Least respected legend among GP: Madonna, Mariah or MJ?

Donquizote

Don't Stop Me Now
2 minutes ago, Joey.... said:

right? imagine thinking that withered hag is in Mj's stratosphere

Madge doesn’t even have half the talent MJ had.:ahh:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• Don't Stop Me Now

• Koe

• Joey....

• #FreeBritney Activist
SinnerCity

Madonna definitely. She's got moments when she has earned respect from her peers and industry but overall she's been trashed left and right. 

23 minutes ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

Madge doesn’t even have half the talent MJ had.:ahh:

Neither do a lot of artists, and yet she's always referred to as "The Queen of Pop" and mentioned alongside MJ, Elvis and The Beatles as the biggest selling acts in the world, but do keep trying. 

20 minutes ago, Brinny Baby said:

Madonna, her talent is still questioned

The nerve....

4m73.gif

Brinny Baby
1 minute ago, GlamSlam said:

The nerve....

Britney isn't a legend, nor is she part of the title

But if Madonna fans need to drop down to icons instead of legends to win fights, I guess that answers the question even more!

Madonna but i have the impression that it's better to be annoying and remembered than to have people feeling indifferent about you. I mean, some other "legends" seem to be more respected mainly because they are low key and aren't bothering anyone. Madonna always made some people hot and bothered for ridiculous reasons, people here say her Instagram is a reason for disliking her like wtf?.

Edited by TipToe
46 minutes ago, Brinny Baby said:

Britney isn't a legend, nor is she part of the title

But if Madonna fans need to drop down to icons instead of legends to win fights, I guess that answers the question even more!

Who's fighting? Madonna is both an Icon AND a legend. You were the one that said "Her talent is still questioned" so that's why I dragged Brinny into it to highlight the irony. It's clear you can't stand Madonna and will say anything to belittle her. Time to get a life, babe.

Edited by GlamSlam
1 hour ago, The Grinch said:

Mariah at this point simply has casual listeners. A recording artist with her amount of hits should easily be the biggest touring act in the world and she is constantly a contender to be weakest touring act of all time.

Her artistry isn’t acclaim at all and that’s why she is constantly being left out of “Best Of” publications that have nothing to do with success. Madonna is way more respected.

I agree. Mariah has only performed 400 concerts in 30 years and grossed around $300 million from those shows.

There is a reason why she only performed 25 concerts in the entire 1990s decade. And that reason is called flop. I mean she needed a whole hour in 1996 to sell 200,000 tickets at the Tokyo Dome... Today... everyone can sell twice as fast and twice as many tickets, duh.

The way Japan rejected her was nice in comparison to Australia... where her 3 concerts in 2013 only grossed $6 million.

I mean when was the last time she sold out Madison Square Garden...? 2019... I mean... 29 years after her debut... that's embarrassing. No forreal... everyone can book like 20 sold out nights in a row... one...? flop.

Also, these statistics show... that she really is - as you rightfully said - "the weakest touring act of all time." (another record for the local one).

Armani👑
2 hours ago, Everest said:

After Leaving Neverland, probably Michael Jackson. Kinda tanked his reputation for a lot of people.

It lasted for like 3 months then went back to normal lol

KenzMinaj

I think Mariah. For the new generations she's the girl who sings the Christmas song. Many people don't know her legacy. 

2 minutes ago, KenzMinaj said:

I think Mariah. For the new generations she's the girl who sings the Christmas song. Many people don't know her legacy. 

Then what is madonna?

• #FreeBritney Activist
Enzolorenzo

I don’t think it’s Madonna. She’s still a big touring act so clearly people respect her enough to pay a lot of money to see her perform. Although I feel like she was much more respected in the 00’s, easily the most respected legend out of the three. 

Edited by Enzolorenzo
KenzMinaj
3 minutes ago, Hongbin said:

Then what is madonna?

Songs like Like A Prayer, Hung Up, Material Girl or La Isla Bonita are still known to the general public. People know that she had many hits through her career. This is just my opinion. 

It's Michael. Most people do not have strong feelings on the other 2. Michael Jackson has fans but for those that aren't and the large group of people that believe the accusations he is despised. Madonna and Mariah may not be universally loved but they are acknowledged as important artist. They are just no longer at their peak and therefore not as widely praised. 

In terms of respect it goes Madonna then Mariah then Michael but Mariah is definitely more liked than Madonna.

1 minute ago, KenzMinaj said:

Songs like Like A Prayer, Hung Up, Material Girl or La Isla Bonita are still known to the general public. People know that she had many hits through her career. This is just my opinion. 

Right and Mariah's streams and what not are all fake, am I right? Yass.

brainmaniac

Michael Jackson by far. The public thinks Mariah is mentally ill/lost her voice and thinks Madonna is an attention seeker.

However, the public thinks Michael Jackson is a pedophile and it doesn’t get any worse than that. 

Madonna and it’s not even close. Eventually that will change but it will probably be after she dies.

king_queen

Ok so Madonna is respected but in a completely different way than Michael and Mariah. I honestly think she’s respected for her business mindset the way she’s been able to stay relevant over the years. But she was/is/never will be considered the greatest at one particular thing like Mariah was from 92-96 and like Michael is considered the greatest performer to ever live. That’s why I feel she’s the least respected. Yes, she’s talented but Madonna NEEDED to be successful to garner the respect she now receives. All Michael or Mariah ever needed to do was release great music and show their talent on stage. That sort of **** lives on forever, not the controversy and hoopla that surrounded Madonna throughout her career.

Alongoria13
2 hours ago, Hongbin said:

Then what is madonna?

Madonna is the blueprint of all the girls, her sound was literally the sound of 2020 sweetie.

--

Madonna is the least respected for sure, she has surrounded herself with controversy and she  is constantly pushing people's buttons. She gets mad respect in the industry, the people who know how hard it is for a female artist, but not the average joe who likes to trash her for her age or for being vulgar and in your face.

Michael Jackson has pedo vibes and Mariah Carey does not compare to MJ and Madonna at all lol, she doesn't generate conversation or spark interest the way the other two do. She gets dragged for dressing like a badly wrapped tamale but no one questions her talent. Madonna gets discredited everyday, specially on this site where disposable  homosexuals hate on her because she outsells their faves tenfold, they delude themselves by constantly calling her irrelevant but just look at the long hateful posts she gets here trying to diminish her in favor of some bland twat like Taylor Swift, if she were a man no one would question her, oh well.

Edited by Alongoria13
3 hours ago, Joey.... said:

right? imagine thinking that withered hag is in Mj's stratosphere

ATRL lives in their own reality :lmao: