Katy Perry x Pokémon - "Electric"

KatyMyLady
21 minutes ago, Music2002 said:

Max Martin produced half of Witness and also was the executive producer of the album. It is evident that Katy and Max do not work well together, based on the quality of Witness.

Besides Never Really Over, everything on Witness is better than anything else she has released since, in my opinion. 

witness inspired. 

I am convinced if the videos and marketing was better, Bon Appetit and Swish Swish would’ve been massive massive hits. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tistotal

• Virtual_Insanity

• Fastlane

• KatyMyLady

Witness is not better than Smile in any capacity, imo.  Witness sounds overproduced and lyrics are stretched to fit the sound way too much.  There are obviously some great tracks, but half is filler and there is very minimal filler on Smile.  Even WMAW is way better than the filler of Witness.  So I have to disagree.

Synth pop Katy is the direction she needs to continue in.  It suits her very well.

ultraviolence.xx

witness >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> smile

KatyMyLady
34 minutes ago, spree said:

Witness is not better than Smile in any capacity, imo.  Witness sounds overproduced and lyrics are stretched to fit the sound way too much.  There are obviously some great tracks, but half is filler and there is very minimal filler on Smile.  Even WMAW is way better than the filler of Witness.  So I have to disagree.

Synth pop Katy is the direction she needs to continue in.  It suits her very well.

Smile is too comfortable, besides NRO in my opinion. 

she needs the direction of smile, with the boldness of witness. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Ivan_brit

Predicted to debut at #67 at UK offical chart :giraffe:

Virtual_Insanity
1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

Predicted to debut at #67 at UK offical chart :giraffe:

That is its position on the midweek charts, not a prediction. It will be lucky to stay in the chart by Friday ! Would be great to see it chart even at 99 !

Not Like The Movies

witness is miles better than smile but i like both

loveisdead9582
6 hours ago, KatyMyLady said:

Besides Never Really Over, everything on Witness is better than anything else she has released since, in my opinion. 

witness inspired. 

I am convinced if the videos and marketing was better, Bon Appetit and Swish Swish would’ve been massive massive hits. 

Swish Swish was still hella cringe. Bon  Apetit’s verses were the weakest part of what was otherwise a fun song. That and the terrible verse from Migos

Virtual_Insanity
7 hours ago, KatyMyLady said:

witness inspired. 

They got her image and visuals completely wrong for Witness. She didnt need to go all dark and weird, that does not work for her at all. But I think looking back at interviews and performances and stuff she was not in a good place, mentally at that time. As well as  that she was stick then and gaunt looking. It is unfortunate because the album is mostly great. That woeful Hey hey hey is the only thing I skip. 

Souvenir
Posted (edited)

her saying "ELECTRIC!" makes me laugh for no reason but it's a bop

Edited by Souvenir
Fenty Perry

The estimated points for Electric is 58 points which would debut top 80 last week, but due to J.Cole’s new album , I guess we are heading towards another Bubbling Under debut :rip:

• #FreeBritney Activist
Tistotal
1 hour ago, Fenty Perry said:

The estimated points for Electric is 58 points which would debut top 80 last week, but due to J.Cole’s new album , I guess we are heading towards another Bubbling Under debut :rip:

just saw that, it would need 62 points to debut :bibliahh:

and Electric's playlisting is already going down :psyduck: we are coming from low numbers in playlisting reach to 0 

She needs to release fun music again. She just...dropped it after PRISM and it definitely hurt her.

mlaredoperez
14 hours ago, Music2002 said:

Max Martin produced half of Witness and also was the executive producer of the album. It is evident that Katy and Max do not work well together, based on the quality of Witness.

Max also produced half of TD & Prism

skankle

Witness is significantly better than Smile. We need A-list producers again instead of former Gabbie Hanna collaborators 

Katy Perry GIF by Vanity Fair

WitnessOblivia

Smile > Witness :giraffe:

26 minutes ago, skankle said:

Witness is significantly better than Smile. We need A-list producers again instead of former Gabbie Hanna collaborators 

I'd rather have Gabbie Hanna producers than A-List producers that give us songs like Hey Hey Hey

Electric is still a bop. But why are we expecting it to even chart? It literally had no push whatsoever. I'm happy it's doing well on Youtube though.

SchmoodRing

The only dud on Smile is the title track. Literally everything else was actually good. While Witness was either a hit or a miss. Their definitely are some gems on the album like Roulette and Deja Vu but clearly whatever was going on with her behind the scenes affected and translated her output because their was just such a disconnect with her look and sound. It was just all a mess.

SchmoodRing

If she actually works on catering pure pop perfection and working with Zedd and Tiesto she could actually have a resurgence. Also very criminal of her to make WHAT MAKES A WOMAN the full extended version an exclusive as well as HIGH OF YOUR SUPPLY just a target bonus like 😑 

Virtual_Insanity

Do a certain fanbase never get tired of making low level threads to drag Katy ? Honestly the obsession is disturbing. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Tistotal
2 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

If she actually works on catering pure pop perfection and working with Zedd and Tiesto she could actually have a resurgence.

I totally agree with this, a dream. I know Katy would make magic with them :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Do a certain fanbase never get tired of making low level threads to drag Katy ? Honestly the obsession is disturbing. 

No, they won't. But don't fall for their games dragging other artists. 

OT: Do we know how much it did on its 3rd day on YouTube? 

Spotify

1st day: 1,233,594

2nd day: 817,617

3rd day: 658,806

4th day: 685,361 (+26,555)

Total: 3,395,432

13 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

No, they won't. But don't fall for their games dragging other artists. 

This. 

They just losers seeking attention. Ignore them.

-

Still listening this great bop   :jamming: