• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• eli's_rhythm

• Pecinta Mariah

• Don't Stop Me Now

Idk why, but for

me its a cohesive album and its good top

to bottom, if she had taken her time we would have ended up with a elusive chanteuse mess type of an album! When sis delays albums, they go off track

Lights and Waves

It could use like two more tracks, but she really delivered one of her best albums 20+ years into her career. I thought the vocal delivery was fine!

Just now, EnoughSaid said:

What a bitch! The album is amazing and I still use it, she should have released The Distance as the first single and that's HA FAULT

The Distance is the only great best track of album

Don't Stop Me Now

I listened to that whole part about Caution thoroughly, and I don’t agree with anything she said except for how the album was handled. Epic releasing 3 songs before the album dropped, was tragic. Especially when the album only had 10 tracks to begin with. Her voice was in top shape during that era, and there weren’t any notes that she couldn’t translate in a live setting. As far as her voice being in a better place vocally, I’m not so sure about that. Especially when even doing “live” performances from home, there were vocal effects. 

Her most overrated album...

Yes, there are a few gems (read: With You, Giving Me Life, Caution, Portrait), but the rest is just okay.

Edited by elvenOCEAN

What? The short tracklist is its strenght. One song per co-producer and no doubles/fillers. 

I've always had this feeling that 'Caution' is a one time little miracle in a post-Butterfly discography riddled with "Y'all know what this is..." and staleness.  

I can see where she's coming from the Vocal standpoint and adding more songs... but the length was lowkey perfect. She should put out a re-release Deluxe though, that would be cute :hippo:

She didn't lie about the Critics thing though. It's wild how TEOM has a 64 on Metacritic or whatever :rip: 

Caution it's her best album since Emancipation and it's not a typical Mariah Carey record, actually it's not a typical vocalist diva record. It doesn't have really those ballads wich are showcases of her vocals but once again her vocals aren't the same from the 90s. I think it was bold of her to release a record that goes against the tide. 

I was hoping Caution was the birth of a new way of her making music but I guess we will return to Chanteuse or Memoirs days. 

I bought it because she's my Queen of music. But except for 8th grade and Giving Me Life and the great, unjustly unreleased, "Runway". The album is not that good. 

I get what she means but like someone above said, its shortness and simplicity was its strength. I also enjoyed MIAMTEC too so I don't mind the approach as long as there's some good songs on the finished product.