Jump to content

Katy Perry x Pokémon - "Electric"


Recommended Posts

Mattyboy
20 hours ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

IF this is true theres no point in releasing it, as it has no chance of doing anything. 

So wait, let me get this straight.. You don’t think she should release it because you don’t think it’s gonna be a “hit”?.. And you’ll only listen to it if it’s playlisted and promoted?.. Yeah this site did some damage.

 

I was just excited for the song personally. But damn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Tistotal

    90

  • Virtual_Insanity

    66

  • Fastlane

    39

  • KatyMyLady

    36

Virtual_Insanity
45 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

So wait, let me get this straight.. You don’t think she should release it because you don’t think it’s gonna be a “hit”?.. And you’ll only listen to it if it’s playlisted and promoted?.. Yeah this site did some damage.

 

I was just excited for the song personally. But damn.

Of course I will listen to it. I played Smile to death. But I just don't see the point of throwing a track out there for no reason, especially if she went to the trouble of shooting a video, going on GMA, teasing it. What's the point if it is not being sent to radio ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
WitnessingKP

She should release music because it’s her job and she obviously wants to...period. Katy is never going to smash the way she used to :deadbanana4: and I don’t even think she cares anymore. She’s happy and we should be grateful that she’s feeding us even though she’s been flopping consistently... not many pop stars do that. 
 

just enjoy the music :heart:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
tearysperry
3 hours ago, Ferret said:

Is this reliable?

yes, they have contacts with trusted sources.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Thickorita
1 hour ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Of course I will listen to it. I played Smile to death. But I just don't see the point of throwing a track out there for no reason, especially if she went to the trouble of shooting a video, going on GMA, teasing it. What's the point if it is not being sent to radio ? 

pokemon is a multi-billion corporation with way too much money to throw around on things like this so at the end of the day it's just a paycheck for her

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Of course I will listen to it. I played Smile to death. But I just don't see the point of throwing a track out there for no reason, especially if she went to the trouble of shooting a video, going on GMA, teasing it. What's the point if it is not being sent to radio ? 

I get your point but tbh she worked on the song for a quick check, Katy is a great businesswoman. I think she got paid like a million dollars to get her brand attached to this track, so in the end it doesn't matter if it becomes a hit or not. Except for stans' bragging purposes of course :cm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ferret

I’m just happy we’re getting a new song. I don’t know why people are worried about the radio performance or Spotify positions. That should be a concern for her team, not for us. Like, obviously , it would be great if it’s sent to radios but that’s it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't realise pre-saving helps with Spotify playlist support. Everyone do it, let's get it on today's top hits!

Link to post
Share on other sites
KatyMyLady
1 hour ago, WitnessingKP said:

She should release music because it’s her job and she obviously wants to...period. Katy is never going to smash the way she used to :deadbanana4: and I don’t even think she cares anymore. She’s happy and we should be grateful that she’s feeding us even though she’s been flopping consistently... not many pop stars do that. 
 

just enjoy the music :heart:

 

How many times does she need to SCREAM that she’s not chasing the “top spot” anymore. Agreed agreed agreed. Let’s be grateful she’s feeding us SO much 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Virtual_Insanity
1 hour ago, Thickorita said:

pokemon is a multi-billion corporation with way too much money to throw around on things like this so at the end of the day it's just a paycheck for her

Oh.. this is prob going to sound dumb but I didn't even think about the fact that they paid her for the song. LOL

 

And yeah, that is one thing she is great at doing - getting herself involved and making money. She is a very viable name and that is the key these days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Virtual_Insanity
6 minutes ago, KatyMyLady said:

How many times does she need to SCREAM that she’s not chasing the “top spot” anymore. Agreed agreed agreed. Let’s be grateful she’s feeding us SO much 

Gurl no one said anything about this chasing the top spot, I was thinking about a cute top 30 peak. Chill out. :falcon:

Link to post
Share on other sites
KatyMyLady
7 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Gurl no one said anything about this chasing the top spot, I was thinking about a cute top 30 peak. Chill out. :falcon:

Lol I’m not attacking you, I’m perfectly calm my love. It’s all good

Link to post
Share on other sites
Virtual_Insanity
1 minute ago, KatyMyLady said:

Lol I’m not attacking you, I’m perfectly calm my love. It’s all good

Ok no worries ! Meanwhile can someone make a base thread about how Katy has been named 4th female on the 2010s decade list by Billboard, one spot ahead of Gaga. Like that is huge !! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally, what is wrong with being excited for a bop and if it's as good as people say it is, it would be nice if it was a cute top 40 hit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mattyboy
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Gurl no one said anything about this chasing the top spot, I was thinking about a cute top 30 peak. Chill out. :falcon:

Not every song has to be a hit tho. And this is a song to promote Pokémon, not for Katy herself. Social media and online presence is where the target audience is for Pokémon.. You think kids these days are listening to radio? :rip: 

Edited by Mattyboy
Link to post
Share on other sites
KatyMyLady
1 hour ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Ok no worries ! Meanwhile can someone make a base thread about how Katy has been named 4th female on the 2010s decade list by Billboard, one spot ahead of Gaga. Like that is huge !! 

Teaaass this is majorrr. I’m so proud of Katy 😭 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm excited either way, chart or no chart, and I know it's going to be amazing, but it's just going to be exhausting around here, that's all.  Over on Pulse there isn't any drama like on here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fastlane

I had a dream today and this was a part of the chorus. :mazen:

 

"Even if your path is dark and boogers are thrown at you, be electric."

 

:toofunny2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
soknockedout
7 minutes ago, Fastlane said:

I had a dream today and this was a part of the chorus. :mazen:

 

"Even if your path is dark and boogers are thrown at you, be electric."

 

:toofunny2:

Future top 10 incoming :WAP:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Virtual_Insanity
2 hours ago, KatyMyLady said:

Teaaass this is majorrr. I’m so proud of Katy 😭 

Me also. Why has this thread not been made. Let's go Katy-cats! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Virtual_Insanity
1 hour ago, spree said:

i'm excited either way, chart or no chart, and I know it's going to be amazing, but it's just going to be exhausting around here, that's all.  Over on Pulse there isn't any drama like on here.

Well there shouldn't be much drama tbh. If the song is not sent to radio it's not a US single so won't be a big deal if it flops. If it is sent to radio and flops expect a hundred base threads ending with Why ? Surprised ? I fear ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
crossbonezolo

Is this coming out at midnight NZT or midnight EST?

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, crossbonezolo said:

Is this coming out at midnight NZT or midnight EST?

midnight EST along with the premiere of the music video

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...