• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• biblicalmonster

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Schhh

• Hot Volcano

CakeLikeLG
23 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

Besides they're a huge liar, the 300k of TOTGA already includes the acoustic version, it occured to me that 400k+ was out of the question :rip::skull:

not them resorting to LIES to fit their narrative. Mental illness, luv:ahh:

Marry Illusion Glory
2 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

aren't you from the same country as @Schhh? interesting to hear that considering he keeps claiming it's forgotten :sistrens:

Consistently getting airplay in the country that you live in even 12 years later. That would probably explain the fumes about this timeless synth-pop classic

OGRbyHF.thumb.png.6aa5b340bef920e38f0c9b

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory
perpetual novice

Just Dance and Poker Face are classic pop songs, they are going to be remembered and played for decades, there just isn't any denying that unless you already don't like her, then of course you're going to disagree

4 hours ago, Frappucino said:

Omg I’m not even a Little Monster but the denial here is kinda cringe 

There’s plenty of songs that are considered classics and don’t have accolades on YouTube or Spotify or whatever. They’re classics because of the impact they left behind. Many of us remember Just Dance as Gaga’s beginning or the beginning of the electropop phase or even it being associated with the video game has helped it linger in people’s minds a lil longer. If you put on Just Dance I’m sure like 80% of people will recognize the beat, the lyrics or the voice. When it gets played at work people still bop to it. The mental gymnastics here to invalidate someone’s success is just... :ahh: 

:clap3:

3 hours ago, Schhh said:

The biggest streaming platform is YouTube sweetie :clown:

Guess who's living in the past :ahh:

Just Dance, Pokerface, Bad Romance, Born this Way and Shallow are ALL Classics in America. Others can deny it if they want to but these songs achieved that status through popularity, nostalgia, impact and importance. These songs have proven to have stood the test of time (sans Shallow), have the sales, and are still referenced now. At her height these songs were omnipresent in media to an extent that few others could achieve. They were not just popular on radio or in the club, they were being discussed or referenced in television, in cartoons, ALL over the internet, movies, the news and videogames. Gaga practically invented the concept of going viral and brought superfandom and pop culture events into the new century. We all know the majority of monster's can be annoying but to deny Gaga has classics or that Just Dance is one of them would deny that any of your faves have ANY classics themselves.

This post was obviously to discuss if JD is a legit classic or signature hit because it is not discussed here as often as her big hits. I think the answer is yes, I think it is one of her most fun songs and gets people hyped for it at clubs. It has also gone viral several times. I actually hear JD on the radio more than any of her other songs mentioned.

romonster

Yes, Just Dance is a classic.

That means Lady Gaga has Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Born This Way and Shallow as legitimate classics in her catalog. Very impressive!

romonster
4 hours ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Oh so now we're combining versions to inflate song stats. Interesting. Maybe I should start adding official remix streams to Gaga's songs as well? The mental gymnastics by Kats, hang it up flatscreen :dies:

keep-saying-it-just-keep-saying-it-keep-

OT: It's a classic and the OGHs saying "no" are delusional and pressed as always, to nobody's surprise

Some can't digest the fact that Lady Gaga has multiple GLOBAL classics. The only female artist to have more than 5 songs be top 10 in IFPI Global charts 

3SzUPSi.thumb.jpg.79f82816f96332ef829435

OT: This is obvious, yes. It's a soon-to-be Diamond classic

3SzUPSi.thumb.jpg.79f82816f96332ef829435

The absolute DELUSION :ahh:

Nobody is trying to re-write history here except you and others who can't seem to digest for some reason that Lady Gaga has MULTIPLE remembered classics in 2021, including Just Dance. Radio DJs, pop music critics and authors have credited it for making dance music and synth driven pop music mainstream again.

I know it's hard to accept that some artists are remembered for their timeless quality music and their tangible impact that goes just beyond temporary sex appeal and the bells and whistles which is all nothing but smoke and mirrors, but maybe it is time to accept reality now. The second-hand embarrassment is cringeworthy and pitiful at this point. Enough. 

4 hours ago, biblicalmonster said:

Besides they're a huge liar, the 300k of TOTGA already includes the acoustic version, it occured to me that 400k+ was out of the question :rip::skull:

4 hours ago, zoldyck said:

Most streamed artist on youtube:

Bad Bunny: 21.1M

Most Streamed artist on spotify:

Bad Bunny: 32.1M

But nice on that 1M difference on specific songs :toofunny3:

3 hours ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Calvin Harris, radio DJs and pop music critics DEFINITELY know more about dance music and related events than you or I do, that's for sure.

Keep fuming, it's entertaining to watch your meltdowns and mental gymnastics. Good thing is besides its actual IMPACT, it also has great stats, great recurrent streams, has sold 9.2M+ SPS in US alone, is one of the biggest singles of all time and is a remembered classic. SEETHE!:ahh:

Poor @Schhh  :deadbanana4:

OT: Indeed, Just Dance is a classic in Gaga's remembered catalog of hits!

Edited by romonster
Marry Illusion Glory
11 minutes ago, romonster said:

Yes, Just Dance is a classic.

That means Lady Gaga has Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Born This Way and Shallow as legitimate classics in her catalog. Very impressive!

Five huge global classics and cultural events in their own rights, more remembered, impactful and iconic than whole careers. Two US Diamond singles, and two more to join that exclusive club soon, including the one this whole topic is about. Very impressive, indeed!

ezgif-1-02d7dbc425a7.thumb.gif.b5f36b6c7

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory
romonster
1 minute ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Five huge global classics and cultural events in their own rights, more remembered, impactful and iconic than whole careers. Two US Diamond singles, and two more to join that exclusive club soon, including the one this whole topic is about. Very impressive, indeed!

When you put it like that :jonny5:

Just Dance is unarguably a remembered and global classic! It's the song that started the career of a pop icon, after all.

Oktober Knight

No. 

And the OP is so try hard. Imagine having the time to gather info and post essays every single day on here to try and make their fav shine. The 'Rona really got some of y'all bored, huh? 

perfillusion

Yes, not only was it one of the slowest rises to #1 because dance music was dead on US radio (sorry Blackout), it's almost Diamond and it was very influential on other songs. Tik Tok is been compared to JD a lot - just look at the wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tik_Tok_(song) - and Cali Gurl took the melody from Tik Tok. So it had a huge effect on the careers of Kesha and Katy. The impact >>>>>>>>>> 

8 minutes ago, perfillusion said:

Yes, not only was it one of the slowest rises to #1 because dance music was dead on US radio (sorry Blackout), it's almost Diamond and it was very influential on other songs. Tik Tok is been compared to JD a lot - just look at the wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tik_Tok_(song) - and Cali Gurl took the melody from Tik Tok. So it had a huge effect on the careers of Kesha and Katy. The impact >>>>>>>>>> 

:ahh:  

12 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

No. 

And the OP is so try hard. Imagine having the time to gather info and post essays every single day on here to try and make their fav shine. The 'Rona really got some of y'all bored, huh? 

2 minutes ago, znake said:

:ahh:  

1 minute ago, R0cky said:

No it’s forgagatten

Yes

Marry Illusion Glory
Just now, R0cky said:

No it’s forgagatten

That's such an original joke, I'm laughing so hard I have stomach cramps OMG LMFAO hahahahahaha :ahh:

Spoiler

:eli:

OT: A timeless classic and dance floor anthem indeed

tenor.gif?itemid=9816723

• #FreeBritney Activist

Of course, the first 6M+ selling single iirc

1 minute ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

That's such an original joke, I'm laughing so hard I have stomach cramps OMG LMFAO hahahahahaha :ahh:

Reveal hidden contents

:eli:

OT: A timeless classic and dance floor anthem indeed

tenor.gif?itemid=9816723

That is also a warnable joke :fan:

• #FreeBritney Activist

Just Dance was always a classic. It was just never on the level of Poker Face or Bad Romance :celestial5: