is olivia a more basic lorde

Karla Cabello

Karla Cabello

not trying to tear down olivia, but singing about heartbreak has been done since the beginning of music and the bananis avocadis voice doesnt help. saying that i still like the song, its really catchy.

i do find it similar to when lorde came out, but what was refreshing about her was that she came out singing about being a new zealand teenager against fame and money. her outsider perspective gave her and edge olivia doesnt have

3zg56pwp.gif

Everyone is more basic than Lorde, so that’s not saying much. The fact that she gets compared to Lorde is a major compliment.

Delirious

She plagiarizes Lorde but unfortunately does a terrible job at it... :deadbanana2:

ChrisTheLoner

She's a very watered down Lorde if that's what you're trying to get at

3zg56pwp.gif

DL is better than any song Lorde has ever released tbh. And I don’t even know this Olivia girl

This is obviously a biased answer, but I think these judgments are being made because Lorde is such a hyper-developed artist. If you compare Gen-Z teen pop stars to Lorde when she was releasing music at their age, they simply pale in comparison. This is not a diss on Olivia or any of the new pop stars influenced by her artistry, but it just demonstrates just how high Lorde set the bar for her successors.

izzyinsane
35 minutes ago, Delirious said:

She plagiarizes Lorde but unfortunately does a terrible job at it... :deadbanana2:

:rip:

7 minutes ago, BPD said:

DL is better than any song Lorde has ever released tbh. And I don’t even know this Olivia girl

BPD

No, but how are people going to judge this when Olivia has only released one song, and also they’re completely different artists lyrically and sonically.

That aside, she’s debuting at #1 with her debut single. Literally no other girl has done that. It’s hard enough for the “current” main pop girls to get a #1, even harder for some solo. 

She's like an improved Billie Eilish.... but Lorde? The one hit wonder from 2013?? Driver's Licence is already bigger than Lorde's one hit. 

BigBangStan
11 minutes ago, Jynx said:

She's like an improved Billie Eilish.... but Lorde? The one hit wonder from 2013?? Driver's Licence is already bigger than Lorde's one hit. 

Improved Billie? stop setting her up :rip:

duybeeGAshantiGA
21 minutes ago, Jynx said:

Lorde is so critically acclaimed you can't stand it.

1 hour ago, Jynx said:

Improved Billie :deadbanana2:

is olivia a more basic lorde

yes :hippo:

2 hours ago, Jynx said:

you are OORH.

thank u, next :coffee2:

It's hard to compare any 17 year old to 17 year old Lorde. Some of ATRL's faves were never able to write something as good as Ribs and they're reaching their 40s

3zg56pwp.gif