Jump to content

lana debuts interesting instagram comment


Recommended Posts

Karla Cabello

the cover is beautiful why did she have to ruin it. she needs to let art speak for itself...............

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 80x100

    5

  • Karla Cabello

    5

  • stjosephprey4us

    4

  • mxoonlight

    4

Every single sentence in this comment... :priceless:

 

The "changing the world" part made me scream ngl. Oh, and btw, Del Rio is in Texas not Mexico! :lmao:

Link to post
Share on other sites

For ****s sake, just spare the coin for a social media assistant before all the goodwill and hype from NFR is evaporated. 

 

Lana is pregnant with COTCC and these comments are like doing line after line and not caring the poor dear is going to be born so ****ed up. :shakeno:

Link to post
Share on other sites
stjosephprey4us

I really don’t understand why racism continues to be an issue that is brought up in conjunction with her art. She has never said anything racist in any way. Ignorant? Yes. However “Karen-izing” a white woman, especially one who in no way is proven racist and who has been subject to unnecessarily misogynistic lashings by the media in the past, is unnecessary and continues to prove how pointless and hypocritical cancel culture is. Take any MPG rn: Ariana, Dua, Charli (not a MPG I know but let’s pretend), Selena Gomez, etc. If they posted an album cover with all of their friends I would assume the demographic would look pretty similar. The only difference is it’s not their artistic choice to post themselves w all their friends as their album cover. So why is Lana being lashed for her artistic choices? She is an easy target and at this point it is just sad to see the entire online community continue to try to tear her down and blow her defending herself out of proportion for no other reason than trend hopping and mob mentality. Then again, gays tearing down a white woman while overlooking their own problematic tendencies is par for the course for some of you insecure individuals who do absolutely nothing in your lives to support POC aside from accosting a white woman over the internet. Congratulations ATRL on reaching new lows yet again 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
29 minutes ago, onapearl said:

Her poetry isn't even good. It's just another aesthetic. 

Agree.
Lana is a poser, no shade. Her lyrics aren't brilliant, they're enjoyable but nothing revolutionary nor different than something an edgy 15 year old would write.

Link to post
Share on other sites
mxoonlight
2 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

I really don’t understand why racism continues to be an issue that is brought up in conjunction with her art. She has never said anything racist in any way. Ignorant? Yes. However “Karen-izing” a white woman, especially one who in no way is proven racist and who has been subject to unnecessarily misogynistic lashings by the media in the past, is unnecessary and continues to prove how pointless and hypocritical cancel culture is. Take any MPG rn: Ariana, Dua, Charli (not a MPG I know but let’s pretend), Selena Gomez, etc. If they posted an album cover with all of their friends I would assume the demographic would look pretty similar. The only difference is it’s not their artistic choice to post themselves w all their friends as their album cover. So why is Lana being lashed for her artistic choices? She is an easy target and at this point it is just sad to see the entire online community continue to try to tear her down and blow her defending herself out of proportion for no other reason than trend hopping and mob mentality. Then again, gays tearing down a white woman while overlooking their own problematic tendencies is par for the course for some of you insecure individuals who do absolutely nothing in your lives to support POC aside from accosting a white woman over the internet. Congratulations ATRL on reaching new lows yet again 

ariana works pretty exclusively with poc/lgbtq+ so i'm not sure what you're referring to here

 

the 'easy target' she's become is out of her own lack of self-awareness with a multitude of things, it'd be different if 'the media' was actually attacking her like it was ten years ago

Link to post
Share on other sites
stjosephprey4us
Just now, mxoonlight said:

ariana works pretty exclusively with poc/lgbtq+ so i'm not sure what you're referring to here

 

the 'easy target' she's become is out of her own lack of self-awareness with a multitude of things, it'd be different if 'the media' was actually attacking her like it was ten years ago

Ariana’s entire career is based around POC cosplay so IMO she still counts. Sorry I’m not really invested in who Ari hangs out w the way some of y’all are obsessed with every element of ppl’s lives who don’t know you or care you exist. Just was giving a quick example :beatfreak:

Link to post
Share on other sites
mxoonlight
1 minute ago, stjosephprey4us said:

Ariana’s entire career is based around POC cosplay so IMO she still counts. Sorry I’m not really invested in who Ari hangs out w the way some of y’all are obsessed with every element of ppl’s lives who don’t know you or care you exist. Just was giving a quick example :beatfreak:

Incorrect. POC artists have helped her navigate and pay proper homage to music with black roots and have earned money off of every record Ariana has ever recorded. She doesn't need to make posts like this because the receipts are in the album credits and her balance book.

 

Don't cite examples if they don't apply and get Elizabeth a damn mask while you're at it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
stjosephprey4us
2 minutes ago, mxoonlight said:

Incorrect. POC artists have helped her navigate and pay proper homage to music with black roots and have earned money off of every record Ariana has ever recorded. She doesn't need to make posts like this because the receipts are in the album credits and her balance book.

 

Don't cite examples if they don't apply and get Elizabeth a damn mask while you're at it.

The artist who received backlash from multiple black artists (such as Princess Nokia) and had to include 2 Chainz on a remix of the track after 7 rings was blasted with racially charged criticism of cultural appropriation? Kk yeah but my examples don’t apply I guess :heart2:

nice try sweetie

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
shookspeare
19 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

I really don’t understand why racism continues to be an issue that is brought up in conjunction with her art. She has never said anything racist in any way. Ignorant? Yes. However “Karen-izing” a white woman, especially one who in no way is proven racist and who has been subject to unnecessarily misogynistic lashings by the media in the past, is unnecessary and continues to prove how pointless and hypocritical cancel culture is. Take any MPG rn: Ariana, Dua, Charli (not a MPG I know but let’s pretend), Selena Gomez, etc. If they posted an album cover with all of their friends I would assume the demographic would look pretty similar. The only difference is it’s not their artistic choice to post themselves w all their friends as their album cover. So why is Lana being lashed for her artistic choices? She is an easy target and at this point it is just sad to see the entire online community continue to try to tear her down and blow her defending herself out of proportion for no other reason than trend hopping and mob mentality. Then again, gays tearing down a white woman while overlooking their own problematic tendencies is par for the course for some of you insecure individuals who do absolutely nothing in your lives to support POC aside from accosting a white woman over the internet. Congratulations ATRL on reaching new lows yet again 

it's just the self-appointed elitist PC police force lashing anyone who doesn't conform to the ridiculous standards of speech that they've shoved onto everyone at this point

 

I'm glad Elizabeth doesn't care about any of it. she sees what's real and what's not. they HATE her because she thinks for herself :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
mxoonlight
Just now, stjosephprey4us said:

The artist who received backlash from multiple black artists (such as Princess Nokia) and had to include 2 Chainz on a remix of the track after 7 rings was blasted with racially charged criticism of cultural appropriation? Kk yeah but my examples don’t apply I guess :heart2:

nice try sweetie

 

1) Princess Nokia isn't black 2) your example didn't apply because you admitted you didn't know who Ariana surrounded herself with 3) two black women wrote 7 rings and three black men produced 7 rings so where is the outrage from the black community if they themselves produced it :mandown:

 

None of this negates LDR's lack of self-awareness when it comes to her stance on societal issues which has tarnished people's view of her in the past two years. Something this exchange isn't helping her with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
alejandreaux
43 minutes ago, 80x100 said:

:chick3:

clipping off half of the sentence to clock my logic may have worked in a different context, but it literally doesn’t here..? :skull: I still explained how her words come off way worse than how she thinks they do and she shouldn’t jump to conclusions so hard when she’s being criticized like this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Selena Gomez

Not her trying to say she's not racist because she dated rappers as if all rappers are black and Eminem, G-Eazy, MKG and others don't exist. :ahh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...