lana: "trumps presidency was needed"

Karla Cabello

2 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

“We needed Trump to heal the world” is literally something only privileged white people say - because they have the luxury of doing so.

I was about to say this...

The people agreeing with her are either rich and white, stans, or not american.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grown K

• Karla Cabello

• Namie-Knowles

• Hongbin

Mariah's Glove

It’s a stupid and pointless thing to say in an interview promoting your new album but I think everyone agrees that it sorta was like shining a light on roaches hidden under a table

It definitely showed just how broken this country really is, but I’m not sure “needed to happen” is the best way to say this  

but once again people will just rampage about this for a day or two for some retweets and then forget about it because people don’t actually care, they just want internet clout :rip: 

Edited by Mariah's Glove

No this presidency did not need to happen. Yes, racism was festering under the surface in America. It always has and always will be, but before the racist were mostly too scared to share their prejudice in full view. This presidency gave legitimacy that racism is acceptable and now we are on the brink of full blown white supremacy in this country willing to lynch the VP and members of Congress. IT WAS REALLY NOT NEEDED and will take decades to get back into remission.

She's an idiot and a narcissist herself so she should keep her mouth shut with her constantly flirting with rightwing and patriarchal imagery. She and her music and the ideals behind them ARE a huge problem and anyone who buys or streams her music should think it over and reconsider because you are perpetuating these ideas.

Edited by Edit0rz
Spelling

Did she lie though? Not only Trump but all this conservative wave that we've been facing for the past few years was needed so people would wake the **** up and vote for the right people. And it kinda worked since a lot of countries are voting the conservatives off power in recent years. She did not lie y'all just want to pick on her because she's an easy target rn.

45 minutes ago, Shinning said:

Must be really nice to be so privileged you get to feel like this.

EXACTLY. The whole 'it's good that it happened because now we see the racism in the US' is BS. Like the people on the receiving end didn't know BEFORE Trump??? 

stjosephprey4us
58 minutes ago, devonedelrey said:

Y'all now do not even now on what to pick at this point, lol she clearly proved hers

This gave me a headache trying to decipher

stjosephprey4us
55 minutes ago, Hongbin said:

She might wanna get away from that country club because those chemtrails are doing a number on her.

:dies:

ChrisTheLoner
50 minutes ago, Valtersen said:

it’s so taken out of context :rip: she said it was needed for people to see how deeply the problems lie in the us, so there once would be a wake up point (2020)

the not very smart people running in here canceling her for this :rip: educate yourself on the subject before 

This! Gotta love ATRLs lack of reading comprehension :skull:

I mean she's not wrong.

Y'all are only hearing it as a controversial headline and not understanding what she's actually saying (typical ATRL)

She's not condoning any of his actions/inactions, she's CLEARLY talking about how his presidency has made the divide in the USA quite evident and it all culminated at the Capitol last week and that because of it there is a larger sense of what type of change is needed.

• #FreeBritney Activist
BlackoutZone
18 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

“We needed Trump to heal the world” is literally something only privileged white people say - because they have the luxury of doing so.

Underprivileged people and POC have known the world is narcissistic and doesn’t care about them since day one. How lucky that we had to elect an incompetent demagogue who stripped away their rights, jeopardised their safety and left millions dead in the process for Lana Del Rey and friends to realise it too.

So disappointed in her. Sometimes it’s better to just be quiet and listen than to run your mouth about things that sound a lot more profound in your head, but Lana has repeated this same mistake time and time ago lately while showing zero inclination to grow and learn.

This truly just sums it up. Imagine having to erase a “terrifying death toll” to prove your point. I thought we left behind the “Trump is an opportunity to to heal” narrative in 2016, but apparently not.

:clap3:

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 minute ago, 305 said:

I mean she's not wrong.

Y'all are only hearing it as a controversial headline and not understanding what she's actually saying (typical ATRL)

She's not condoning any of his actions/inactions, she's CLEARLY talking about how his presidency has made the divide in the USA quite evident and it all culminated at the Capitol last week and that because of it there is a larger sense of what type of change is needed.

1 hour ago, Keshasbxtch said:

Honestly, his presidency did really show us how deep rooted racism is in the US. I’m not saying it didn’t exist before. But at least we know how prominent it is. And how we can begin to even start a change. 

Many including me back in 2016 stated, Trump's presidency is a trick. It was a plan to bring out all the roaches and rats(racists kkk,proud boys,tea party etc) from their hiding and disguises. So that they are dealt with in decades to come and changes can begin for certain institutionalized racist policies and people. 

Bad_vocal_technique

She is still not choosing her words carefully. Oh well, I still love her music and know she means well :gaycat2:

OneAndOnly

So stupid but her stans will continue defending her and say “ATRL can’t read” or something.

26 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

Underprivileged people and POC have known the world is narcissistic and doesn’t care about them since day one. How lucky that we had to elect an incompetent demagogue who stripped away their rights, jeopardised their safety and left millions dead in the process for Lana Del Rey and friends to realise it too.

So disappointed in her. Sometimes it’s better to just be quiet and listen than to run your mouth about things that sound a lot more profound in your head, but Lana has repeated this same mistake time and time ago lately while showing zero inclination to grow and learn.

100% correct

TheCheetahwings
1 hour ago, Caesar said:

i mean she kinda didn’t lie. people didnt really pay attention to politics 

1 hour ago, itsnickcray said:

Well did she lie? I agree that it needed to happen so the dumb people could see how important it is to vote.

nothing but a smart comment from Lana.

People "paying attention to politics now" is not a good enough reason considering that if Trump lost in the first place- then clearly people were voting like they should be.

wehavetostan
31 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

Namie-Knowles

Americans aint need to learn ****. Non white Americans have been screaming at the top of their lungs for 400+ years. Even with all that happened this year, 75 Million people, 80+% of them white, still voted for him. If you think his presidency will teach white people anything, think again. Lmao. Lana nothing needed to happen because White Americans don't care enough.

i spit on haters
8 minutes ago, Jay L said:

Annie Mac was not here for Lana's BS :deadbanana2:

Wow. She's incredibly dense. :deadbanana4:

10 minutes ago, Jay L said:

WOT is she doing

Marge GIFs | Tenor

She makes a good point beneath the messy delivery. Trump is awful. But his presidency shone a light on deep-rooted racism in America, #MeToo and the culture of narcissism rampant in the the west.

11 minutes ago, Jay L said:

"The quote is taken out of context!!!" y'all need to accept she's just a straight up IDIOT :rip:

Does she have a PR at all? :rip: