Jump to content

drivers license breaks Drake's all-time record in US Spotify


TayDine1989

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Thuggin

    19

  • Cryptique

    9

  • onewillowsilk

    9

  • QueenofCopyPaste

    7

Fitzswiftie
1 minute ago, GeminiCat said:

Ariana didn't smash like this until years after her debut. Selena and Demi still don't have hits to their name that will be as big and iconic as drivers license. I know it's a different landscape now in the peak streaming era and the other girlies debuted more in the digital era or transition from digital to streaming but still, to make a debut like THIS is just, whoaaa. 

The Way lowkey did though

 

230k debut week

3.4m pure by year end

#19 on Year End Hot 100

 

She just didn’t start have MONSTER smashes until ME.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

Everyone screaming she ended Drake not seeing that the 4 other songs in the top 5 biggest streaming days on Spotify US belong to him :rip:

 

Happy for her but the other side of this is it sets unrealistic expectations for whatever she drops next. Roddy Ricch hasn't made another hit as big as the Box, Lil Nas X hasn't made another hit as big as Old Town Road and Travis Scott hasn't made another hit as big as Sicko Mode. It's very difficult to surpass yourself when you're already peaking this high with your first single. 

 

For her sake, I hope her next couple singles also smash because otherwise, she'll be label a one-hit wonder and will be tied to success of this song for the rest of her career. 

 

Some of you need to stop being disrespectful mentioning icons who have smashed for 10+ years and saying they've being stomped on because a 17 year old dropped a debut single that's smashing. I know it's an overreaction but still. 

you’re comparing her to obvious one hit wonders :rip: she’s literally getting exposure because of the story, not because her hook was catchy like those other songs. her album will be HUGE

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fitzswiftie
2 minutes ago, GeminiCat said:

Ariana didn't smash like this until years after her debut. Selena and Demi still don't have hits to their name that will be as big and iconic as drivers license. I know it's a different landscape now in the peak streaming era and the other girlies debuted more in the digital era or transition from digital to streaming but still, to make a debut like THIS is just, whoaaa. 

The Way lowkey did though

 

230k debut week

3.4m pure by year end

#19 on Year End Hot 100

 

She just didn’t start have MONSTER smashes until ME.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

If you can call her Filipino when she’s half then he can call her white. No double standards.

 

People need to call her what she is - biracial and just leave it at that.

Lol this is SO true. Filipinos don’t claim H.E.R because they are anti black but they are quick to claim Olivia because she’s white passing despite both being equally Filipino.

 

People aren’t ready for that convo yet though.

girl, what. if anything we filipinos love to claim anyone that have international impact. filipinos who are anti black are mostly old and gen z are pretty much woke. you can scroll thru twitter and facebook to see that filipinos are much more invested in tweeting blm compared to our own issues. :rip:

 

ot: stomp stomp stomp:jonny6:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fitzswiftie said:

The Way lowkey did though

 

230k debut week

3.4m pure by year end

#19 on Year End Hot 100

 

She just didn’t start have MONSTER smashes until ME.

i get what they’re saying though, olivia doing this is like ariana having a 7 rings with her debut at 17 while she was still filming victorious :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Girl... :rip:

It’s one song and it’s going viral on TikTok. The Disney-watching tweens are streaming it mercilessly. The ‘Male’ response will probably do big #’s. Let’s wait until she releases a second/third single single or album before talking about her stomping on anyone at their peaks.

 

”OTR” did the same thing in 2019. 
 

 

OTR was doing 100m streams for multiple weeks in the US alone and the girls here didn’t Stan this hard :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked up. The hashtag Drivers License amassed 750 million views on TiKtok already. In comparison to Savage Love, a huge TikTok viral that has 1.9 billion it goes to show that this is getting major exposure from the app.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Before the Dawn

People here legit thinking she's gonna last :rip: it will be funny to see yall realizing this is just a fluke. She will be irrelevant by year's end, bookmark me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
chaneloberlin
1 minute ago, onewillowsilk said:

Everyone screaming she ended Drake not seeing that the 4 other songs in the top 5 biggest streaming days on Spotify US belong to him :rip:

This, the way she literally obliterated what little records the '10s pop girls records had in the first place in its first two days, and here we are in day 5 and she finally managed to catch up to Drake :clap3:

 

Its girls with Tinashe avis commening on the shady posts. :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fading said:

Just looked up. The hashtag Drivers License amassed 750 million views on TiKtok already. In comparison to Savage Love, a huge TikTok viral that has 1.9 billion it goes to show that this is getting major exposure from the app.

for comparison, the hashtag #selenagomez has only 2.3b views, meaning this song along is already like 1/3 of selena’s exposure on the app in history in less than a week 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fitzswiftie said:

The Way lowkey did though

 

230k debut week

3.4m pure by year end

#19 on Year End Hot 100

 

She just didn’t start have MONSTER smashes until ME.

And Ariana was not even the main character in a Nickelodeon program. I was truly SHOOKED when The Way hit #1 itunes. I remember shading her for being a carbon copy of Mariah Carey back in the day kiiii 

 

5XrymXr.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Before the Dawn said:

People here legit thinking she's gonna last :rip: it will be funny to see yall realizing this is just a fluke. She will be irrelevant by year's end, bookmark me.

clutch your pearls because she’s going to become bigger overall than a certain oscar winner overall in a few years :coffee:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

OTR was doing 100m streams for multiple weeks in the US alone and the girls here didn’t Stan this hard :rip:

because lil nas x isn’t a girl. duh

Link to post
Share on other sites
GoodGuyGoneGhetto
20 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

you can be both white AND filipino :rip:

Yeah... Cool.

 

Clearly my point went completely over your head.
 

:lmao:

 

18 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

ol this is SO true. Filipinos don’t claim H.E.R because they are anti black but they are quick to claim Olivia because she’s white passing despite both being equally Filipino.

 

People aren’t ready for that convo yet though.

This is what I find hilarious in itself. :lmao:

 

H.E.R has deep brown skin with naturally kinky/textured hair and is very Afro-centric in both her look and image...

 

Thus I’m not surprised that she wouldn’t be as supported nor acknowledged by most of her fellow south-east Asians in comparison to her White/Mixed counterpart whose features fall in line with your typical, light-skinned Filipino woman.

 

The fact that people didn’t even know H.E.R had a Filipino mother (and a Black Father), yet automatically claim Rodrigo as being Filipino despite having a White Mother is certainly interesting...but NOT shocking AT ALL!

 

15 minutes ago, Sept said:

H.E.R is Asian??? :deadbanana2:

Yes. She is. She’s spoken about it numerous times also. 
 

14 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

who said that?? we Filo ATRLers are proud of H.E.R.

 

6 minutes ago, Margaux said:

filipinos who are anti black

I’m also Black/Jamaican & Nigerian (Mother) and mixed South-East Asian/Malaysian (Father) and I’ve dealt with this sh*t my entire life so it’s not surprising to me at all. 

 

H.E.R is completely ignored by most of the Filipino community and for OBVIOUS reasons. I’ve seen many excuses that it’s because she sings “R&B/Hip Hop” music which is absolute bullsh*t.

 

The way they’re up in arms stanning this fair skinned, half-White Woman isn’t news to me. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto
Link to post
Share on other sites
Before the Dawn
4 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

OTR was doing 100m streams for multiple weeks in the US alone and the girls here didn’t Stan this hard :rip:

Because atrlers hate male artists, even more so if they're black, even more so if they're gay. But it is pretty much the same situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Before the Dawn said:

People here legit thinking she's gonna last :rip: it will be funny to see yall realizing this is just a fluke. She will be irrelevant by year's end, bookmark me.

I think her first era will be huge, but I just checked her IG and she isn’t blowing up like I expected. Right now the song is bigger than her. She needs to make her profile huge to have lasting impact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
starataneori

this girl is breaking records left and right we cant wait for whats next

Edited by starataneori
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

for comparison, the hashtag #selenagomez has only 2.3b views, meaning this song along is already like 1/3 of selena’s exposure on the app in history in less than a week 

I wonder if streaming was a huge thing in 2009-2010 the slayage Miley, Selena, Demi and JoBros would've done at the Hot 100.

Back then they barely could peak inside the top 10 because of lack of radio support, even tho they had big numbers in pure sales.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kyoto said:

I think her first era will be huge, but I just checked her IG and she isn’t blowing up like I expected. Right now the song is bigger than her. She needs to make her profile huge to have lasting impact.

wdym? she literally had 2m followers a few days ago i- she’s gaining followers faster than ariana

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cryptique
1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

The way they’re up in arms stanning this fair skinned, half-White Woman isn’t news to me. 

LIES

 

Bruno Mars is literally our King of POP.. :dies:

he ain't black but he's clearly a POC thanks to his Filipino genes :johnald:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Before the Dawn
3 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

clutch your pearls because she’s going to become bigger overall than a certain oscar winner overall in a few years :coffee:

I'm gonna guess you're setting her up because she's competition for Ariana.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thuggin said:

wdym? she literally had 2m followers a few days ago i- she’s gaining followers faster than ariana

Yes, but she is doing 15m daily streams on Spotify. I expected way more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...