Jump to content

TUN surpasses consecutive 100 weeks mark on BB200 top 100


ariananext

Recommended Posts

ariananext

 

 

apparently it's the first album by a female artist to reach this feat since Rihanna's Anti :angel: and these are the only female albums to do so

 

21 - Adele

25 - Adele 

Fearless - Taylor Swift

1989 - Taylor Swift 

Anti - Rihanna

thank u next - Ariana Grande

 

it also makes it the album with the least singles to do so 

 

I don't have a source for these facts tho so don't @ me :-*

Edited by ariananext
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
KillingYourCareer

I'm impressed by the fact it's only the second female streaming era album to achieve this feat, with how stagnant albums charts have become I'd expect more recent albums in that list!

Edited by KillingYourCareer
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I'm impressed by the fact it's only the second streaming era album to achieve this feat, with how stagnant albums charts have become I'd expect more recent albums in that list!

I mean it’s the biggest album released by a woman in years . Taylor and Billie will reach 100 weeks as well :clap3:

 

Edited by Katamari
Link to post
Share on other sites
ariananext
9 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I'm impressed by the fact it's only the second female streaming era album to achieve this feat, with how stagnant albums charts have become I'd expect more recent albums in that list!

if they know how to play their cards, Ariana didn't, this album could've done so much more with better treatment, the singles were all released close to one another and as the last one was released on album day, she disappeared and then went on tour, so the singles all killed each other potential (see single #3 not going 1 because it was blocked by single #2 which wasn't even close to peaking iirc). if she did a good rollout it would've done twice as good :!ohno: like sweetener and positions too

Link to post
Share on other sites
ariananext
6 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Taylor's debut spent its first 172 weeks in the top 100

maybe they weren't consecutive? I don't know, it wasn't mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites

congrats! :clap3:

1 hour ago, ariananext said:

and these are the only female albums to do so

 

21 - Adele

25 - Adele 

Fearless - Taylor Swift

1989 - Taylor Swift 

Anti - Rihanna

thank u next - Ariana Grande

+ dont smile at me - Billie Eilish (137 consecutive weeks in the top 100 so far)

Edited by suzumia
Link to post
Share on other sites
peterstyles13

The list definitely seems to be missing some albums.

 

1 hour ago, ariananext said:

maybe they weren't consecutive? I don't know, it wasn't mentioned.

They were consecutive:

 

19-37-62-79-69-70-70-67-65-55-63-46-42-42-55-46-46-36-24-28-30-34-40-34-33-22-21-21-15-13-16-15-21-24-18-19-18-21-15-13-13-16-17-16-15-13-23-34-37-34-33-31-26-26-8-16-13-12-9-8-8-8-5-5-6-6-9-10-7-10-12-9-12-8-14-16-13-10-9-11-11-11-12-12-15-16-19-14-17-14-12-12-13-16-11-15-24-25-24-25-32-36-39-31-29-34-26-21-40-29-32-28-25-26-36-27-26-32-33-32-38-41-41-35-36-29-39-38-21-35-46-49-48-46-48-40-36-36-46-39-44-38-44-38-36-39-46-45-54-47-48-45-53-67-71-59-60-58-53-36-47-39-44-41-39-39-40-49-55-55-65-62-70-83-97-100-108

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
LosingHimWasBlue
19 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

The list definitely seems to be missing some albums.

 

They were consecutive:

 

19-37-62-79-69-70-70-67-65-55-63-46-42-42-55-46-46-36-24-28-30-34-40-34-33-22-21-21-15-13-16-15-21-24-18-19-18-21-15-13-13-16-17-16-15-13-23-34-37-34-33-31-26-26-8-16-13-12-9-8-8-8-5-5-6-6-9-10-7-10-12-9-12-8-14-16-13-10-9-11-11-11-12-12-15-16-19-14-17-14-12-12-13-16-11-15-24-25-24-25-32-36-39-31-29-34-26-21-40-29-32-28-25-26-36-27-26-32-33-32-38-41-41-35-36-29-39-38-21-35-46-49-48-46-48-40-36-36-46-39-44-38-44-38-36-39-46-45-54-47-48-45-53-67-71-59-60-58-53-36-47-39-44-41-39-39-40-49-55-55-65-62-70-83-97-100-108

 

 

Oh wow.. :WAP:

debut did THAT

Link to post
Share on other sites
ineedboxinggloves

Congrats to the streaming queen:clap3:

2 hours ago, ariananext said:

 

 

21 - Adele

25 - Adele 

Fearless - Taylor Swift

1989 - Taylor Swift 

Anti - Rihanna

thank u next - Ariana Grande

 

it also makes it the album with the least singles to do so 

 

+ASIB charted for 103 consecutive weeks before departing. (It’s female led / male led)

 

+The Fame charted for +100 consecutive weeks as well

 

 (11/15/2008 - 10/02/10; it was released in August 2008 but didn’t chart for its first 3 month unlike TUN) 

 

Nonethless notice how all these albums were smashed :clap3:TUN:clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ariananext said:

if they know how to play their cards, Ariana didn't, this album could've done so much more with better treatment, the singles were all released close to one another and as the last one was released on album day, she disappeared and then went on tour, so the singles all killed each other potential (see single #3 not going 1 because it was blocked by single #2 which wasn't even close to peaking iirc). if she did a good rollout it would've done twice as good :!ohno: like sweetener and positions too

imagine where it’d be if they pushed NASA as a single :jonny6:

Link to post
Share on other sites
ariananext
39 minutes ago, ALA said:

What are its units as of now?

 

Pretty impressive. :clap3:

it surpassed 3M in November 2019, I guess it's at least 4x platinum eligible since it's been charting all year and still gets a lot of streams, the way they only certified it double platinum THIS year :deadbanana4: I don't understand why they always do this

Link to post
Share on other sites
By the Water
39 minutes ago, ariananext said:

it surpassed 3M in November 2019, I guess it's at least 4x platinum eligible since it's been charting all year and still gets a lot of streams, the way they only certified it double platinum THIS year :deadbanana4: I don't understand why they always do this

It's at 2.8-2.9M :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...