tia Tamera or Rules could’ve been the one to do that but neither were pushed. Also it looks like Streets will become her next hit which is also a predominantly singing song with a rap verse despite being R&B and not pop sooooo I guess we’ll have to wait and see. 

Pink Matter
38 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

she needs a rap hit to get more people familiar with her ability that she can rap despite her singing and rapping in all of her songs. Tia Tamera or Rules could’ve been the one to do that but neither were pushed. Also it looks like Streets will become her next hit which is also a predominantly singing song with a rap verse despite being R&B and not pop sooooo I guess we’ll have to wait and see. 

This. She currently for known for one of her poppiest songs so far. I think people who aren't familiar with her music may feel she's a pop singer that raps. Once she starts racking up rap hits, things will change. Hopefully DC3 does the trick! :duca: 

Kool_Aid_King

She's not a rapper. She's a popstar who raps. Are we considering Nicole Scherzinger and Taylor Swift rappers now?

dangerousalex
1 hour ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

Apple Music lists her as R&B 

that would be accurate if we’re discussing the instrumental aspect. She did debut with a predominantly R&B album so

On 1/14/2021 at 1:02 AM, MingYouToo said:

As much as homegirl raps and does her hiphop thing, she fits the popstar label sm more. She could be a la Beyonce and Rihanna in the sense that they rap-sing in their hits. She has an AMAZING singing voice to boot and can DANCE circles among all MPGs bar Beyonce.

this performance is campy, rapstar and vocalist all in ONE.

She is a pop star with the ability to rap. Similar to cases like Chris Brown and etc.

Gay Twitter sees her as a rapper and the GP sees her as a pop star