lana debuts interesting instagram comment

Karla Cabello
16 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

The artist who received backlash from multiple black artists (such as Princess Nokia) and had to include 2 Chainz on a remix of the track after 7 rings was blasted with racially charged criticism of cultural appropriation? Kk yeah but my examples don’t apply I guess :heart2:

nice try sweetie

princess nokia is not even black sis......

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 80x100

• Karla Cabello

• stjosephprey4us

• mxoonlight

rihannabiggestfan

Princess Nokia: "I started as a person a couple years ago, when making [my album] Metallic Butterfly. I started rediscovering and discovering things about myself, and this world, that really make sense. First and foremost, I’ve always identified as afro-indigenous. It was a big part of my identity growing up, and the people who raised me wanted to reinforce it. My foster mother, despite my feelings I have about her, was a very proud black, afro-indigenous, Puerto Rican woman."

umm... how are people saying she's not black?

oh, is it the "foster" part

Edited by rihannabiggestfan
3 minutes ago, Selena Gomez said:

Not her trying to say she's not racist because she dated rappers as if all rappers are black and Eminem, G-Eazy, MKG and others don't exist. :ahh:

G-Eazy is literally one of the rappers she dated. I actually dk what other rappers she has dated. Maybe A$AP Rocky?

The way Lana keeps exposing how dumb she is :deadbanana4:

She can't stop herself from letting her inner Karen out it seems

stjosephprey4us

stjosephprey4us

Princess Nokia has Afro Indigenous roots. Whether or not she identifies as black she’s still a woman of color. So replace “Ariana steals from black women” with “Ariana steals from women of color” and you’ve still got a match :huh:  Satisfied? 

why did we have to bring up princess nokia in this thread? :deadbanana2:

anyway, this is a literal "i have black friends" type excuse.

11 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Princess Nokia: "I started as a person a couple years ago, when making [my album] Metallic Butterfly. I started rediscovering and discovering things about myself, and this world, that really make sense. First and foremost, I’ve always identified as afro-indigenous. It was a big part of my identity growing up, and the people who raised me wanted to reinforce it. My foster mother, despite my feelings I have about her, was a very proud black, afro-indigenous, Puerto Rican woman."

umm... how are people saying she's not black?

oh, is it the "foster" part

this was the tweet/page that started the discussion, i believe 

im not gonna comment for obvious reaosns but yeah... 

i mean arianas tan situation is messy but she never said "look i have non white friends and dated rappers, look how i'm not conservative guys"

like thats just on another level os mess

the way she can't realize that racial injustice is NOT about her. 

for her, it's all about how she's portrayed vs how she really is in her mind. the endless victimization about her image being tarnished... paragraphs and paragraphs of tears and excuses... but not for ONE second did she look outwards and focus that passion to help black people.

i love lana's music, but her behavior has been extremely narcissistic as of late. I think the acclaim she got with NFR got to her head a little 

Groteskou

This comment is literally a non issue outside of ATRL. But I guess some of you really have nothing to do.

Read a book.

• #FreeBritney Activist

Tbh she shouldn't have even addressed this

ppl with a brain in their heads could tell those are her friends and that's it

but she just made it worse :dies:

She either didn't learn from the whole "question for the culture" fiasco from last year OR she learned the wrong sentiment from it which is that this is a way for her to get her name trending and is now attempting to use this as promo. Either ****ing way she needs to give her main social media account over to PR people and keep this kinda **** on her finsta only her friends have access to. This is honestly so embarrassing. 

Lana is a lost cause. I don't even bother with her anymore. I just listen to her music

FinleyGates

Her obsession with these like 4 other girl friends. They are her girls squad like it is 2015 again!

jakeisphat

"... my boyfriends have been rappers."

"I'm not the one storming the capital [sic]." 

:skull: Sometimes she really makes me feel regret for liking her music. 

JawBreaker

Should've just posted the cover with no explanation. :rip:

People would've said a thing or two about it of course. But her writing this dumb post surely made it worse :toofunny2:

I wish she would stop giving the idiots attention and embarrassing herself in the process.

She needs to just stop commenting on certain things for her own sake. She has all the right to speak her mind, but the energy should go into the music and not the IG posts.