Alexis Jordan and Wynter Gordon Appreciation Thread

rihannabiggestfan

rihannabiggestfan

Wynter Gordon now goes by Diana Gordon*

My fellow Americans will probably know Wynter more cuz she was featured on Flo Rida's hit "Sugar," while Alexis' feature on the international hit "Got 2 Luv U" by Sean Paul sadly flopped in the US.

The way these 2 Americans had massive hits in Europe and Oceania in the mid/late 2000s or early 2010s, while none of their lead-artist material charted in the US  :monkey:Anastacia teas (also Kelly Rowland's dancepop discography from 2008-2012 teas, and even Princess Superstar with "Perfect" and Azealia with "212").

In terms of non-Americans with internationally-successful dance-influenced songs from circa 2010 that the US paid dust charts-wise, Dutch singer Esmee Denters with "Outta Here" comes to mind as well as Swedish queen Robyn with "With Every Heartbeat," "Call Your Girlfriend," and "Dancing on My Own" and even the underrated (sad she never ended up releasing an album!) Barbadian-British singer Jodie Connor with "Bring It" and "Good Time".

------

Happiness may be one of my favorite songs of all time, and I originally didn't like it. I think it aged amazingly, so atmospheric and EUPHORIC. And her powerful vocals, very effortless and underrated!

"I gotta hurry hurry hurry, quick quick quick" is iconic :cm: and the humming "mmm mmm mmm" part

I love the way she sings "See, what you're bringing me, boy, is priceless - I gotta be out of my mind not to try this" with a very full voice

I also love the chorus becomes more big and euphoric each time.

through strength, I found love. In time, I found myself in hAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS with you

through strength, I found LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE.

The music video suits the song a lot too!

My other favorites:

---------

and my favorite Wynter songs, with the biggest hit (and my favorite) being Dirty Talk. I love her falsetto voice in the chorus and the instrumental is such a BOP.

My other favorites:

Appreciate them as well as other artists the US paid dust tbh :cm:

I remember Happiness being everywhere in the U.K. and I hated it with a passion, I thought it was the most boring song ever, then like 2 years ago I listened to it again and loved it :rip: Good Girl and Hush Hush by her are also bops!!

I also remember dirty talk being huge but I could never get into it and still can’t :thing: 

rihannabiggestfan
1 minute ago, May said:

I remember Happiness being everywhere in the U.K. and I hated it with a passion, I thought it was the most boring song ever, then like 2 years ago I listened to it again and loved it :rip: Good Girl and Hush Hush by her are also bops!!

I also remember dirty talk being huge but I could never get into it and still can’t :thing: 

It truly aged like wine, how did she do that :jonny4:. A lot of other songs from that era can't relate.

Roc Nation managed her so terribly in the US, smh Jay-Z :clown:

Misguided Ghost

"Happiness" was huge in my country (and probably in many european countries as well), still love it

Lazerbeamz

YESSSS Love both of them, especially Wynter. Buy My Love is THAT bop :jonny5: 

Also for some reason I categorize them both in the same group alongside Kat Deluna and Alexandra Burke :rip: maybe cause they were of that era and didn’t fully break through, idk

I'd also add Alesha Dixon here, even though she peaked a bit earlier and is British. Breathe Slow is everything.

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
11 minutes ago, tost1 said:

I'd also add Alesha Dixon here, even though she peaked a bit earlier and is British. Breathe Slow is everything.

Yes, Ma’am. :clap3:

I LOVE “Breathe Slow”.

By far, one of the best songs released by a British Pop/R&B act this century.

It was also a breath of fresh air following the awful “The Boy Does Nothing”. :rip:

St. Francis

Wynter/Diana deserved and still deserves so much more.

Alexis had some bops too.