A dark theme is now available to ATRL+ members. ×

Mariah disses Caution.

jdmc219

The way the majority of people in this thread are incapable of actually deciphering what she actually meant about the recording process and the instant grat releases.

ASfjOdN.thumb.gif.0b81819d7f33b4314c3b2b

She said it's still a great album, but that she wishes she could have taken her time with it.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• eli's_rhythm

• Pecinta Mariah

• Don't Stop Me Now

On 1/13/2021 at 11:00 AM, feelslikeadream said:

We could tell it was rushed. If she had more time to get in more recording sessions, she obviously would have created stronger songs to replace SLLY, OMG, Portrait, etc.

SLLY would’ve been top 5 on Chanteuse and Memoirs though.

11 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

The way the majority of people in this thread are incapable of actually deciphering what she actually meant about the recording process and the instant grat releases.

ASfjOdN.thumb.gif.0b81819d7f33b4314c3b2b

She said it's still a great album, but that she wishes she could have taken her time with it.

But it doesn’t make sense because it’s a brilliant album as is. She may have overworked it and overstuffed it if given more time, as she has a tendency to do. It’s so good because it’s short and sweet.

2 minutes ago, eli's_rhythm said:

But it doesn’t make sense because it’s a brilliant album as is. She may have overworked it and overstuffed it if given more time, as she has a tendency to do. It’s so good because it’s short and sweet.

Your signature 

ASfjOdN.thumb.gif.0b81819d7f33b4314c3b2bASfjOdN.thumb.gif.0b81819d7f33b4314c3b2bASfjOdN.thumb.gif.0b81819d7f33b4314c3b2b

4 minutes ago, eli's_rhythm said:

SLLY would’ve been top 5 on Chanteuse and Memoirs though.

Tea for Memoirs...it's trash.

Edited by suburbannature
17 hours ago, campelo said:

Caution it's her best album since Emancipation and it's not a typical Mariah Carey record, actually it's not a typical vocalist diva record. It doesn't have really those ballads wich are showcases of her vocals but once again her vocals aren't the same from the 90s. I think it was bold of her to release a record that goes against the tide. 

I was hoping Caution was the birth of a new way of her making music but I guess we will return to Chanteuse or Memoirs days. 

Please nooo... I hope not

We want Caution part II mom

On 1/13/2021 at 10:59 AM, Both Sides Now said:

This isn’t really a diss... She basically said that she wishes her vocals were in a better place and that she could have had some more time to include more songs. 

Slightly tangential, but I think when artists are reigned in a bit, their work can be a lot better. We saw what happened when Mariah tried too many things on one album (MIAM... TEC). It happens with a lot of artists. 

Mariah’s comments about reviewers are spot on. Looking at some of her earlier reviews is ridiculous. I didn’t listen to Charmbracelet for a long time because of its 43 on Metacritic. That album turned out to be exquisite. They definitely botched so many reviews based on what was going on with a pop artist’s personal life rather than the actual music. 

The reviews of Charmbracelet literally call her a crazy woman and mock her breakdown. :skull:

Well release a deluxe edition . I felt like the album was too short away. If she thought the vocals were not her best, she can always re record em :gaycat1:

On 1/13/2021 at 8:31 PM, its_britney_bitch said:

It’s interesting what she said about instant grats, she was so right about that. GTFO had a lot of hype but they threw it all away because it wasn’t the “real single”. And then when you only have 10 tracks, releasing 4 of them before the album is released kinda ruins the first listening for fans. You would think Mariah Carey would have more control over that. They don’t seem to do that with newer artists (that I’ve noticed). And I love that she acknowledged that lambs want the albums to do well.

Exactly, releasing 4 songs from a 10-track album kinda killed the hype back then.

Also, fans didn't get why they went with With You as a lead, even though the song has aged so well.

The Distance and A No No could have been bigger hits. Wtf, her label did a bad job promoting the record, and **** ageism.

Pecinta Mariah
13 hours ago, Cloudy said:

If she doesn't put the wine down and shut her damn mouth :angry: Don't try it with Caution Mariah it's an awsome album

nnn drag ha

She can seethe

PlayingWithFire

She didn't diss, and I get her frustration. Caution still remains flawless, and I think it will me her most timeless album :clap3:

GML and 8G still on heavy rotation for me